Firefox gets worse with every update

firefox gets worse with every update

that's why I stick with 50.1.0

Non stop shitty. I switched to waterfox. Much better. Some weird issues with youtube but other than that its great.

A moment of silence for those that prefer Firefox over Chrome

wait what made ff worse? I like the screenshot update....

Was a diehard ff user for years,finally had enough. Every now and then I use it for testing and remind myself why I left.

they keep doing updates that make it slower, less efficient, and stall more. i had to delete my profile data after uninstalling, to get a clean fresh install to fix bugs that happened due to updates, right now i have netflix playing in the background and that is making type this out stall/lag

Bro I know what you mean! Since last update, it asked to install an update for mypirated Photoshop 8 and now theres a eye on screen that I cant get rid of.

a moment of silence for the yahoo people using chrome on windows 10*

Html5 is unsupported without an extra gay add on. Either way they sold out years ago.

True.
They have been working with TOR and Google since 2012, so go figure.

wat version are you using 21?

Version 57 'Quantum' is going to fix all the complaints. It's out in beta now, try it. It runs across multiple cores so is twice as fast as the last version, and it uses 30%less RAM than Chrome.

i wished we could just rewind the clock 8 years or so, shit was a lot less complicated back then, and we bought solid expansions, not DLCs to buggy betas.

Sad but true

Opera and Vivaldi . I run both and have had ZERO problems in 15 years.

Gotta use Google Ultron

the problem is that the developers to these browser should always put focus on the end user, never themselves, the world out there is annoying enough with all the viruses exploiting and hijacking your browser, how can these things still be an issue in 2017 blows my mind with the best "security tip" being uninstalling flash and java and running a adblocker.

yeah it updates adobe reader for you

is this a troll thread? only normies use chrome and youve gotta be the kind that dont care about privacy

that you know of, both browsers runs chrome/chromium as core and sends data to google, only because shit isnt bothering you today doesnt mean it will in 5-10 years when companies has policy updates allowing them to gain access to employee data to "further improve" their business morale.

Shows what YOU know. Vivaldi has a "no chrome" switch. Use it all the time.

>default search engine: google
>using chrome extensions which are managed by google
>using google dns
>using google scam/site blacklist
>using google profile system (gmail)

I'm sure it has more but its been a while since I last used vivaldi now.

I use Brave now.

also btw the captcha system Sup Forums uses is run/hosted by google

You chromefags dont know the first thing about browsers. Firefox is a great performing browser if not the best right now. Remember what happened in the late 90's and early 00's with Internet explorer?. Of course you dont newfags, go do some reading or have someone read it to you if you are that retarded. Google is taking over the fucking internet as microsoft did in that time period distorting and dictating their own html5 laws, but you kids are too blind to see it with your Android googlephones and general ignorance.

Google is your friend. Don't be afraid of Google.

they have a lot of power and i'm sure they have enough stored traffic to end anyones life/career which makes them a very scary friend

Ouch! Savaged by an Applefag. Good job they don't have teeth.

But srsly, dude has a point. I've been waiting for FF to sort itself out, because Mozilla are about more than FF, they work to support a free internet. Between Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Donald sucking Ajit Pai's cock, we need them.

>Firefox is a great performing browser

Get with the program! November, Version 57. Beta now. It's fast and hasn't f'ed up yet.

>single threaded programs

It's not doing what chrome does now is it? Spawning a new proc for each tab/activity?

I miss the simple days.
I would rather have Flash back than suffer HTML5s inconsistent shit any day.
Sandboxing fixed 90% of the issues that Flash had.
The rest could have been fixed by Adobe getting off their ass and fixing shit.
Which, might I add, they actually did do, despite common disinformation. Fuck, they fixed a trivial non-issue I sent them in where Flash crashed only in Firefox if you made the browser semi-transparent. Fixed in the next update.

HTML5 is:
slow
buggy
inconsistent
has barely any of the useful features Flash had
isn't portable like SWF files are.
has barely any hardware support on both old AND NEW hardware...
It's a fucking disaster in every sense of the word.
If all of those issues got fixed, it might actually be worth something, but it doesn't, they keep adding SHITE features nobody wants except some fucking news sites.

I've been having that issue too, but didn't realize it was FF.

Try BRAVE

Try the beta of 57. It will only take a minute to install, report back?

This guy knows some shit.
It's true that html5 has killed the performance of the web. Ten years ago, you could browse the web with a 166mhz pentium mmx and 32MB ram using flash, html and even javascript. Now the web laughs at you if you have less than a [email protected] with 2GB ram.
I feel you man.

>not using edge

It's all because of hipster cunts with their terrible libraries.

Pretty much every library out there in common use all have the same thing in common: deeply nested enclosures.
Every layer you go deeper in to nested enclosures, the overhead increases considerably.
I mean, to put it in to perspective, you can run Unreal Engine 4 in HTML5. (with hardware acceleration, that is!)
But with high-enclosure nesting, it slows an i7 to a crawl on any reasonably complex website.

Another problem is the DOM, which also suffers from a similar issue, nested elements.
Nested events travel through the entire DOM tree now. It never used to. It used to be direct. But now it is inheritance-based.
That single chance was noticeable when everyone complained about the time "gmail became very slow".
It was not just Gmail, it was any web-app at the time that manipulated large numbers of DOM elements. (including Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Oracles databases and so on)

If those 2 things above were fixed, JS and HTML5 would be fine.
They won't because fixing them requires effort and most of the good programmers have left the standards bodies because of how insufferable the egotistical wanks in those groups are.
Ben @ Google is the reason we don't have a sidebar in Chrome, for example, because "it takes up space when you only have a few tabs open."
A fucking web-casual killed the sidebar.