I think I may have an addiction, and if not then definitely a psychological dependency. I have actual...

I think I may have an addiction, and if not then definitely a psychological dependency. I have actual, legitimately crippling ADD, not just that overdiagnosed bullshit ADD. Usually hate taking meds of any kind, I still have the Vicodin prescription in my drawer from getting my wisdom teeth out. But my dad, who's a psychiatrist, got me to start taking "adderal" (its a methylphenidate called concerta, relatively similar). Dosage is still super small, only 18mg, but I feel hooked. I've been taking it for about 8 months now daily. I've seen an improvement in my actual medical condition, but I also noticed some...other desirable effects.

Always loved vidya but never been any good, but in the last 8 months I've ranked up in CSGO from MG1 to LEM. I'm studying CompSci at college and coding is a fucking breeze.

But now I feel like shit on days when I don't take it. Whenever I'm not on adderal, all I can think about is when I can get more. It's been 8 months and I'm still on pussy 18mg dosage, and my dad recommends I move up to 27.

But I don't want this to be the rest of my life. I don't want to need a pill just to be what I want to be. What do you guys think, do I use this as a crutch the rest of my life or stop taking it and deal with my mental issues without meds.

>psychoLOGical

If you have ADD and are taking medication for it, then thats really all there is to it.

As someone in the same position. What the fuck are you on about? I got shit for not being able to do what everyone else could do without batting an eye. On meds I outperform basically everyone. I can appreciate having the ability to do the dishes without problem and that makes me way more efficient. Sure I need to take my meds every day, but I need to eat I'm order to function as well, I need to pay rent and so and so forth. But so what? It made me go from a depressed "fedora good guy" to someone who got his shit together.

>the medication is working what do I do?

Don't abuse it, share it, or be irresponsible with it and try to stay on the smallest effective dose.

Congrats

I used to snort Ritalin back in my day. When I got older and tried cocaine, I was disappointed because it wasn't as good as ritalin, with a worse come down.

Can you snort your type or does it have anti-insuffilation compounds in it? I mean, I'm not saying you should snort it, but if you want more mileage out of it, take the time to chop it into a fine powder like a professional, don't make it into chunky rocks like a fucking junkie in a public toilet stall.

FPBP

KILL YOURSELF

Listen. ADHD codefag here.

Needing medication is not a crutch. The ADD/ADHD brain can't focus because it has a higher threshold of stimulation required to captivate focus. Stimulant medication raises your baseline stimulation much closer to the threshold allowing you to reach your full potential. Your accomplishments on ADD medication are not accomplishments of the drug, its YOU man. seriously.

ADHD / ADD isn't a disorder. It's a different mode of operation. You have just as much capacity for focus/learning/anything that a "normal" person has. In fact, when people with ADHD are "in the zone", they can do better work, for longer periods of time, with less mental fatigue. Coding is my "zone", I can code for 12 hours straight day in and day out and not break a sweat. Pretty much anything else requires a LOT of difficultly and focus.

Find your niche bro.

KILL YOURSELF

Trips logged!

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

So ritalin? Quit while you're still ahead and start taking modafinil instead or stay on and resist the urge to keep increasing your dosage.

I'm a speed addict (buy it off the darknet from Europe) and have been doing stupid dosages 2-3x a week for the past five years. Hard to quit, I love the rush but when I crash, it's the lowest feeling in the world. It's caused a lot of pain for my family and myself, I regret going down this path but I can't stop.

Adderall has been effective for me in the past, but only when I had my dosage monitored very closely. 18mg of ritalin is about the equivalent of 10mg of adderall, which is certainly very safe to continue doing for an extended period of time. You won't even feel that much of a withdrawal should you decide to quit cold turkey.

KILL YOURSELF

What kinda fucking retard thinks methylphenidate and amphetamine are the same thing.

I have also been diagnosed with ADD, and have been taking meds for more than a year. I took ritalin, dexoamphetaminesulphate and concerta for a small period of time before i completely stopped using meds and going to the psycholog weekly. I suggest you try to deal with it by yourself without any meds. If listening to music doesnt help try doing something with your hands. I used to fill math notebook pages with squares. I had a collection of notebooks full of squares. It takes some time to find something that helps you, but once you do you can control it better. Best hopes to you user.

KILL YOURSELF

Only important thing you should know. I am in the same boat, before adderall, I was failing school, doing bad in life in general. Now I am getting straight A's. Its important to take a hand to save you when your drowning. Go talk to a another dr, if your not comfortable with your dad. Dont post serious qs on 4 chan.. maybe like 2% of people are trying to help, the others are trolling

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

Scientologist detected.

get your dad to prescribe to actual adderall, or at least vyvanse. Concerta will turn you into a psychopath

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

I love this autohide script.

Anyway OP, you might have to come to terms that this is how your life is going to be. Maybe there's an underlying condition, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know what affects ADD.

KILL YOURSELF

you can snort concerta, but you need a razor blade to cut away like 5 different layers of time release shit. It's a real pain in the ass to snort. It's not easy like adderall

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

I took 20 xr adderall from age 14 to 23. then quit cold turkey. It was tough for about a week, because I couldn't focus or think clearly but you normalize eventually

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

good advice

t. adhd and 50 years old

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

sorry to jump the thread but

>be me
>be 40
>be self-employed, struggling to make ends meet

I just can't focus on anything, I am forgetting to pay important bills, I am unable to sit down at my desk, I am pacing the floor and can't work out what to do next.

Been to see the doctor and been prescribed Citalopram which made me sick for a week then no difference, and then another thing I can't even remember, it was useless.

Done an online test (iknorite) and it says I have medium to severe or Adult ADD.

I don't think I am depressed, I think adderall would help.

However I think the symptoms of ADD are presenting through stress.

That said in my college days I used to use amphetamines a lot and loved them, got loads done, made me feel 'correct'.

tl;dr how can I get prescribed Adderall in the UK?

lol at all the faggots ITT with their fictitious mental disorder they use to justify the fact they are just lazy pieces of shit.

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

In Germany a lot of students use Ritalin (german pendant to adderal) to improve their scores.

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

Are you a wizard?