ITT: Vinyl setups

ITT: Vinyl setups
Post your vinyl setups and rate others.

I know mine isn't the best there is but it's all I've got, and I'm satisfied with it.

>Lou Reed
>Berlin
Patrish

Don't put your speakers next to your turntable, also put the pre-amp off of the speaker

Ive got 3 other lou albums and 5 velvet albums, they got me into writing and playing music. I have all the VU albums + live at max's Kansas city. As for lou reed Ive got the live American poet concert, rock n roll animal, and new sensations.

I know I've still gotta work out a final setup. I just want to wait til I have a better turn table to do so.

This. Get a longer tv stand. Your cord management is horrible.

I'll work on it, I need a new tv first. I want to put my turn table on one tv stand and get a flat screen tv I can hang up. And then hang my speakers up on a floating shelf also.

So here's the thing, I don't know much about turntables at all. I got this whole set as a gift which of course was bought second hand. If I were to upgrade and buy a new one, say for example a Rega RP or Audiotechnica, I'm assuming I would have to buy all the other stuff too, and that is where I'm lost, because I don't even know what a pre-amp or whatever is. Do you guys think this is an OK setup?

It looks like a decent setup, you wouldn't have to buy any new things if you replaced just the turn table. So if you don't like the turn table go ahead and replace it.

Bump

you have a lot of semi-decent hardware there, but you will want to replace the turntable on top. I suggest an audio technica at lp 60, or 120. the 60 is cheaper but still really good, and the 120 is good enough to be the only turntable youll ever need.

the pre-amp, and amp, are just the the things you plug into your turntable and speakers, its basically the controls/filter. you dont need to replace what you have.

You will want to place your speakers on the floor, because if they vibrate the desk with the turntable it will also vibrate your turntable needle over your record causing slow longterm damage. hope this helped.

What if you have no room to seperate them

the best thing you can do is keep your turntable on a sturdy surface that wont be susceptible to being shook by the woofer in your speakers. but if you absolutely cant put your speakers on the ground or on a different surface you could turn down the bass from the amplifier, or dont play your records too loud.

bump

version 1

revsion 1

revision 2

Speakers are spread around the room

I had a very low budget

current setup

Should probably rate others as well

I don't have much to add except put your records in a more stable place like a shelf

Looks nice

That's a lot of guitars

My mom had that computer

Get a bookshelf to hide those wires, my frem

love this one

pretty amp, pretty guitar in the back, pretty album. you should really not play it through a guitar amp, it wasn't designed to reproduce a full frequency range, so you'll be cutting on your records' quality

Current setup. About half of my vinyl collection in this shot. If anyone cares I can list off what the components are.

wish i had money to blown on vinyl desu

is that pro ject working well for you?

The turntable is a Music Hall MMF-5, basically a pro-ject as it's made by the same company. It's been rock solid, it's 10 yrs old and runs as good as the day I bought it. Took me a while to get my setup to this point, probably have about $2k in it not including the vinyl.

Thinking of getting the Debut Esprit, but the translucent clear platter looks really shit imo on the black model in the press pics. Does it look better irl or should I get the white model?

Can't keep any of the stuff in my room since my mom complains it will look too "cluttered". Shame really. Forced to keep everything in the garage where it's just left to gather dust.

Comfy. Especially that crate under the TV.

Kinda looks like an all-in-one system, which if it is, I'd just buy the individual things rather than having all of them connected to the same things. If it's separate, then just replacing the turntable would be enough. You'd probably want something from the late 80's/early 90's to match the look of everything else.

very nice, I like

also looks very nice

If you think it looks shitty in the press pics, then I'd say just go for the white one. That way for sure it would match better.

nice i have an old technics and was thinking of upgrading. everyone recommending pro ject, but somehow they seem to simple to be good.

Forgot the pic

Check out Music Hall as well.

What all do you have there? I'm curious what 2 grand gets you.

Music Hall MMF-5 turntable
Dual 1019 Automatic Turntable
NAD-PP1 phono preamp
Adcom GTP-500 Preamp
Adcom GFA-545 ii amp
Audiosource EQ-100
Harmon/Kardon CD player
Athena AS-F2 speakers
Infinity BU-2 powered sub

Nice

what turntable is that?

i personally like the red one the best, but i really dont like the clear pad at all.

this was my exact same temp setup when i moved into a dorm. i think i watched a youtube video on a cheap setup and it was that same lepai mixer like 15 bucks on amazon and the 100 dollar at turntable. it worked for the time being but now i have a marantz belt drive and yamaha reciever

My old setup, moved in at my girls place a few months ago, so I don't have a setup atm.

not big on coloured furnishings in my home, so I'd rather get the b or w model

also in keeping with the spirit of the thread here is my existing setup. something to keep in mind when I upgrade, how it'll integrate aesthetically with what I have currently (sans existing turntable of course).

it's pretty cramped and i dont have a proper speaker set-up– i simply move them when I'm listening at the moment, right speaker is out of the view here– but am hoping to fix that when I move out. it's tiny and very messy at the moment unfortunately but i simply dont have room for bigger shelves to put everything on, I have a doorway less than a metre to the left of the picture.

do white turntables go yellow in time?

You have the exact same setup as I do. I came to it on my own, though, and my turntable is the blue one.

Yes those are records sitting on top of the speakers.

there's a few things wrong with this, get a separate shelf for your speakers or put them on the floor

No can do. Besides, the dresser is sturdy and I don't play my records loud anyway.

is it bad form to leave a turntable on the platter when you aren't playing it? with the dust cover down of course

nice dude

>Zootopia
My negroe

this picture looks like it's straight out of 10 years ago

I like the beach boys

what's ur setup

It's pretty simple, audiotechnica, lp60 I think, with Bluetooth, and a couple of Creative speakers with säa subwoofer on the floor

Borrowing this thread. I have no experience whatsoever with vinyl, but I want to get a relatively cheap turntable that's of a decent to good quality to digitize some music only available on vinyl records. I've been looking at the Pyle Pro PLTTB3U (pic related) and the Numark TTUSB. Are they any good? Any recommendations?

Bump

Probably the best setups ITT.

It disappoints me so little of this board is audiophiles.

>It disappoints me so little of this board is audiophiles.
Because they're on Sup Forums

v nice

Trying to make the most of limited space.

My vinyl system
Rega rp1 pp with ortofon 2m red cart
Pioneer 22LR speakers
Yamaha AX330 amp
Dbox 300 sub
Next upgrade is to an NAD or Cambridge amp

>get a flat screen tv
why would you do that? that tv looks retro as fuck, how does it work though? if it's broke i get it but fat tvs are superior in terms of energy consumption

Well, I did a bunch of research and went with the AT-LP120 instead. Twice the cost, but should be at least 10 times better than what I considered buying.

Bump

>meme42 speakers

>crt

>2017

impressive

Works fine for me user, until I can afford a better setup

I know user, I'm trying to get a flatscreen that I can just mount onto the wall

nice. what desk is that? is that just 2 ikea pieces?

Some sort of Quartz-drive P-mount 80's Technics. I've got a similar direct drive model and it sounds more than good enough through my setup, which is a fairly powerful 80's Onkyo receiver running through a pair of 80's RadioShack Optimus Mach Two's.

Two LP60
Gemini BPM 150 Mixer
Klipsch Sub
Sony Speakers

Bump

My setup. The other half of my speakers are on the other side of the cabinet.

Old pic. Added an Alesis USB Tapelink deck last week.

>Bells whiskey
fucking hell why

AT-LP120
Polyvox PR-2200S receiver
Gradiente Master 100 speakers

this is pretty slick user.

My cat has inhabited the space below my turntable

i LOVE that vertigo poster
I always thought they had a really cool logo

>marantz
mah nigga
I have a marantz receiver but don't have a matching record player

got it at an airport with the last few pounds i had when i was visiting scotland. Its 5 years old and i still havent opened it. is it that bad?

I have those exact same speakers

Marlux MX960 with ortofon concorde pro
Marantz 2215BL
Technics 3 way speakers

The whole setup would could something like 350€
Using it since 15 years, serviced the amp a few time
Listening to FM Stereo is simply a fantastic thing to do in your living room
Very few of my friends have comparable system

I know where this trains go.
Recently moved to GF place too, moving my setup was first thing I've done.

closer pic

My vinyl setup is spread across a room, so I just took a photo of these two record cubes. Turntable (not pictured) is pro-ject debut carbon and the receiver is a pioneer sx-770. The whole setup looks nicer late at night

Tidy up

Your phone's shitty camera saved you from doxing yourself. Don't leave mail on the table when taking photos for Sup Forums

I would like to get the speakers off the carpet but I don't really have anywhere to put them.

And here's my record collection to go along with it.

Not a huge record collection yet.

thats pretty cozy :)
you REALLY wanna keep your records upright though, if theyre stacked on top of each other their prone to warping

please store those records upright :(

Fixed. Sony turntable with new cartridge, Yamaha receiver, altec lansing speakers. Bit of a mongrel setup but it's excellent value at about $180 USD

Oops.

My current setup. I still have to add a few things.

heh forgot to attach the image

>All those 45's

do you scratch with those? also what keyboard?

Yamaha Cr400 receiver
Yamaha p700 turntable with some mediocre audio technical cartridge
Philips 5171 cassette deck
Realistic minimus 77 speakers
Akg q701 headphones
Is that a technics Sa-200?