This album is basically QOTSA trying to be like White Stripes

this album is basically QOTSA trying to be like White Stripes

this album is better than anything the white stripes put out

Except it's not like that at all

qotsa is such a safe band to say you like

it's like an internet approved merit badge to put on your shitty little vest of "taste" but nobody actually loves them or anything

the opposite of a guilty pleasure

I'm a huge fan of QotSA.
Bigger fan of Kyuss though. It's like their discog was made for me.
But I love QotSA too.

Not that guy, but it's true.

QOTSA is one of my all time favourites.

Why is it so quiet

Villians > Era Vulgaris

It's not great, but has some very good songs on it (Feet Don't Fail Me, Evil Has Landed, Head Like A Haunted House)

those are my least favorite
fortress un-reborn again and domesticated animals are top tier

It's great live, saw them at leeds on friday

No, its not. Its your opinion.

I don't know how you can post those childishly stupid song titles and still say they're good.

I saw them at reading on saturday, I loved it so much.

Friday*

White Stripes made dance-rock?

>but nobody actually loves them or anything

That's where you're wrong kiddo

I have never actually met a QOTSA fan but I am sure if I did, I wouldn't like them. They have to be one of the worst bands I have ever heard and that is saying s lot.

I think this album's the bee's tits. Lots of personality and lots of guitar fun, and I just don't get a single thread of pretentiousness from it either. The thing everyone hates about bands that have been around a long time is that they either do the same thing so everyone's bored and uninspired, or they change and do something shit. QOTSA managed to not do either of those things and it just werks.

>thinks music is subjective

OK babe, go back to your Death Grips now.

Sounds like your being a contrarian but okay.

Aww boiiiiiiiiii

Villains doesn't really sound anything like the White Stripes. The production on the album is also way too "inorganic" to compare to the Stripes (with Jack being a big analogue fanboy). It sounds like a mix of Them Crooked Vultures and Era Vulgaris. Not super original, but the songs are all pretty solid.

this is so retarded, holy shit

my nigga

It doesn't even make sense.
>you like it, but you don't REALLY like it

It's almost as if they're a good band or something.

Era Vulgaris>Everything

A rock band that has somehow put out reliably good albums for almost two decades now? I better go on the in'nernets and tell people that I happen to dislike them!

Ah, finally! The respect and credibility I deserve will soon be mine!

Real talk though, their discography is shockingly solid for any band with over 4 albums.

Anybody have an upload for the album?

It's on TPB

rutracker has FLAC m8.

Considering it's the guitarist from Kyuss, that isn't really all that shocking

soulseek bruh bruh

Smashing Pumpkins syndrome. Peaked with their third album.

as much as i love era vulgaris you have to give it to songs for the deaf.
if all the bonus songs were included in era vulgaris then it might be close
both wrong. feet dont fail me, un-reborn again are the good songs on this album

i think we can all agree that the way you used to do is by far the worst track

The band uploaded the whole album on their YouTube page

ehh i liked the album. didn't blow me away but i can say this band is at least consistently making decent music unlike every other fucking sell out "rock" band these days

there's really no "my god is the sun", "3s and 7s" or "no one knows" on this album.

why would they be on the album wtf

it is, but it is not out of place between the two songs it's stuck in the middle of

its a shame about the way you used to do because it sounds like its going to get pretty good in the last minute.

you're a certified spacker

>mellon collie is better than siamese dream

You could say the same for radiohead or gorillaz

don't get me wrong it's not a terrible track, just the worst one of the bunch.
i know what you mean, i was pretty bummed when they first released and it made me worried about the rest of the album

I love QOTSA and they've been my favorite band for the past 10 years

So you like bands that are shit just to prove you enjoy underground bands.
Thank fuck i'm not you.

it's basically them not trying

Is it just me, or has Josh went soft?
A song about his wife and a song for his children... come on man, you used to sing about doing drugs and driving down the desert and shit

Well he's 44 now.
EV came out when he was still "young" enough to do the wild shit. He definitely grew up with LC.

Can we talk about how consistant this band's discography is? It's like they're getting BETTER as the years go on.

just heard it for the second now right now. first time didn't do much for me, but this time i enjoyed it quite a bit. certainly not as hard hitting as some of their previous work, but it's definitely a fun record.

They haven't released anything better than SFTD.

cool opinon

But their sound is still relevant in 2017

The Evil Has Landed is a top 3 QOTSA song ever

negatory friendo

Its a opinion like many other opions out there.
It's a good album, but made by a band that made some outstanding albuns before this one.

BTW, the only album that i think this tops in my bok is Era Vulgaris, but Villains is a little too short IMHO.

I prefer that to a 50 year old family man trying to act like a 25 year old rock star

I like The Evil Has Landed. It sounds like a lost track from Them Crooked Vultures.

just a little bland.. but i wasn't hyped so i still enjoyed this, some fucking great tracks th

How can Domesticated Animals be so good? It got the decadent and sleazy vibe of Era Vulgaris and gave it a splash of glitter and gold. That final segment is mindblowing.

This makes perfect sense to me, don't know what's up with all the normfams in this thread.

The Evil Has Landed fills that quota, imo

>people don't actually like things, they just pretend to

it's time to get off the internet, Jimmy

it's like the album is 50% upbeat, poppy rock songs and 50% Like Clockwork-esque, deeper songs

>i dont like them so everyone must dislike them
Villains is great and QOTSA is great, get over it

Hes roght though

Dude basically died and you're wondering why he writes songs for his family? Come on man

Like Clockwork was p good

This is trash because it’s entirely transparent what it’s intentions are.

Well crafted b8

>Always, evermore, and on and on
>Always, evermore
You'd be lying if you did not love Villains of Circumstance

Favorite part of the album

best track desu
>I'll tell you where the gold is
>It's in the ground
>You wonder where's the reason?
>It's in the lost and found
still singing this since friday

nothing on here even sounds like the White Stripes. Meg White could handle the drums on TWYUTD, but beyond that I don't hear much White Stripes/Jack White in this.

>This is trash because it’s entirely transparent what it’s intentions are.

Trash is harsh, but I do agree it feels like it was purposely made to appeal to the masses and is a sterile QOTSA record.

>appeal to the masses

what songs other than The Way You Used To Do, and maybe Feet Don't Fail Me Now (if you edited the intro) could you imagine playing on modern rock radio?

which of these 5+ minute songs, discursive and weird tracks just screams mass appeal sellout to you?

>this album is better than anything the white stripes put out

ahahaha are you kiddin' me? stupid album. like shitwater in my toilet. I love this band but josh should be dropped THE MUSIC since era vulgaris.

Hideaway is the most easy listening song Josh Homme has ever put on a record.

I really like the White Wedding cover on Era Vulgaris. Shame it was only a bonus track.

ITT contrarians have perfected bait

What a pointless fucking post.

This 2bh

there's a song for his daughter in LC too

exactly my choices too

The Way You Used To Do is a lot less boring live with actual audible cymbals

Right now im listening to the album over and over not because im a huge fan of it but because im trying to get over that thershold where you start familiarizing yourself enough with a song to enjoy it

Feel like this as well. Have listened to it 3 times now, like it a lot more each time.

Yes, I agree. We're very serious and very grown-up, here. There's room for such childishness in music

You listen to a song or artist because the work resonates in some way with you and you enjoy it. its not a fkn fashion show and the band names and artists are some form of apparel you wear to relay false info on how interesting of a person you are. people like you are the leeches of the creative world, suckling on the tits of small artists acting as if somehow the work they did reflects on your creative merit just because you fucking verbalize their name in every god damn fucking conversation about music, when in reality youve done shit and your opinions is equivalent in worth to your crossly record player you picked up at target. go back to instagram art fag