Are they good?

are they good?

Nope.. Ian Stuart Donaldson is good!! Skrewdriver is not to be fucked with!

No, they're bad

Yes

Gay

>angry kids write songs about muh alcohol and drugs are bad
>good
What do you think, OP?

nope

Yes very. They are what punk should be.

They're hardcore, not punk. Punk is about drinking and skating and having fun, not being a self righteous prick on a high horse.

This is not hardcore at all you twat

Yes it is, this was the blueprint for all SxE hardcore bands in existence

This is music for little kids.

i dig them but i have to be in a very particular mood. these days it can be tough for me to find the appeal in straightforward hardcore. i'd much rather listen to some of the more dynamic variants of punk, but minor threat are possibly the peak of their style.

Triggered junkie.

I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than go around and pass judgement
Be a giant lord of edge

They're hardcore punk, and more punk than most bands at that time by rebelling against the common punk kid who got fucked up all the time and was riddled with stds.
Its a good album with poorly made music. The idea and attitude behind it fully drives this album to be a classic in the punk scene. Just like any hardcore/punk album.

isn't being straight edge way more edgier than doing drugs

It's fast, it's fun, it's loud.

The only people who would like this album would have to be into punk and hardcore to really enjoy it.

>I WILL NOT BE CONSUMED BY YOUR POISON
>TRUE TILL DEATH
>X ON MY HANDS
Yes it is.

can someone give me some recs? I want to get deeper into punk but I can't find anything I really enjoy at all, only stuff I think to be 'okay' listening

I like some metal and hardcore punk but the selection is really sparce atm

DUDE

By today's standards they're barely hardcore. Minor Threat is a lot closer to regular punk than hardcore.

EDGE

I'm into it. I think it's funny how their entire discography is shorter than most albums that come out these days.

LMAO

ITT: not an argument

Listen to some Bad Brains