2024 Summer Olympic Game Potential Hosts

With Hungary out there are only two candidates in the running now

Who should host Sup Forums?
Paris, France or Los Angeles, California, USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12025211/Hamburg-withdraws-bid-to-host-2024-Olympics.html
theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/29/hamburg-votes-2024-olympics
bbc.com/news/world-europe-34960208
wbur.org/news/2015/03/19/wbur-boston-olympics-poll-march
wbur.org/news/2015/07/29/bostons-olympic-bid-unravels
espn.com/boston/story/_/id/13326675/boston-us-candidate-host-2024-olympics-usoc-severs-ties
nytimes.com/2017/02/22/sports/olympics/budapest-2024-summer-games.html?_r=0
money.cnn.com/2017/02/23/news/olympic-games-cost-budapest-2024/
people.com/sports/budapast-cancels-bid-to-host-2024-olympics-leaving-just-l-a-and-paris-in-the-running/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Paris deserves it more but LA would probably be more fun.

As always here is the list of cities that dropped their bid

2024 Summer Olympics
>Rome, Italy
>Budapest, Hungary
>Saint Petersburg, Russia*
>Sochi, Russia*
>Ahmedabad, India
>Copanhagen, Denmark / Hamburg, Germany
>Melbourne & Brisbane, Australia
>Dubai, UAE (United Arab Emirates)
>Madrid, Spain
>Busan, South Korea
>Toronto, Canada
>Guadalajara, Mexico
>Taipei, Taiwan
>Lima, Peru
>Saudi Arabia & Bahrain*
>Durban & Johannesburg, South Africa
>Berlin, Germany
>Hamburg, Germany*
>Nairobi, Kenya
>Casablanca, Morocco
>Doha, Qatar
>Kiev, Ukraine
>Baku, Azerbaijan
>Istanbul, Turkey
>Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia & Singapore
>Bangkok, Thailand
>Busan, South Korea

The United States of America and cities that just didn't make or dropped their bid

>Tulsa, Arizona
>New York City, New York
>Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
>Dallas, Texas
>San Diego, California
>Chicago, Illinois
>Indianapolis, Indiana
>Austin, Texas
>San Antonio, Texas
>Houston, Texas
>Memphis, Tennessee
>Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
>New Orleans, Louisiana
>Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
>Jacksonville, Florida
>Miami, Florida
>Orlando, Florida
>Tampa, Florida
>St. Louis, Missouri
>San Francisco, California
>Sacramento, California
>Seattle, Washington
>Charlotte, North Carolina
>Portland, Oregon
>Phoenix, Arizona
>Columbus, Ohio
>Nashville, Tennessee
>Rochester, New York
>Denver, Colorado
>Boston, Massachusetts**

Articles relating to Candidate Cities who dropped their bid for the 2024 Olympics

>Hamburg
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12025211/Hamburg-withdraws-bid-to-host-2024-Olympics.html
theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/29/hamburg-votes-2024-olympics
bbc.com/news/world-europe-34960208

>Boston
wbur.org/news/2015/03/19/wbur-boston-olympics-poll-march
wbur.org/news/2015/07/29/bostons-olympic-bid-unravels
espn.com/boston/story/_/id/13326675/boston-us-candidate-host-2024-olympics-usoc-severs-ties

>Buapest, Hungary
nytimes.com/2017/02/22/sports/olympics/budapest-2024-summer-games.html?_r=0
money.cnn.com/2017/02/23/news/olympic-games-cost-budapest-2024/
people.com/sports/budapast-cancels-bid-to-host-2024-olympics-leaving-just-l-a-and-paris-in-the-running/

>summer olympics in Qatar

Would like it here in LA since I wasn't born in time for the previous two.

And would speedup some infrastructure projects. Still want to go to Tokyo though, that would be hard to follow up for either 2024 candidate city for sure.

Isn't there basically zero public transport in Los Angeles?

I want to see Paris host the Olympics. Last time they hosted was 1924, correct? It would be a nice gesture for the centennial.

i hate france too.

>Naganobudget
What did the Japanese mean by this?

there is some, but since it's a big sprawl, lots of people don't have access to the light rail/subway, just buses.

getting better tho but it's got an expected completion date many years in the future, and if we get the o lympics, it'll get built faster. still not holding my breath though, building anything infrastructure related is fucked in this damn country.

>wat yoo meen, b-bah-djet? gaijin no jus shoew up and buy hotel room?
>[huddled japanese moonsquirreling intensifies]

>That Sochi difference

To be honest, LA sounds good but I really don't think US will be granted a Olympics or a WC if there's still all the inmigration issues. He may not be until those years, but the media doesn't give a fuck, and those decisions are always political ones

nigga they didn't give two shits after all about putin and his fagrustling, why the hell do you think they're realy gonna give a shit about some spics and carpetsniffers?

Because banning entire countries from entry is a lot different than beating up random Russian gay people

Puttin has actually a good media in yuroop. He's a fucking psycho but if you pay attention, you can see how sometimes a random suspicious user come and talk about his good side, no joke.

On the other side, Trump isn't as bad as Putin, but most of the world don't like him. FIFA already said that the WC bid was in danger because him

can't they give it to us in good faith that's he's not going to be president by then though? it's not like the wall is actually gonna get built after 2018 midterms

>90 day
>moratorium

>US invoke RICO on FIFA
>perfectly fine
>anti-establishment candidate wins
>oh no no no
If you can't see what's going on then you have no idea how international event sellshopping works. And your view of Putin is just childish, Paco, there's alot more underlay to his strategy.

>most of the world don't like him
Most of the established worldwide media don't like him. It's fallicious to draw the conclusion from that that such feelings automatically extend to the majority of the global citizenry.

>yfw los beanereles wins and lacrosse will be back in the olympics

Yeah I love airport shootings

Why are Americans the only ones that know how to plan an accurate budget. Or maybe I should ask how Americans are able to get away with paying much less.

Literally whoever doesn't get 2024 will get 2028

We believe in this weird thing called oversight

>Puttin has actually a good media in yuroop

What the fuck are you talking about, man?

probably because in the US "muh budget" is always the main source of opposition grandstanding

Most of the Infrastructure is already in place. Plus sometimes Corporations donate to help construction cost

Was that chart adjusted for inflation?

No olympia 2024 since WW3 will gets between

>>Toronto, Canada

Thank god. I remembered when I actually wanted this shit in my city.

He probably reads some meme right-wing OR extreme lefti-wing European media, they are the only ones sucking Putin's cock over here.

Based Mitt ran the most efficient olympics of our time

LA or Rome

so La then...

>tfw Texas will never host the Olympic Games

>No problem giving the WC to Qatar, who fund terrorist activity, have a culture that enforces barbaric human rights violations, and are using slaves to build their stadiums
>Trump is a big meanie for trying to pass a 90 day ban on 7 nations who have no functioning government and Iran, so USA can't have a world cup 2 years after he leaves office.

>Give Olympics to China, which commits enormous amounts of human rights violations
>Give WC and Olympics to Russia, the #1 villain of the world in the eyes of the western media
>USA can't have 2024 Olympics because Trump wants to enforce already existing immigration laws

This whole "no Olympics and world cup because Trump is bad" talking point is just a scare tactic.

the US seems like the country in the world that would hate Trump the most, yet they elected him president. i dont think other countries give a shit about him desu. people have their own problems

LA would be a giant clusterfuck just because of traffic and shit infrastructure.

Would still like to see LA for the opening ceremony.

The caliphate of Paris deserves fucking nothing

I'm still sad Boston dropped their bid. Seeing all the tourists from around the world packed in to those fucking retarded streets would have been a sight to behold.

Stadiums would be empty when everyone gets lost in the North End

Fuck no

Give it to the US and you'll see no terrorist shit happen guaranteed

I thought Trump was banning all the terrorists

He is, in the United States, hence why there would be no terrorist shit happening in a US Olympics.

Unfortunately Trump can't do shit about Yurop. They need to save themselves.

>Banning terrorists eliminates terror crime
>Banning guns does not eliminate gun crime

Considering that 90+% of all terrorism is done by middle-eastern Muslims, banning them from entering the country should definitely decrease the risk of terrorism happening in the country.

Banning guns is useless because people can still walk into gun-free zones with guns extremely easily. The fact that there's an ocean between us and the vast majority of terrorists means that if we ban them from flying over here, it will be much harder for them to get here.

See: number of people wounded or killed by Islamic terrorist attacks in the United States compared to Europe since 2013.

I hope it's Paris. We don't need that headache.

Everywhere but in Paris is fine to me. I don't wanna deal with early shop closure so that we can't buy booze past a certain hour like last year at the euros

relax, just 2 fucking weeks in some years. you'll survive.

Considering the demographics of Paris he actually might not survive an Olympics there.

2 weeks of traffic and years paying off the taxes that go toward funding it.

Give it to Hungary desu

traffic being bad is a given, but 84 showed it could be alleviated for the duration. not to mention that telecommuting is easier to do now too.

and stuff being built sooner than they would otherwise (thinking the rail lines,) why would i be against that again?

i'm confident that the city can show everyone how to not outrageously overspend like russia and china, and most of the stuff is here, or will be built regardless.

I hope they use what is already there, as well. Based on recent decisions, I'm not optimistic. The IOC and FIFA both like to appease nations that haven't hosted before. They don't seem to want their events "centered" in certain nations, even if those nations already have a large infrastructure and venues capable of hosting. They want money to go around and money goes around to wherever the games are, especially big contract money to build the venues. You look at where these things have gone this decade (every World Cup since 2010 South Africa; 2014 Sochi, 2016 Rio, 2022 Beijing) and I don't have high hopes for the USA getting another major event like that anytime soon.

USA is boring and dull

Yeah, not confident they'll choose us, but not against getting it at all since I am confident in our ability of hosting it. Also, 24 is now just us v. Paris, so it won't be a new city, but one did host it more recently than the other. I think that's probably the deciding factor.

Rich coming from you ivan. I'll say I liked sochi all things considered tho, was very comfy watching it with Sup Forums

Yeah endless commieblocks are way less dull

Paris is a lock because muh 100th anniversary

Putin was cash before 2008.

almost like that's what those of us who live here wanted to avoid...

Putin is still cash to anyone paying the slightest attention to geopolitics.

Whether you want Russia to be poised in such positions is a completely different conern.

>Rochester, New York
kek

More fun than a minimum of 1 muslim terrorist attack?
I don't see how.

>Orlando Florida

Yeah fuck that.

Never France. Unless they elect Marine Le Pen

>implying the US will get it with trump

They'll chimp out over not letting in brown people.

>Considering that 90+% of all terrorism is done by middle-eastern Muslims
Globally perhaps, but in the western world 90% are born citizen that radicalize themselves on the internet.
Do you plan to ban the internet?

You said the same thing for the Euros and there were no terrorist attacks

There is no fucking way that Rio's final cost was only 20 billion.

Kek. Yeah, I missed it. Paris would be shit tier.

>already existing immigration laws stop middle easterners from coming into the country
No

Because it was probable. Now it is more true than ever.

Because instead of trying to be all spectacular and grand. They are resorting to crude methods like using Trucks and Cars or Knives. Since its more easier to do that by the numbers than kill numerous amount of people with one bomb that would take years of planning to carry out.

France is still a terror hotbed and it is not confined to Paris.

LA could be fun if Trump somehow manages to get a second term.
>implying he'll be able to, when all he's doing is arguing with the press

2010 was a lot of fun, work out and wear some Canada gear and girls will blindly want to fuck you

>that radicalize themselves on the internet.
more like in their own communities
www.politico.eu/article/brussels-mayor-all-our-mosques-are-controlled-by-salafists/

Lots of prebuilt infrastructure from pro sports, colleges, convention centers. Like, my city, Columbus, could right now hold 80% of the Olympics in existing venues, and its not even a huge city. The local convention center has multiple halls to hold martial arts and weightlifting and badminton and shit. There is a 20k seat pro hockey arena. A 20k seat pro soccer stadium. Then the local college OSU has a 100k main stadium, a 20k arena, a 10k seat arena, a 5k outdoor stadium, a diving and swimming center. Now imagine what a giant city like NYC, LA, Chicago would have, where they have more sports teams and more colleges. The only stuff thatd have to be built new is meme shit like BMX track and whitewater course.

I want Los Angeles just so I can say I went to the Olympics once in my life.

I hope it's going to be Budapest

How come nobody wants to host the Olympics anymore?