Is the media turning against Taylor Swift?

Honest question. Most of the articles I've seen about her new release are about how it's very petty, how she's an attention whore, playing the victim, etc.
But I'm afraid I'm in an echo chamber and the mainstream opinion is different.

What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OXor30_XZMY
youtube.com/watch?v=BHmVqMISPLw
youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>drop a diss track on kanye's mother's passing anniversary
she deserves it

Daily reminder that Reputation is being released on the 10th anniversary of Kanye's mother's death, and despite her label saying it was a mere coincidence, they still haven't changed the date.

Is everyone that dumb to not have noticed that she has essentially at this point embraced becoming the villain? Did the track with a much darker/colder atmosphere than anything else she has done not point it out? Or the music video to that track which even has the lyrics point it out?

Grimesfagging has never been this bad

>Most of the articles I've seen about her new release are about how it's very petty, how she's an attention whore, playing the victim, etc.

This has literally been the public's perception of her for at least 5 years now.

Seriously, there's fucking hundreds of swidt threads.
Oh my god just shut the fuck up and stick to one or two threads, christ.

I tried shitposting in them because I thought it'd be fun but I got banned so...
I guess I'll have to filter some more words.

fuck you

Everyone is comparing her to Beyonce now and talking shit and making a ton of white girl jokes. It's the it thing to do. Also Swift has never outwardly identified herself as feminist I believe, and the vocal media can't fucking stand that a female wouldn't do that. I'm not a Swift really, the only positive attribute to me is she has a cute face and an alright body, but her music is still gonna sell in record numbers whether it's worthy of it or not.

It's not like Kanye's a saint. He's a dick, and if he can dish out he should take it.

how is he a dick?

The public has always thought of Taylor Swift as a person who dates guys specifically for the sole purpose of breaking up with them and writing songs about it. It's about time the media caught up with the populace in dogpiling her.

>how it's very petty, how she's an attention whore, playing the victim, etc.
for what? im out of the loop here

shes been one of the few silent pop stars not anti-trump. ofc they're going to lynch her

JUST

the song is selling massively well so it doesn't really matter what the media think

He didn't diss her to begin with, she said the lines in famous was tongue in cheek herself. It was recorded, and she denied she was ever phoned and knew about it. She clearly lied, and then it became about the word bitch. Which is weird considering she would be fine with Kanye saying she owes him sex, but bitch is just way too far. Regardless she lied.

We know, and it is a bad direction to go. It won't work in her favor.

I think it is because she claims to be this feminist warrior but hasn't said a word about BLM, condemning white supremacy and all that american bullshit.

If she had spoken against white supremacy her new track would have been reviewed as "strong" and "brave". Though I have to admit that it is kind of weird she hasn't spoken against those kinds of things.

"I Don't like your tilted stage"

LOOOOL

I reckon they'll lobotimise her like they did with Kanye

WAAAHHHHH IM A BIG ASS MONEY HUNGRY CRY BABY
SNAKE SNAKE SNAKE! HISSSSSSSS
IF I DISS YOU I WONT SAY IT DIRECTLY BECAUSE IM A PUSSY

Stealing Taylor's microphone, supporting Trump and Cosby, releasing The Life of Pablo, praising Tyga for fucking an underage girl, being an idiot on Twitter about water bottles, mental breakdown, bleaching his hair.

I don't care about media but it's always nice to see Kanyefags' meltdown on RYM

Taylor v Kanye beef is as "authentic" as Red vs Blue politics

the Taylor/Katy beef is funnier too.

At least this is harmless shit in the end. I'd rather have people fight about this than more race wars bullshit

Agreed

people are dicks for voicing their opinion on water bottles....wew lad, you need to go back

Is she trying to look like that 80s rock dude in this picture?

Why do people care about bad pop music like Kanye and Swift, and their contrived publicity shit?

Why do people care about them caring about bad pop music like Kanye and Swift, and their contrived publicity shit?

I'm curious

Who gives a shit?!

Woah, so this is the power of schizophrenia...

Is this intentional?

Why does this matter? Someone has died on literally every day of the year

ahahahha holy shit

that's solely because of taylor selling out to target's distribution schedule. they're giving her another big deluxe rollout.....they're being presented as the main place to get the physical CD, which her rabid fans want.

>Stealing Taylor's microphone
Who gives a shit she still didn't deserve the award regardless
>supporting Trump and Cosby
Cosby didnt do anything I believe and he supported trump I think during his nervous breakdown
>releasing The Life of Pablo
>praising Tyga for fucking an underage girl
Everyone wanted and still wants to fuck kylie, he also did it within the confines of the law
>being an idiot on Twitter about water bottles
Who gives a shit
>mental breakdown, bleaching his hair.
This doesnt make him or anyone a dick

At least Swift was aware not to fall for the socially-conscious-aesthetic-switcharoo like Katy JUST Perry

>Who gives a shit she still didn't deserve the award regardless
>um it's okay to ruin a 19 year old girl's best moment in life because she didn't deserve it

The absolute state of Kanyefags

Someone has died on every day of the year. What's the big deal?

>Stealing Taylor's microphone
Kanye stands up for what he believes in
>supporting Trump
He didn't vote

>I'm sorry Taylor can't come to the phone right now
>She's dead

Was that really necessary?

>Kanye stands up for what he believes in
so do nazis, doesn't mean they're right

>literally ignored everything else to focus on one moment that Taylor most likely never thinks about
I'm pretty sure Taylor has had a Grammy by then too

Shes white. What do you think is eventually going to happen to her in the music industry if she isnt singing country music?

>denounces whatever
>it is now expected she will denounce every god damn event til the end of time
it is not worth her time or effort. it's really god damn obvious. also politicising yourself is a fucking fast way to lose fans

Kanye and Taylor can't really be compared music wise. Taylor will always be a pop artist who isn't really taken seriously; Kanye has had a huge influence on his genre and is taken pretty seriously as an artist, personal craziness aside

>someone is a dick for having their own political opinions
God you're a bitch

>it is not worth her time or effort. it's really god damn obvious. also politicising yourself is a fucking fast way to lose fans

I agree. Take for example Neil Young recording an album as obnoxious as "Living With War" and then playing its songs live.

>Kanye and Taylor can't really be compared music wise
They both make generic pop music. They are the McDonalds of music. Their whole schtick is more about celebrity and bullshit than it is about the music, neither have any sense of artistry

Lyl my dad said people said same about the Rolling Stones back in the day.

>wtf these guys are overrated they sound like a fucking bar band it's not about the music, just money and this cult of celebrity

>the absolute state of kanyefags

>so do nazis
antifa pls go. it's past your bed time.

I don't really consider myself a kanyefag, I'm just telling it like it is. I don't think you'll find a professional music critic who disagrees with me

fuck off back to Sup Forums

I'm going to go ahead and diagnose you as mentally retarded.

Very true.

go back go pol faggot. communism in the us now

Was it Billy Joel who said "I don't do politics at my concerts because I don't think most people pay money to be preached to."

You had your time, pinko. We da president now.

Remeber new kids for all board do /example/ for them do not show them disrespect by not using the right format. Thx rawr xd :D habe a great afternoon fag

Billy Joel sucks

They're turning on her? Well, I'll have to have a little chat with them soon.

He had some ok songs.

Am professional music critic.

You're right in that Kanye has had a huge influence in his genre, but it's also hiphop. Hiphop isn't that hard to be an influence in, especially if you're good and willing to take risks and experiment with sound.

Look at how Death Grips has been perceived, look at Clipping. Another upcoming rapper, JPEGMAFIA, is showing this too.

Pop is sorta a supergenre. It's hard to experiment and influence without being in another genre. Pop might absorb something experimental from hiphop or even alternative rock, but it rarely influences its own sounds. Much the influence to modern pop we can trace back to the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Taylor may not be a huge influence in Pop, but the popular sound as a whole is shifting in the direction her new release has displayed.

I said noise would be the future of music in the 80s, I still hold on to this prediction. Industrial was just the beginning and Taylor's new song will prove that come Sept. 16th when the Billboard-100 is released. People as a whole will be more accepting of harsher, darker, and more aggressive sounds.

>hip-hop
>death grips

t. larping musca critic

No she hasn-t. She's making herself out to be the "edgy and cool" hero. God I wish she made herself the villain ala MBDTF. But nope instead we got this generic shit that has no self awareness.

I just saw the music video and I sort of take back what I said.

There is no bad publicity. Tay slays and controls the narrative. She is supposed to be portrayed that way now, going all "bad girl" and all that shit. Unlike the usual industry slave doing it by accident, it's all perfectly planned. Did you ignore all the snake shit? She's simply embracing it now.

Oh noes, a multimillionaire is getting bantz back from another multimillionaire. How will Kanye even handle the stress and pain? Maybe he could make an album bitching about Taylor!

Lol was just about to roast you for clearly not having watched the video
I don't even like pop music/pop culture in general, and so far this has been entertaining af.

ITT

Rest in peace Taylor Swift's career

The bitch stabbed way too many people in the back.

Everybody hates her.

She didnt though, there are plenty of people who can sing and play acoustic guitar. She is only famous because shes a cute girl and was in biz with the right people.

she doesnst backstab her self because she cant see her back
this has nothing to with race polcucks
she is backstabing as fuck

the only one backstabbed was her by that dipshit Kanye. He never told her about the "I made that bitch famous" line. And Katy Perry also backstabbed her, she had an affair with Tay's then boyfriend. Katy literally cucked Tay.

the one thing pop has not done is absorb some of the more harsher electronic, metal, and punk subgenres. Like industrial, grindcore, death metal. Stuff like that.
I dont really see it shifting in the future because now more than ever the jews running the music world seem risk adverse
But it would truly be an innovative and weired thing if you made like power violence pop

I think this would be innovative and create some novel music and sceanes.

Taylor swift fucking sucks at music and is a better business person though.

>But it would truly be an innovative and weired thing if you made like power violence pop
So basically whatever it is Grimes is currently working on cooking up next? (these are her two most recent releases):
youtube.com/watch?v=OXor30_XZMY
youtube.com/watch?v=BHmVqMISPLw

Does anyone have any leaked information about her new stuff? would be pretty much appreciated. Also, i hope someone leaks out her shit real quick

You either die a hero...

it's called a heel turn, and yes

YES! THE 80s R BACK

youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

My girlfriend and I just had a whole conversation/debate about T Shift because of this thread. Thanks a lot asshole.

>Rest in peace Taylor Swift's career
Nobody knew anything about Pepe or who Ben Garrison was, that's why Sup Forumstards were able to kidnap, slander and wreck them. That won't work with Taylor Swift anymore than it would work if they tried it with Micky Mouse.

>Rest in peace Taylor Swift's career
Nobody knew anything about Pepe or who Ben Garrison was, that's why Sup Forumstards were able to kidnap, slander and wreck them. That tactic won't work with Taylor Swift any more than it would work if they tried it on Micky Mouse.

nice humblebrag

Jesus christ Raimi

(((They))) are asking her to disavow Sup Forums.

Reality is becoming a cartoon.

Back to /leftypol/ with you!

>projecting this hard

>it's another "pol shitposters turn the normies against something they want to keep in their secret club" episode

meant for

Honestly, this. There is an odd Electroclash element to the latest track. It definitely has a darker and noiser edge to it compared to the current singles from her contemporaries. It's honestly interesting regardless if ya think the songwriting is poor or not. I'm not even a fan of her music, but I have to admit at least this.

She was born into wealth so she got life on ez mode. Her father was the 3rd generation of a line of huge bankers. Her wealth from a young age bought her fame and got her signed easily. So I wouldn't be surprised if she was playin the victim..

Hi, reddit.

Absolute keks. Those people just made my day.
This is like a Kpop fanbase discussion.