Anyone oldfags here married with kids? What's your take on it?

Anyone oldfags here married with kids? What's your take on it?

Any oldfags here without kids? Same question.

Contemplating getting a vasectomy.

Bump

That fucking pic lol.

29 but been lurking for 11 years.

Recently married. Planning to have kids within the year. I work 2 jobs. One full time construction, the other part time in my field of study. Money isn't bad at the moment, just working 60-70 hours per week is really tiring me out.

Don't disturb the slumber of the unborn. No reason to bring someone into this fucking thresher.

28, married 7 years, I have a 6 year old kid.
It's pretty rewarding and it feels good to have someone look up to you like you're a super hero who's never wrong.
But there is a couple catches, first is that it's tough as hell. Kids are frustrating and naturally push boundaries, they love it, it's part of social growth I guess. Another is that you (should) sacrifice alot, meaning your time, wealth and personal enjoyment is prettymuch out the window. If you can adapt to a conservative lifestyle, it's not that hard. It puts alot of stuff into perspective and gives clarity on what's important.
You have to have some moral fiber or your kid will emulate you and be a shitty kid, you have to be the bad guy alot and lay down the law so they understand what's okay and what's not. It will test your relationship too, if you're having trouble at home with tour partner, odds are a kid will make it worse and you don't want to drag a kid into a shitty relationship because it will most likely affect the kid in an adverse way.

TL;DR- it's alot of fucking work and stress but it's worth it when you see the kid grow and be like you

Feel free to throw some questions my way

18 with a 17 year old pregnant girlfriend. I have a great job and will move towards a permanent position in a couple of years. What are some basic steps I can take to prepare for the little one?

>be me
>37yo
>no kids
>10+ year relationship
>own two businesses
>starting on a third
>own two houses
>looking to buy a sail boat and land on an island
>how many people my age, with kids, have been able to do the same?
>not many
Kids are leeches that will eat your life. We don't need any more population. Birth control lets you fuck as much as you want without pregnancy. Why the fuck would you want kids? The only thing I could see doing is maybe getting a bunch of 20 year olds pregnant when I'm 80, then leaving all my shit to them. Spread the genes without wasting my time.

They wont carry your name, the memory of you, your teachings.

They arent even your kids

I'm married and have one daughter. After having lived with my life's difficulties and dealing with an alcoholic parent its nice to have this little bundle of pure happiness that loves you no matter how fat or ugly you are. You can feel absolutely worthless but you can put a smile on her face by reading Dr. Seuss and at that moment you stop caring that the world is falling apart. She's more important.

My wife is my best friend. She's been there through rough times and idk how she still puts up with my shit but I'm still crazy about her. I still love her.

Without my little family I would've attempted suicide. Chronic depression is a bitch. No meds because I have epilepsy but somehow I just keep pushing. Its my little girl's smile and the way my wife loves to be held at night.

Idk man. You just have to make your own decision but just make sure you get a girl that's worth dying for. If you wouldn't take a bullet for her then don't marry her.

32 with 2 kids first step to prepare is go buy a ton of shit build a fucking nursery when your checks all hormonal she's gonna fucking hate you it will pass..

29, and ill be hitting 30 in a few months here, been browsing here at least 10 years

no kids, not married, and no gf

and it is rather nice

100% this. 35 with a three and a two year old

45 been married, divorced now, ex-wife had a kid before I met her but the father was in jail so I was a full time step-dad.

Problem with becoming a step-dad is you both have to go into it with the exact same plan and intentions as to the level of commitment. We didn't so it didn't work out.

Next GF had 4 kids, again bio dad wasn't in the picture as he was an alchoholic who lived in a different country. We didn't work out as bitch cheated on me. I raised these kids as my own and to this day they still think of me as their dad.

What have I learned?

It doesn't matter if they have 1 kid, 4 kids or no kids, the important thing is to date a girl with big tits and a tight ass.

here
So the toughest lesson my wife and I had to learn is to be frugal. We didn't have the best saving habits, and kids aren't cheap. Nothing felt worse than when we were down To $100 in our account and our kid was sick and we had 2 weeks until payday. It scared the shit out of us and changed us and now we have plenty in savings and just bought our first home. This is where the sacrifice comes in, alot of the things you enjoy are going to have to take a long absence in your life. The upside is replacing it with family time together is fun when you put some thought into it.
But you said you had a solid job so I wouldn't worry so much about income but what you will need to keep in mind is balancing work and family. My job has me travel to foreign countries alot and it sucks alot of my time up. Luckily my wife is understanding and cuts me some slack but balance is important. You and your girlfriend are going to be everything important in this kids life until they're on their own and you gotta be there for them. Kids learn social skills early on from their parents and they depend on you for support even at a young age. If work stresses you out or you have a bad day, for the love of god don't let that work it's way into the family life. Your girl is going to depend on you too, women go through alot of emotions through labor and after birth and will need you to be there for them as much as the kid. It's a tough balance but understand that for a while, as a partner and a dad you're going to play a massive role and you're going to have to be strong for both of them. If you get into a fight over something, keep it away from the kid and brush it off, odds are it will be a petty fight anyways and not worth the extra stress.
Stock up on baby supplies, those aren't cheap, I attend a good church and they donated alot to us and it helped out alot, don't be ashamed to accept a handout because the cost piles up.
Cont...

Like the other user said, build a nursery, and be prepared to not have any sleep. Make sure your girl breastfeeds the baby.

And put a ring on it if she's a good girl. Don't let her have the "girlfriend" title while she's being a mom to your kid. make an honest woman out of her.

love them both, user. work hard for them. put in extra overtime for them.

if you do any drugs, smoke cigs, or excess drinking then that shit has to go. as a man You must lead by example. lead and your family will follow.

Having a kid is great. Best thing ever.

Getting married is frequently utter bullshit. Unless you are a fag who can't get married. Once they have your balls locked down you don't get laid, they treat you like shit, talk down to you, etc.

This is not every marriage but more often then not. Be prepared.

...continued
I could go on about this all night but I'll keep this one shorter, but please ask anymore questions you have- experienced parents were a huge help with us developing as parents ourselves.

Anyways to finish off what I was saying, interact with the kid as much as you can and TALK to them constantly. Talking helps massively with speech growth and alot of parents just don't talk to them enough and you can tell from a kid that is interacted with and spoken to. They can't understand what you're saying at first but young kids are quick learners. You'll see the difference and progress alot quicker when they hit the toddler phase and it helps them express emotions in different ways then just tantrums and crying.
Alright so there's alot more but it's broad as hell. Feel free to ask anymore questions

41 and had first child last December. Not easy. Have to get used to doing a lot of things that you’d rather not do, and you will worry like crazy that something bad could happen to them. But you will love them more than you could ever imagine.

37 yr old fag here 1 daughter 18. Kids are fun, can be trying though. Why not just do it and freeze sperm? That way you can make kids if you want later.

Her mother is a dead beat bitch who doesnt care for her, I know she wants to be a better person than her mother ever was. It is the same situation with my father. I met him for the first time when I was 8 and lived with him off and on until he kicked me out my freshman year of high school. I want to be better than he ever was to me. My girl and I have just passed our first year of being together, i couldnt wish for a better young lady. My mother and step father are very helpful in their guidance and support us 100%. My job requires me to travel across the state for 5 days at a time. She does have a problem with this seeing as she still lives with her mother and is very clingy but I know she will get around it. Thank you so much for your input.

It's worth it at times. When they young it's awesome. Have a lot of little ones. When they get older they are a mess but if you raise them right it's not a bad mess. Just normal teen shit. Without them life is boring as fuck.

Shit 100 for 2 weeks? Lol try living paycheck to paycheck paying loads of bills and only having about 40$ per week.

Kids are gone already. So nice...

I have a son that is almost 12. It sucks when they are babies but its great when they get older and you realize they are smarter than 90% of the population.
Tldr the first 4 years suck.
Gets fun though

> vergina
> VERGINA

Married 8 years, 3 kids. Despite what some autistic kiddos here say, having kids is great. Don't get me wrong, it really fucking sucks some times too, but for the majority of it so far, it's been good. 9, 7, and 2

43, divorced with three kids. I know I'd be so much happier if I hadn't married their cunt of a mother or had kids so young, but I love the little fuckers. I have a feeling they'll be bumming money off me well into their 30s, though.

..yeah, wow. i didnt notice that..

No problem, it's gonna be tough but it will be worth it, and hopefully your girl will realize what has to be done to do what's best for the family. I went through the same thing with my job but a good way to look at it is this: the time when you're away is a great time for mother and child to do some serious bonding and when you're home it makes it that much more special because the time you have free is dedicated to your family. Use them as a motivation and remember that family comes first and everything will work out for you.
Good luck friend, you sound like you can handle it, stay strong in adversity and be the best man you can be for your loved ones.

I wasn't looking for a pissing contest, get a better job, that's what I did.

26 here, never planning on having kids. What for? Why would you bring someone into this life who's eventually going to die? Just so they can experience life themselves? Gtfo

First 4 years are great. Pro tip: You just have to love your child.

So edgy. You just mad no sane woman would ever reproduce with your fat neckbeard self.

Nope. 42. At 17, I decided there was no way in hell I was going to subject my kids to a shitty, pointless life in this fucked up species. Every year, 365 days worth of new shit reinforces that decision. As my friends have all bred like flies and ruined their personal lives and the lives of their kids with divorces and misery and financial unpreparedness, they all say the same shit, that 1, they wish they made the decision I made and 2, don't I want sone kids of my own. Fuck no. Kids aren't playthings, they're people, and my friends lack of parenting is why I am glad my kids will not have to live in it. They're all alcoholics and their kids are fucking undisciplined psychos raised by the internet and vidya. As far as I can tell, this is generation-wide. All I look forward to is the Chinese using biological weapons to wipe the Americas clean of this shit culture of shit people.

Good, no one wants your genes anyways

Where can I see her vergina and butthole??

That's all on you user. If they bumming off of you even a day after they are out of uni, you are doing it so wrong.
I made it through uni without a single cent from my parents and I'm proud of it. Now my father has passed I always make sure my mom has enough in her bank account that it is going up not down each month. My sisters look after her physically so I'm there to provide the financials because I'm out of state.
You sound like a loser dad.

>being edgy
>larping
>projecting
You're on a Chinese Snapchat dedicated to bobble head cartoons, why bother posting?

>kids are leeches
>was himself a kid once

How many people like you exist boggles me.

no need to preach about having kids or not. Just be happy people are willing to fuck eachother to pop out a girl that would grow up to a woman and who is willing to suck your cock.

>36
>married 12 years
>2 year old son
>going to start trying for another soon
hands down he's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. whenever i start to dwell on one of my many fuckups from when i was younger i just remind myself that those missteps led to him, and i don't care about them anymore more.

>boo hoo you said mean things
Oh go pout, idgaf

You ne d to kys and make the world a better place for our kids. You sound like a psychopath.

>dont want kids
>at age 80 wants kids

pick one faggot.

OP asked. We answered.

You don't like the answer, it doesn't make us edgy, or anything else. it means you have a personal problem realizing there are people who lived a different life than you and don't think like you do. Grow the fuck up.

>i... I was just putting my point across in a different way!
>YOU NEED TO GROW UP, CALLING PEOPLE LARPERS HURTS MY FEE FEES

Teach what you preach, faggot, a grown up would've just not even bothered responding.
I guess we're both juvenile by your logic, huh?

I DONNOT LIKE THAT THING U SED user
GO DIE INNAFIYUR
JESUS SEZ HE LUVS US AN PPL R THE REASON FER THE WHOOOLE WIDE WHIRLED EXISTING

More fake shit, that's from an episode of American Dad, wasn't funny when they did it either.

No one wants to live and die this short life without having the joy of raising their own children.
Oh, unless they are beta virgins who have deluded themselves into believing they are okay with it. Perhaps psychopaths are also unable to enjoy kids because they are devoid of feeling.

If I cared enough anymore to lift another finger to do anything further to make the world a better place for your utterly fucked kids, it would be going back to school for virology to help invent those weapons.

But luckily, I don't need to, because tens of thousands of others smarter than I are already doing that.

All this shit you've all been under the impression has been and will be eternal, is coming to an end in the next couple generations.

Ooooh you got him user. Now they know that you're right and they're wrong, and they don't really have any opinions you disagree with. Well done maintaining your delusion.

im 45 no kids, been with partner 25 years.
travelled the world constantly, live very well
absolutely no regrets
dint like kids much, they never add anything to the conversation

>being this buttmad
>trying to have the last word
>sperging over the internet for no reason

At this point I just want to see what your next autistic reply is

lol
If you had any experience with adults you would know how commo the complete lack if desire to reproduce is.

irony, what is it lol

Married and have a 2 year old. Not sure what I was living for before. My life as purpose now.

You tell me?
I mean at this point were prettymuch at a stalemate, so what do you want to discuss now?

27, 2 kids, not legally married, but live with baby mama. Love my kids but can't stand her. She doesn't put out, cook, clean, etc. Then bitches at me for wanting to leave the house for an hour to go to the gym when I worked 60 plus hours this week.

>Luckily my wife is understanding and cuts me some slack
What do you mean by this?

37, gf but no kids.

we both don't want kids.

>>kids are leeches
>>was himself a kid once
>How many people like you exist boggles me.
I don't understand people who use this argument.

Yes I was a kid once. And yes I was awful for my parents. I don't want kids because kids are awful. No one ever elaborates on the retort of "but you were a kid once!" So? I also ate shit once, does that mean I'm not allowed to say it's disgusting?

>no need to preach about having kids or not

Are you aware

Like at all

In any way shape or form

What this fucking thread is about? You dense mongoloid

Are you out of your fucking mind? Humans are horrible primitively apes. The only reason to put your kids through a life in this world is because you're that primitive of an organism that you don't have the brainpower to do anything but just obey every base animal instinct you have. Might as well just go naked and shit where you stand. Breeders are the lowest rung of human development. When you've reached the pinnacle of development, that's where you've reached the end of the genetic line and either go gay or just opt out.

35, married w/two girls.
Every day my three year old tells me the most amazing stories about her simple life. No more pure joy than her.

Coach my older daughters softball, and soccer. Love it. Watching my daughter be excited that I'm around.

Don't be afraid. Nothing you are going through is new, just ask for advice. Preferably not from Sup Forums but hey, we still got you.

Got my vasectomy after the second. Don't do it until your very sure your done...

>EVERYONE FEELS THE SAME WAY I DO
>IF THEY DONT THEY ARE VIRGINS AND BETAS XDXDXD

>bored, pessimistic, depressed, degenerate
>unexpected kid
>boy
>marry girlfriend
>another boy
>every second of life now has meaning and purpose

I'm in my mid-30s and wish I had kids, even though it would make my life a huge pain in the ass

Now that you are mature to not fuck it up since you've learned from other's mistakes, aren't you supossed to make a great parent? Or do you feel "too old" for that?

I guess it was good I kept monitoring this thread in case anyone else had questions.
By that statement I meant my wife understands my job takes me far from home alot and it's not always convenient but that same job also pays the bills and allows us the ability to keep saving money and also allows us our livelyhood.
It's nice because my job is pretty stressful and my wife doesn't protest me having to travel so much because the sacrifice I make by working so much and having to be away from her and our kid. I have a really good wife who sees the big picture, unfortunately some of my co workers home lives struggle because their spouses want them home all the time and the distance is hard after a while.

32 with a wife. Neither of us want kids.

man, that pic is actually a really good hustle for dumb chicks.

Don't do that, your old sperm will produce a bad/ill baby. Father had me in his 50 and I'm disabled 'cause sperm age matters.

No kids, that's the way to be. Unless you seek purpose I guess. It's rather have money

>make an honest woman out of her.
is this really Sup Forums?

this is correct though

>43
>two kids, 15 and 12

It was fun at first. They were awesome as kids, but now they're toxic and they make every day of my life stressful. If I could do it over again, I would go without them.

Kids are fun for the first 10 or so years. After that it's a nightmare.

38, one relationship in 1997-1998 that I still think about sometimes. Walked away unscathed, no kids, with a very valuable lesson learned.

Never get married, never have kids. It's just wasted time and money, especially when you're in your 20s. You're infinitely better off just fucking-and-dumping. I slept around with no attachments in my 20s and early-30s until it got boring. Monk mode ever since.

No vasectomy, but I've been contemplating one.

I've been retired for 3 years and still make a lot through my investments.

No regrets, obviously.

I mean, Do you cheat at her while traveling and is she ok with that?

A bigger concern is what she's doing while he's away. You can never be 100% sure.

FUCKING CHECK'D

I was not trying to be edgy or disrespectful with my question. I'm genuinely curious if user cheats on his wife, if she knows and if she's ok with that.

Been lurking since about '05, I'm 30 now. Been married 4 years as of yesterday and have a 1 year old baby.

They get more fun and interesting the older they get. Just don't send them to public school. Even if you're an atheist, send them to Christian school to keep them from becoming degenerate normies.

Also, I wouldn't get the vasectomy until you're about 34. I always tell younger guys, wait until you're about 27 to seriously find your wife material, and she should be about 4 years younger than you. Knock her up when you're about 29-30 and she's just hitting 26. That gives her time to grow up and strikes while the oven is still hot in case you want more than one. By the time she hits 32 the baby making is done, which means if you have your last at 40 you have just enough time to get them all the fuck out of your house before retirement.

think this was an eminem song

>Anyone oldfags here married with kids? What's your take on it?

Don't do it.

/thread

No, honestly cheating really bothers me, we have a solid marriage and it's built completely around trust. It's a hard fact to swallow but not everyone in this world is an indecent person. I could try to explain how it's not that sort of relationship but I could see how people would object to it. Like I said before family comes first and I never want to lose mine or jeopardize breaking ours up and my wife is the same way. The time away from home isn't great but it makes us appreciate each other even more when are together and my pay allows us to live how we like to, in moderate comfort and decent wealth

No regrets? Obviously.
I mean who wouldn't want to enjoy life with someone else at your side. Being alone is so much better. Keep telling yourself that. You have managed it for all these years. The lie never ends.

Public school doesn't make children degenerate normies, uninvolved parents who want teachers to raise their children do.

Isn't that what every parent with a teenager feels like?

femanon, with kids. My advice is if you are going to have kids, make sure you do everything, all travel everything before having them. once you have them it's all over. they are yours for life, you are never going anywhere again.

This isI didn't get a chance to see your post before I replied, i totally understand your question.
It's not like that at all, I've been cheated on when I was 20 and it hurt really badly and the red flags were everywhere and ignored them and I don't ever want to inflict that kind of emotional pain on anyone that I felt.
I have some co workers that do that sort of thing and it's troubling and their home life isn't great and I don't want to be like that.
My wife is as honest as it gets, and she knows I don't stomach that kind of stuff and respects that. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world

Dude, I have a friend with a daughter in 7th grade. She got bullied in school (wears a hearing aid) and the next day the school called CPS against her because she didn't take her daughter to the county hospital for psychiatric treatment as soon as she got home.

This fucking world is not what it was when we were growing up.

32 yo, no kids, 14 years with the same girl. I hate kids and marriage is a scam.

Nice try. Same fag fagging.

>finding a woman that LEGIT doesn't want kids

u r 1 lucky cunt u kno that m8?

I pity you. Everyone who hates kids must have had a very terrible childhood. I'm hoping it wasn't rape. Just bad parenting, but statistics suggests most were raped. Sorry for your destroyed butthole user. With your mental state, it's better if you never have kids. Never ever have kids please.

>Contemplating getting a vasectomy
Are you white? If not, go for it.

I have a year and a half old son. Being a father is rewarding in every sense of the word. It's also great to see my own father holding his grandson. Best gift I could ever give the man; a blue eyed, healthy and intelligent boy to carry on the family name.

>Contemplating getting a vasectomy.
Do this

>We don't need any more population
We need ambitious and intelligent people to reproduce, lest we all get replaced by mongrel hordes that simply exist. You will leave this earth alone amd unfulfilled unless you have children. Otherwise all your work was for nothing.

I have a kid. I'm 30 Yo. Honestly, up until I was 27-28 I never wanted a kid, the idea to me was..disgusting? But I decided to just go for it with my wife... It's probably not for everyone, but seriously...nothing makes me happier then coming home and spending time with him, it's something you can't convince people who have no kids of. Sure there are some negatives like less time to yourself, some nights you get a crappy sleep. But everything else, is awesome. All i did before was fuck and play video games with my friends, I still do those things (with a bit less time) but now for the first time in my life I'm actually happy. Anyway, thats my take on it. He's 13 months old now btw.

My parents traveled a lot with me and my brother while growing up, why not travel with kids?

Not married, no kids, older than mid 30s.
Life’s good. No worries about anyone else’s bullshit, if I want to do something I do it.
All in all, probably wouldn’t change a thing.