Sup Forumsros I need help

Sup Forumsros I need help.

I've played guitar for a year now and still sound like shit. What am I doing wrong? Here is an attempt to sound good

vocaroo.com/i/s1D06Ez4Yjp9

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0VHRauVcBT0
vocaroo.com/i/s0KthRfChlD3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

try propranolol and thank me later

You should just stop. No point in trying

Your bridge sounds shitty. Or you're not pressing down hard enough.

Needs more cowbell

youre not in tune bro

bro thats a violin what you doin

So it actually is bad?

Not practicing enough I dunno

OP here. It's my friends shitty guitar

it's not that youre not practicing enough, but youre not practicing right. just chill out and noodle for a while. its supposed to be fun not stressful!

ever played with a metronome?

Your guitar isn't intonated and your action is probably super high. Take it to a good tech and get the neck adjusted and have it intonated, then your noodling will sound way better.

play chords instead of fucking taco guitar shit

do you have steel strings on a classical guitar

stop noodling

It's steel string and it's not mine. Also it's the intro riff from Brothers in Arms by Knopfler. But I guess it's bad enough you can't hear it

i like the mode/tonics but you're out of sync.

Stop trying to learn tabs and get a teacher.

This guy will solve all your problems

just haven't heard it before you aren't bad at all.

Listen to this guy. Have a pro get it all tuned and adjusted l. Preferably get a decent guitar, maybe a strat or something.

yeah keep playing scales every day, stick with it. You arent bad.

Even after playing for a year you'll still sound like shit

Lel

Sound like me after a year of playing
t. seven years a guitarist (albeit an unsuccessful one)

Just that OP doesn't actually sound shitty at all. It's a riff from Knopfler, if you knew guitars you'd know how skillful his music is

Ive never had to say this but, you need a metronome...

Why?

just keep playing i've been playing for almost 5 years and I'm pretty good

keep playing also electric guitars do wonders to your sound

drugs and years of playing. mostly the years of playing

It's not too bad, just keep practicing. I just played for an hour. You have to freestyle ask friends how to play things and practice chords and hammer-ons and learn some basic scales and basically play all the time, but it helps if you like the guitar. My friend just dropped off a low-action. mini-acoustic and it is easier than most I've tried to play. The bottom 3 strings are nylon so it makes it easier on the fingers and you can bend the strings to get some cool sounds.

Knopfler is in a class by himself, he puts about 16 notes into the space most would put 3, and the way he goes off-timing and loops it all back together to form a lick is one-of-a-kind.

You think OP made a good job? Since you know Knopfler

OP

Noone is ever good at 1 year, no matter who they are. Everyone posting here has crititicism, and some of it is constructive.But honestly? Just keep playing dude. Just keep playing, and keep recording yoursellf, and listening to yourself. Find youre own flaws>

Take lessons in a genre you dont REALLY want to play. Why? Because it will force you to learn technique, and not feeling. My guess is you already have feeling, you need to work on technique. Find a jazz teacher, a classic rock guy, whatever. Find someone, and take lessons because it will force you to do "homework" and start really looking at the fret board.

Good luck. honestyl, for 1 year you dont sound like shit. Post a clip of you playing a series of chords, and I bet you will, and thats ok. Seriously, just leanrt he shit you dont want to. Youre clip tells me you are opposed to learning chords.Learn some fuckin chords.

Get lessons bro, you got this.

>What am I doing wrong?
Thinking that playing guitar for just one year is enough to sound good
The best you can hope for is for you to sound decent, without practicing 8 hours a day that is
At least you have the self awareness to know that you don't sound good, so keep practicing till you do, none of this shit "played guitar for a year"

you need to make it into a hobby. i grew skills in music making when it became an activity on par with vidya and funposting. just take your time, stop judging yourself so much and try to have fun either with simple shit that anyone can play or with fooling around along the neck of your guitar and exploring sound on the whole.

13 yr guitarist here. My tenure doesn't really matter, but from what I can tell, the slides sound real smooth, and the single notes are quite rigid.

Practice quickly moving from the C chord to the G chord, and back again. Make whatever rhythm you want, make it sound nice to you, but don't think about switching, just do it. It might sound rigid at first, but you'll figure it out with practice how to kind of flow with it.

Same thing with single notes, to an extent.

They sound rigid, plucked with thought, not with spirit.

I can tell you're thinking about the notes, which is totally great and all, but you'd sound way better with more practice. It gives you confidence to know what you're playing, and confidence comes out in the sound.

Hope this helps

as an added example, check your sound sample for an example of what I just suggested... seconds 15-18.

>Needs Moar Guitar Fluid

hey op, made this for you, enjoy, maybe lol

vocaroo.com/i/s0VHRauVcBT0

Get the guitar grimoire scales version. Get a metronome. Get to fucking work

dubs of truth

kek
is it bad that i recognize him

listen to music you want to play and play every day that's what i did

I've been playing guitar for 7 years.
What I did to learn what i know is by learning from my dad, the internet, and by sitting by myself for hours at a time each day.

Playing guitar on and off for a year doesn't matter. It depends mostly on if you're serious about becoming better.

You could play guitar for your whole life only picking it up as a hobby that you entertain from time to time. But someone else could play for half their life and be better due to the fact that they were serious and dedicated a lot of that time towards their improvement.

Things like Sup Forums. Games, browsing the internet, or watching TV could prove to be a detriment to your potential. Replacing things like that more often will expand your creative knowledge.

cuban witwix?

Been playing for a year and a half now
Just record yourself playing everyday, and if you don't cringe at your work from months before you're not getting better

this
OP if you really want to get better YOU have to sit down and put in the time and try and focus on what you need to do to become better, and to work at it.

pls, op i made this and want ur opinion :#

That's a parlor guitar not a classical

First off you need to decide what type of guitar you want to play first, classical, jazz, rock, folk, etc. Stop playing your buddies parlor guitar! It's for fingerstyle and not a beginner. You need to learn chords first, then scales. Lessons help a lot. If you want to play classical, you need a teacher and years of training. Play a little every day, on your own instrument. Lots of good guitars cheap on EBay. Start with an acoustic. Stay off Craigslist, 'cause you don't know what you are buying and will get ripped off. I've been playing a long time and learning still every day. Taylor 510, Martin D-18, Martin D-28, Taylor 355, Goldtop Les Paul, Custom shop Strat.

>stop fucking noodling
>take 2 or 3 months of lessons
>practice at least half an hour a day

it's all fine a good learning songs you want to play, but if you want to get better you need to devote some time to actually learning technique too. i taught myself for many years, but only really took off when i started taking lessons.

If I had to guess without subjecting my ears to what I already know isn't good, you need to practice your bar chords and scales. An ok grasp of those two concepts can get you a good distance playing guitar, just don't expect to be the next Van Halen without playing for years

Metronome. Start learning songs that you like. Make sure you challenge yourself because that's when you'll get hooked. 1 year in always sounds like shit.

That's probably a classical, not a steel string. Nylon string guitars tend to feel like they have a lower action because the strings feel less tense. The top three strings are probably nylon bound in silver.

I got that feeling too. Notes feel too rigid, not enough sliding and hammer-ons, etc.

I have the opposite problem.

You cant learn technique by learning songs?

Surely If you learn increasingly more difficult songs, you're gonna have to implement those techniques used in order to be able to play those songs properly?

at least you haven't been playing for 10 years and still sound like shit like me

vocaroo.com/i/s0KthRfChlD3

What song is that? Sounds good

not OP but are you saying fingerstyle isn't for beginners?
that aside my main problem with playing the guitar would be remembering songs. i can't do shit without tabs nearby

nothing else matters, retard version. i just played it one time, idk how you actually play it

Id stick to bobbin your nobbin

ive been playing for 10 years and i sound like shit lol. I never got formal training and taught myself using tabs online. first 3-5 years i practiced 3+ hours a day everyday. I was ok, but far from lead guitarist material. It made me lose faith in myself not being able to solo, so i gave up and barely practiced for years. id say my current level is intermediate at best after recently having picked it up again. I cant remember how to play any of the old stuff i used to though, and struggle like crazy with most songs that are more complicated than just basic chords.

my point is, without formal training, you can never progress unless you just have a natural gift for it. just pay the money for a teacher

so much this.
when i was in high school, one of my friends had gotten a guitar. coincidentally, i got one for my birthday at around the same time. he'd go for formal training twice a week or something, while I taught myself using tabs almost daily.
two years later, he's the best guitarist in school and i'm still below intermediate.
moral of the story = get formal training or don't bother at all