/rug/ - Return of the Pro12 edition

The most prestigious and coveted title in club rugby is back. Get hype!

>Friday
Scarlets v Edinburgh
Dragons v Ulster

>Saturday
Zebre v Munster
Leinster v Cardiff
Glasgow v Connacht
Treviso v Ospreys

In other NH competitions
>Premiership
Northampton v Leicester
Saracens v Bath

>Top 14
Racing v Clermont
Pau v La Rochelle

Next week will have the Champions Cup quarter-finals, so these games will be an interesting form guide to see how well clubs can reintegrate their players after the Six Nations.

Also Super Rugby. There's probably some games on in that or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/wayne-smith/super-rugby-teams-pay-price-for-overzealous-expansion/news-story/4cee3ec6dd14beab2aef269fa88b9260
sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-tv-fan-viewership-plummets-20160704
nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11713051
telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/04/05/twickenham-to-host-first-ever-rugby-championship-test-match/
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/88117844/Charles-Piutau-is-still-the-king-of-the-ones-that-got-away
theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/27/england-twickenham-cash-australia-new-zealand
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/85014912/Springboks-legend-Victor-Matfield-bemoans-state-of-South-African-rugby
globaltimes.cn/content/1012370.shtml
theroar.com.au/2017/03/21/time-pull-heads-sand-admit-australian-rugby-dying/
youtube.com/watch?v=BaqFpWyg-Mg
news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/8563075.stm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>99:55

*picks jamie roberts*

>lydiate
Dude is done

*cuddles you*

Am I the only one who rates him? I always thought Warburton should have been dropped.

/rug/ - super rugby edition

Friday 24th of March
7:35pm - Crusaders v Force
9:45pm - Rebels v Waratahs

Saturday 25th of March
7:35pm - Blues v Bulls
9:45pm - Brumbies v Highlanders
11:55pm - Sunwolves v Stormers

Sunday the 26th of March
2:05am - Kings v Lions
4:15am - Cheetahs v Sharks
10:40am - Jaguares v Reds

Byes - Hurricanes and Chiefs

*becomes GOAT*

I'd pick Ringrose or Henshaw ahead of Joseph Tbh.

yup. Said it before but ALB is looking in great form especially on defense and Crotty is probably at 12. Best defensive partnership for the All Blacks in a long time

Its one thing to cut apart some drunk scotsmen but another entirely to pick apart the All Blacks. Joseph would get frustrated and become anonymous

Why is Connacht so cute and adorable?

they have the worst fans in ireland

I bet you work for the IRFU you fuck

>"super" rugby

>tfw the Irish are acting cheeky in these threads, but we would have disappeared completely until the Lions tour if England had won because we are such fairweather shits

> self aware Irishman

>soup or rugby

>a comp for club teams that can beat "tier 1" "nations"
>not super

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>implying we didn't know what would happen all along
Aside from underestimating the Scots, this was pretty good.

>that time nz lost to munster and llanelli

Reminder that the Welsh National Rugby Union Team traveled to NZ and got absolutely spanked by the Gallagher Chiefs who had more than half their players missing.

Further reminder that after this embarrassing loss the British and Irish Lions tried to back pedal on their contract which has them playing weakened New Zealand Super Rugby teams mid week. They then entered damage control a year before a game was meant to be played saying they players will be over worked and be unable to perform at their usual strength during the tour.

Northern Hemisphere rugby literally shakes in their boots at the idea of playing Club rugby teams, and us Kiwis know a lot about shaking.

>wales
>tier 1
By the way, just so people know, this is the Welsh team Chiefs are so proud of beating.

>Matthew Morgan, Eli Walker, Tyler Morgan, Scott Williams, Tom James, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Tomas Francis, Jake Ball, Luke Charteris (c), Josh Turnbull, Sam Warburton, James King

>capping your own post

sad cunt

>Reminder that the Welsh National Rugby Union Team traveled to NZ and got absolutely spanked by the Gallagher Chiefs who had more than half their players missing.

>Further reminder that after this embarrassing loss the British and Irish Lions tried to back pedal on their contract which has them playing weakened New Zealand Super Rugby teams mid week. They then entered damage control a year before a game was meant to be played saying they players will be over worked and be unable to perform at their usual strength during the tour.

>Northern Hemisphere rugby literally shakes in their boots at the idea of playing weakened Club rugby teams, and us Kiwis know a lot about shaking.

>that fucking backline

Reminder that Super Rugby is falling apart with idiotic restructuring
theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/wayne-smith/super-rugby-teams-pay-price-for-overzealous-expansion/news-story/4cee3ec6dd14beab2aef269fa88b9260

Reminder that its viewership and therefore sponsorships are plummeting
sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-tv-fan-viewership-plummets-20160704

Reminder that SANZAAAAR are desperately trying to figure out how to get Americans into the sport so they can squeeze shekels from an already sport-saturated market
nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11713051

Reminder that the Tri Nations + Argentina is struggling to generate interest and has to move games to Twickenham
telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/04/05/twickenham-to-host-first-ever-rugby-championship-test-match/

Reminder that more New Zealanders are moving to Europe in their prime than ever before
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/88117844/Charles-Piutau-is-still-the-king-of-the-ones-that-got-away

Reminder that NZRU are so desperate for money that they're charging other unions extortionate prices to play against them, which they will soon refuse to pay
theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/27/england-twickenham-cash-australia-new-zealand

Reminder that rugby has all but fallen apart in South Africa
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/85014912/Springboks-legend-Victor-Matfield-bemoans-state-of-South-African-rugby

Reminder Australia are not far behind
globaltimes.cn/content/1012370.shtml

Reminder that 10-15 years from now NZRU will be bankrupt and all New Zealand starters will be European-based

The Chiefs team was all literal "who's" bar an over the hill first five

Praying for injuries to Retallick, Whitelock, Read and Coles

Only way I can see us winning. Who even replaces Read at 8? Squires not that good

You need to update a fair bit of this lad
Especially the super rugby link in particular. There have been a lot of developments in that area lately.

>Read
Going to go to his house and hit him with a bat lad? He is on sabbatical and not playing until the lions

Some decent individuals there but I don't think any of them even played together.

Steven "if my arms a swingin' don't come a ringin'" Luatua.

theroar.com.au/2017/03/21/time-pull-heads-sand-admit-australian-rugby-dying/

>expecting me to pay attention to super rugby news

Lots of up and comers like Webber, Lowe and Seu

> He is on sabbatical and not playing until the lions

oh right fuck. there goes that plan

Luatua we can handle. Read and the others we cant. Those forwards have an insane ability to link with the backs but we just dont have the players to do it

not liking this uk guy with a strong interest in nz Tbh, double agent

Either they were cocky that they could just walk over the Chiefs with literally anyone, or they had practiced together.

Also the Chiefs side had 2 or 3 more players missing from their usual game day squad than Wales did (iirc that squad was ~50% of the side that was playing NZ) so that's not really an excuse unless you are saying a hodge-podge team of random kiwis can beat the second string of a tier 1 nation.

Well yeah, obviously if your the one putting together that post. You kind of have to if you want anyone to take it even slightly seriously

Leinster's Brave Séamus Lú?

been here for years lad. bloody newfags

That team also included Munster's brave Rís Ní Mhearsealla

>"He (Barnes) told us we were not dominant enough," Maestri told reporters. "Anglo-Saxon referees always talk about fair play but the reality is that they think we're cheats

>ETERNAL ANGLO'd

>trusting a frog
>EVER

Dan lydiate
>Dan Leidiot
Man I are such a funneh guy.

OK I just did one whole autism
There were 9 players that played vs the Chiefs that did not also play the all blacks. And that is from the 23 man side to play the Chiefs, so 14 players of the 23 were Wales regulars to play NZ.
Chiefs soon (tm)

Leinster rugby.
That is all.

They'd also only played NZ 3 days beforehand

What do you think of this guy Rohan Janse van Rensburg?
I am hyped.

youtube.com/watch?v=BaqFpWyg-Mg

Should have been blooded last year and I'm glad he'll develop with the Lions. Serfontein was looking quite the prospect too but the Bulls are shit at developing backs so he's been stagnant.

They are cheats.
>1 (one) camera angle for the alleged bite incident
>at stade de france

A lot of rugby comentators eem pretty obsessed with players' weights.

tbf serfontein has been injured for what seems like forever
>rensburg is the same age as me
it hurts

So? That's has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm dispelling the myth here
These Welsh players had not only trained and played together but the majority were seen as the best picks to play NZ.

Chiefs autism is done. 10 regular first picks out of the 23 man squad.
Any team cohesion excuses for the Welsh are 100% not valid as they apply even more so to the Chiefs. Anything about the strength of the sides is a point for the Chiefs domination of the Welsh being even more impressive.

absolutely seething

>74808753
>rensburg is the same age as me
lucky you
George North is only 9 months older than me and he has 68 int caps. christ.

oh god. embarassing

As am I desu. part autism, part suppressed homo-erotic feelings.

If they'd found anything there'd have been a citation, I'm not denying he was potentially bitten but the citing commissioner reviews all the footage, don't they?

The TMO also would have had access to all available footage at the time and the broadcaster hardly anticipated there'd be a bite at that exact moment.

Scotland

is gay

kek

KEK

K E K

I think he is implying they deleted the footage

So what exactly went wrong vs england?
Genuinely curious, not trying to rile ya.

hyped for zero aussie teams beating other teams this week.

Waratahs make me want to kill myself desu

desu I have no clue
We made considerably more mistakes than usual, like Andy Robinson era tier number and we just looked at little too shaky at the back.
But saying that, we did score 3, nearly 4 trys against England at Twickenham

>tfw you get an emailing telling you to buy AB v Lions tickets
>tfw you have been trying to get them since they first let you try buy them
>tfw the game you could go to only has single seats so you can't go with your mates

Fuck these ticket cunts, all I want is to go to a game with my mates and you stop me even though there is enough seats for us all you sit us separately. Fuck you and your bullshit allocation system

>Andy Robinson era tier
You know, I don't think Scotland drew with England this year. They were actually beaten quite badly if I recall correctly.

Maybe you mean something else by Andy Robinson era tier. It seems like without a BSE coach to guide the way, you can't even manage a draw. Next year when you lose to England and they aren't able to say they've beaten you for 10 years in a row, be sure to give thanks to Andy Robinson.
news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/8563075.stm

piss off you english twat

its a Lions test mate everyone theres gonna be based as fuck and you can still meet your mates before and after the match for heavy drinking

Cheapest tickets are always by themselves so I always go with mates and we split up for the match. You dont do much talking in the match anyways.

>in 2009, england beat scotland by 12 points
>robinson takes over and gets a draw, a 4 point defeat and a 7 point defeat in his six nations games against england
>also loses by just 4 points in the world cup pool
>literally within a score of england in every game
>the year that he leaves, scotland are beaten by 20 points
>because he's english, scots shit on him anyway and compare a 40 point defeat favorably to his tenure
Just how eternally asshurt towards the English are you?

>cheapest tickets
I don't care about the price lad, all of want is to go to the rugby with my mates.

The point is
>applied for group tickets at that stage
>Didn't get any
>now they have released single seats
>so there is enough seats for me and my mates (you can buy up to 10 single seats)
>but for some retarded reason they wouldn't give another group or 12 their allocation and shuffle groups slightly to fit them in

It is possible that they could have let us site together but have made it so we can't. Fuck them. They are too retarded to sort this shit out they don't deserve my money.
If I had missed out on group allocation and there was no sale of massive amounts of seats I would be fine 2bh.

Previous games that I applied for I either got the tickets or I didn't. If I didn't they never emailed me rubbing it in saying hey come buy those tickets you wanted all spread out and not together.

I think that's what's ticked me off, it feels like they are rubbing it in "you wanted 6 tickets seated together? We ignored that and are offering you 6 tickets seperatly"
Fuck them.

A

All I'm saying that not physically sitting together in the stadium is not that big a deal. Its a Lions tour whoever you meet will be really cool. Get some based old guy, a group of middle class men completely off their tits or if you're really lucky a couple of qts

Its not like going to a football match here where you're sat next to someone who's homeless, retarded, angry or all of the above.

Scotland won a grand total of 3 games under Robinson in the six nations
Since he's left they have won 8
You basically cherry picked the games where Scotland try harder just to piss off the English

I honestly would rather sit on a couch with my mates and watch it than sit seperatly. We can't take the piss out of each other and joke around at the English lads team loosing if we are 50 seats apart.
If it was an AB v AUS game or really any game other than AB v Lions or England I would probably just go single seats.

also slipped down to 12th in the rankings
also lost to fucking tonga

Wasn't massively robinsons fault desu, playing staff weren't great. the talent vs then and now is like night and day

>win 3 games in 3 years with robinson
>win 8 games in 5 years without him
Oh my, just who can stop this Scottish juggernaut?! And you accuse me of picking favourable data...

The only fair comparison is the three years directly after Robinson left, because the players he had were DOGSHIT. The quality of player that's now coming through Glasgow wasn't there. In the three years after he left, they won *drumroll*... 3 games.

Now who's cherrypicking data.

Both of us apparently
and my mistake, under Robinson Scotland only manged 2 wins ://
Most people also seem to forget that just a few months after the defeat against Tonga and Robinson's resignation, Scotland finished 3rd in the six nations

Wigan

down right horrendous post lad

Down forward strong punch post lad.

>just a few months after the defeat against Tonga and Robinson's resignation, Scotland finished 3rd in the worst six nations in living memory
ftfy

Two most hyped games this year will be
> Chiefs v Lions in the SR grand Final
>Chiefs v BIL Lions on tour

False.

It will be 2 NZ teams in the final this year, which teams depends on what the NZ conference ranking ends up being. Other regions are in such decline that it's fairly likely.

The first AB v Lions game will be far. more hyped than the Chiefs v Lions game.

landers vs canes rematch book it

Wrong way round
Canes home final

Hello friends

Hey lad

fuck Ireland
SR thread:

Luatua is the best pick but he's leaving so Hansen will probably use no loyalty card on him while still selecting Cruden and TKB. Hansen is a hypocrite, predictable and a fucking casual when it comes to selection.
Players who can cover 8 are;
Luatua
Messam
Taufua
Shields
Squire

Doesn't matter Read won't be injured and will be playing (first game, no doyd plz). Plus we have other loosies that can fill 8 if really needed like best Savea for example.

Fuck sake, what's with the hard on for your mates?

t. Nigel no mates

Ardie Savea should be playing 8 or 6. He's no openside.

Boooo

Squire and best Savea >>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else on that list including Luatua

*reports thread*

I rate Shields but do agree

>Being this anal about a thread

Your mum got pretty anal last night 2bh