What are the most normie or uninformed reactions to music you've ever heard?

What are the most normie or uninformed reactions to music you've ever heard?

>Show friend some Drum & Bass
>"This sounds like a really weird rap beat"

>Listening to Linkin Park on MP3 player in 2004-2005
>School friend sees I'm listening to them
>"user, did you know that Linkin Park stole the LP logo thing from Eminem?"
>Just say "err, OK" because I have no idea what he's talking about and don't really care
>Memory of him saying that enters my mind from time to time, confusing me
>Realise about 12 years later that he was referring to The Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers "LP"
>mfw

Goddammit, Lyam.

One of my friends called "Sleeping in the Flowers" by They Might Be Giants death metal

I have a chick friend who calls anything containing harsh vocals "Screamo". We're 24.

Also when I was like 12 and listening to Slipknot (shut up), my mother said, and I quote: "That crap sounds like that Led Zeffelin band". No, I didn't make a typo in the quote.

>Led Zeffelin
is she talking about loop zoop?

true story, once I was pulled over by cops and they found weed and as one cop was writing a ticket the other tried to smalltalk with us and asked my friend what music he liked. He said "They Might Be Giants" was his favorite band, the cop said "what do they play?" and my friend said "rock, kinda" and the cop said, "Oh, like KISS?" and my friend said "sort of"

I have no idea. I've actually brought it up to her a few times after jokingly asking how she wouldn't have at least known the name; she was born in '51 so it's not like she was a zygote when Zeppelin was at its peak. She always responds with "Well I was always busy back then". Again, it makes no sense to me. We have many moments like this about things and it's always unsatisfying. She's essentially that person who on Monday at work when someone brings up the Mayweather/McGregor fight will go "Oh I'm not into boxing so I didn't know it was a thing."

>Listening to Linkin Park on MP3 player in 2004-2005
>School friend sees I'm listening to them
>"user, did you know that Linkin Park stole the LP logo thing from Eminem?"
>Just say "err, OK" because I have no idea what he's talking about and don't really care
>Memory of him saying that enters my mind from time to time, confusing me
>Realise about 12 years later that he was referring to The Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers "LP"
>mfw
that made ma laugh actually, thanks OP

>"This sounds like a really weird rap beat"
it kind of does

''rap is a genre''
''grime is hip hop''
''breaks, house, techno are subgenres of EDM, subgenres of electronic''

Wait, what's wrong with that? Am I supposed to give a shit about boxing now?

"Grimes makes good music"

>>Show friend some Drum & Bass
I always got told it sounds like the powerpuff girls theme song.

moms are cheating man

No, you're supposed to be aware enough of the things that are (well, were) promoted everywhere. I'm a friendless shut in who doesn't even really watch TV and I've known about the thing for months. I don't give a shit about German politics either but I've still heard of Angela Merkel.

Grime is hip hop in the same way punk is rock

It just is

>play summertime clothes by animal collective

>friend laughs at me and calls it circus music

The Powerpuff Girls theme song is Drum & Bass, you know

shitty bait is shitty

It's true though

I fail to see how anyone could think otherwise

Ignorance, stupidity, baiters and trolls

Hip hop, jungle and grime MC'ing all comes from Jamaican dancehall.

Jungle and grime music comes from Jamaican Bristol immigrants and the hardcore continuum.

Hip hop and grime grew in tandem, both with different roots in Jamaican music from immigration to Bristol / New York.

The only correlation between hip hop and grime is Jamaica.

some people take pride in acting ignorant about normie stuff, like the
>oh you like NFL, hehe, did your favorite player get a homerun in sportsball this weekend hehe

it's a valid opinion, desu. Animal collective is corney horseshit for people who buy take fake exctasy pills or MXE.

What makes you think that?