What's your favourite track from this album?

What's your favourite track from this album?
Rank sufjan's albums
General sufjan thread

Should have known better is pure musical nirvana

Illinois

all of me wants all of you

seven swans>michigan>age of adz>illinois>carrie and lowell>a sun came>enjoy your rabbit

cant wait for the score he composed for that new film. sufjan is awesome.

I like fourth of July better

why do you cry?

The Only Thing, same goes for C&L Live too

Has anyone been able to go back to the studio album after listening to this? I know you could probably argue that the studio one has better atmosphere but C&L Live is just so much more interestingly arranged.

they way i see it the studio is much more sombre but the live album turns that sadness into a thing pure beauty.

I really love this album but have never managed to get into the rest of sufjans music
Ive tried illinois and age of adz and they were fine but neither grabbed me like c&l
Any other recs?

No shade in the shadow of the cross
"There's blood on that blade, fuck me, I'm falling apart." Always gets to me, and I'm not exactly sure why. I guess because it means both fuck me in the sense of have sex with me and that he's upset with himself. Shit just stings senpai.

>turns that sadness into a thing pure beauty.

as it should be desu

Same desu

Very correct and very checked.

the only thing thats kinda in the same vein from his discog is seven swans, but even that is still a bit different stylistically (christian folk core).

Songs for Christmas > anything else

quints confirm

John My Beloved is probably my favourite track. Fourth of July hit me the hardest though.

Should have known better
It just hits

The live version's title track is just so beautiful

illinois>carrie and lowell>age of adz>seven swans>a sun came>enjoy your rabbit

From the ones I've heard