Good evening Sup Forumsellectuals, in this thread you can ask an Icelander anything...

Good evening Sup Forumsellectuals, in this thread you can ask an Icelander anything. Something about me/iceland in general that you'd like to know? Having some issues yourself? Lets make this interesting. I'll probably be more and more drunk as the evening goes on, that may or may nor effect the quality of the answers.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Asexuality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How famous or well known are people like Bjork or Þórarinn B. Þorláksson. Are these kinds of people taught in your books in school

can I move

do I have a chance with Icelandic qts

do I have a chance finding a job, I have a BA in linguistics

is it cold

how are you

>I'll probably be more and more drunk as the evening goes on
same

what you drinking senpai

Is it common for people to drunkenly venture to the northern parts of your country and freeze to death?

How much cultural overlapping is there between you and other scandis?

Do you like iceland And is it really as comfy as the pictures on the Internet service make it look?

What do you do for fun?

P.s I love iceland and most all the stuff that come out of it.

Is Iceland really icy?

Everyone here knows who Björk is of course, but people are a lot more laid back about famous people here than in other places. An Icelander wouldn't be starstruck or anything. Famous Icelanders don't lose their indviduality here I'd say, which I really like.

Þórarinn B. Þorláksson I didn't know about, an Icelander studying art would probably know about him though I'd guess. We do learn about the most known poets and such in school though.

1. maybe :3
2. dunno, are you a charming qt yourself?
3. Not sure really if there's much request for people in those fields, can't hurt trying though. If you were looking into a teaching job you'd have to know to speak Icelandic too I'm pretty sure.
4. It's been pretty shit for the past few months, but it's getting warmer. It was bretty good today, I was able to be outside in a sweater
5. I'm alright thank you :) hope you're fine too

finally, an interesting version of one of these threads.
my mind is kind of blown sometimes by how low of a population you have. Is accidental cousinfucking really a large problem there? I once read that there's a smartphone app there where you can check with women whether you're related or not, but I assumed it was mostly a joke.

Also what immigrant groups are present there? I know there's a thousand or so Poles.

is it true that you don't have any trees, fauna or flora there except rocks, sheep and geysers?

What's your views on Mediterranean/latin culture?

Do you like America? If not, why?

How do you live there when everybody knows you?

Do you feel country is too small?

Is it hard to find a gf or friends?

literally some lie made by tabloid

yes

Really?

iirc they let America station troops there once on the condition that they didn't send any black soldiers and the US government agreed. Partially unrelated but still amusing.

Einstök White Ale, sennilega uppáhaldið hjá mér. En þú, eru menn að fá sér?

1. Nah not really, not as much anymore. This does remind me of something though!
A few years back I was at a grillparty with my family and relatives in a barn. A bit later in the night, me and few of the others that were my age went to the nearest village since there was some event, the band Sálin hans Jóns míns where playing. Anyway I wasn't having it so I thought "Aight I'll just walk back to my grandmothers place, it's only 10km". Not exactly the brightest idea, but then again I'm not the brightest, especially when drunk. I'm walking along the road looking over the wast land and walkinh toward the mountain that my granny lives close too. I did have thoughts about lying in the grass for just a little bit, to rest. I actually managed to walk for quite a long distance befor my uncle and his wife found me, dispite being abolutely pissdrunk. But yeah I easily could have died as it was quite chilly.

2. I've only been to Denmark so I can't really tell honestly, I do think we definitely share likeness with our brothers across the sea though!

3. I love it here and never want to leave, definitely want to drop dead here. And I don't know, to those who are not used to the quiet stillness and desolateness of it it probably is, like if you've lived in a big American city where everything and everyone is moving so fast. It's probably a bit overhyped though, at least in my opinion.

4. Post on Sup Forums since I'm so socially inept :^)
Nah but driving and car related stuff, and travelling. And vidya

Thanks I love you too

Nah not overly m8

why do you hate trees? waht is wrong with you?

Do Icelanders like Norwegians or do they only pretend to like us when we visit?

>How do you live there when everybody knows you?
not everybody knows you, everything is just connected like my new friend is the son of the sister of my mothers best friend
also that girl that was murdered in jan went to school with my friend

Low class American and African blacks are the worst

>Einstök White Ale
drullaru pening eða?
slots classic og saku claassic með nokkrum bóndasopum

btw had no idea when I met him
he's the cool friend that's 5 years older than you and buys you alcohol

where deos björk keep the dragons?

When are you coming home?

>Studying English and Danish (or another Scandinavian language) is mandatory for students in compulsory schools[3] and also part of many secondary-level study programmes, so knowledge of the two languages is widespread.

It does make sense though, up until the 40's/50's live here was fucking hard, and Iceland is a fucking hostile place to life. And a big chunk of the population died during the aftermath of an volcanic eruption a few hundred years ago which definitely didn't help.
And nah that's just a meme, the app is to look up our ancestry. Mean sure, it does happen that some people fuck and then they meet at a family reunion.
Also:
>tfw I'm the descendant of Thorstein the red, king of Scotland
I wuz kangz, give me my clay back
More than a thousand Poles. But yeah I think it's mostly people from eastern europe. Many of the guys I work with are Poles.

Trees are banned in Iceland.

Really don't have much of an opinion desu, you guys are alright I guess, but maybe that's just my ignorance speaking

I like it, it's seems kinda crazy though from what I read and see. I definitely want to visit though, have any recommendations?

I like you, please be my friend hann skeinir sér ekki með þúsundköllum

>Mean sure, it does happen that some people fuck and then they meet at a family reunion.
here people meet at a family reunion and then fuck

What is the difference between Iceland and Greenland?

Why are trees banned?

Invasive species paragraph. Trees compete for the same resources as moss and lichen. And lichen is food for most species on Iceland including humans

how does moss and lichen taste? do you cook it or what?

Guð minn góður, aldrei breytast Noregur

Feeling depressed? Does everything look grey and the only way to get some light in your life is to down a few bottles of alcohol? Like living in a country with a big stupid chunk of ice on it? Greenland is your place.

Iceland is not as depressing, and less ice. We do have the biggest desert in europe though!

I'm not allowed to talk about it.

just eat it raw to preserve the vitamins. i suggest it

Oh one thing, since there are brits here. I'll be going to the UK for a couple weeks sometime around August/September, what do you recommend checking out? I want to look at castles, and Dartmoor sounds seems beautiful and eerie to visit. I don't really feel like staying in London the entire time, except to maybe try out some bars. And even then I think I'd rather want to go to a bar outside the big city.

>112 cases per 100 people, ayyy

wtf

gay thread desu

also reminder that we're fucking full

Are you very big and strong? Do you use a sauna often?

in the top left corner there is a very scary crab. yikes

and a scary looking unicorn in the middle

segðu þetta við andlitið á mér en ekki á veraldarvefnum og sjáðu hvað það hefur í för með sér heimalningur góður.

lol nope, but I dunno I guess I'm decently strong for my height and weight. And no, what am I a Finn?

>pabbi hans á fyrirtæki og hann keyrir land cruiser

...hvernig vissirðu

Pabbi minn á reyndar ekki fyrirtæki en ég á hinsvegar (30 ára gamlann) land cruiser
Bretty good m8

En samt, ég held ég myndi hreinlega sleppa því að drekka ef valið stæði á milli þess að fá mér slots eða saku, þvílikur viðbjóður

>sleppa því að drekka ef valið stæði á milli þess að fá mér slots eða saku, þvílikur viðbjóður
hljómar eins og kjelling gamli ég er drekk allt meira seigja dry bóndasopa

er þetta 60 cruiser?

Heh, I hardly call that "knowledge". Most of it seeps out right after you've finished your mandatory quota, though it does make it easier for most to pick up on Danish/Norwegian/Swedish if they really have to later in life. It's a relic of a different time, and should be swapped out for a choice of any of the Nordic languages instead. Hell, kids that can show some solid ties to Norway or Sweden have been able to swap the Danish out for them for a long time now.

Ef við erum að tala um ókeypis bjór þá myndi ég drekka hann, en ég myndi aldrei sjálfviljugur kaupa kippu af þessu til þess að sötra heima ef ég get fengið mér eitthvað betra.

Og jebb 60 týpan, alveg með betri bílum sem ég hef átt. Ekkert vesen á þessu, og mótorarnir í þeim eru svo gott sem ódrepandi.

I plan on going to Iceland next summer through a science programs but I need donations in order to fund it online. How do I become big in the Icelandic community and jew in on them in order for them to like me enough to fund my science trip? Also, what's the asexual community like over there?

>Ef við erum að tala um ókeypis bjór þá myndi ég drekka hann, en ég myndi aldrei sjálfviljugur kaupa kippu af þessu til þess að sötra heima ef ég get fengið mér eitthvað betra.
allir bjurar eru góðir hélaðir

er hann 4l dísel?

>asexual community
lmao waht

Ég get verið sammála þér þar.

Passar, frábærir mótorar. Hefði ekki keypt hann ef hann hefði ekki þann mótor. Þyrfti samt að ná mér í partabíl með heillegra boddý þar sem ýmsir boddýpartar eru í frekar sorglegu ástandi.

>How do I become big in the Icelandic community and jew in on them in order for them to like me enough to fund my science trip?

Either be totally frank about your intentions and hope you impress the right people, or make up some outlandish bullshit that will get funding from people you wouldn't really want to associate with.

>what's the asexual community like over there?

Isolated.

What does your government intend to do with the migrants chained up in Keflavik?

What does the populace intend to do about the rampant feminist problem in downtown Reykjavik (101 is pretty cancerous tbqh famalam)?

Why is Kopavogur so shitty?

How many North American liberal arts students have you fucked?

What is your drug of choice?

allir 60 krúserar eru til sölu á rugl verði sá einn ný uppgerðan til sölu á 3,5

btw alveg möölvaðuir

Someone who does not feel sexual attraction
lmgtfy.com/?q=Asexuality

Have you ever published a book?
Have you ever been in a band?

Why does Iceland have such a high amount of productive artists?

That's a cool idea. Any idea on how to get big online with Icelanders befpre asking for donations? I've already got quite a few Norwegian followers on Instagram even though I only have like 100 followers, but got any advice?
>isolated
How Isolated?

1. Hopefully they'll send them in some sort of camps where they can work their problems out :^)

2. No one who isn't braindead takes the downtown city rats seriously, it's just dumb twentysomething girls who know nothing about the world

3. Well it's better than Breiðholt, but yeah still pretty shit. I dunno man, what's your main issue with it?

4. None :(

5. Alcohol has been my drug of choice for the past few years

>What does your government intend to do with the migrants chained up in Keflavik?
gas I hope
>What does the populace intend to do about the rampant feminist problem in downtown Reykjavik (101 is pretty cancerous tbqh famalam)?
stayed in 101 las week and agree famalam
>Why is Kopavogur so shitty?
the capital area is shitty
>How many North American liberal arts students have you fucked?
french kissed one last summe
>What is your drug of choice?
coke

i know that but like waht asaxeuaL COMunnity lmaOA

Já þetta er geðveiki, og þetta gildir í raun um allar þessar gömlu toyotur, hiluxinn, 4runner osfrv. En Cruiserinn er að fara á töluvert meira hef ég tekið eftir, enda í klassa yfir hinum.

Þessi bíll sem þú talar um er alveg örugglega túrbóbíll og breyttur ekki satt? bara það að þetta sé turbo hækkar verðið um nokkra hundraðþúsundkalla
Það að minn sé original og non-turbo er mjög sennilega ástæðan fyrir því að ég náði honum á eins lágu verði að ég gerði.

Goodshit, er búinn með sirka þrjá bjóra sjálfur. Ekki alveg mölvaður en maður er að vinna í því :^)

Dunno? Make a fool of yourself on youtube/vimeo or something and Kickstarter/Patreon/Karolina Fund? Also pester your Norwegian friends for additional dosh?

>How Isolated?
Tend to keep to the country/less populated towns and areas and just keep to themselves and nature.

No and no. Cause there's not much else there to do I suppse, except for drinking and shitposting online.

I am interested in writing and would like to puplish something sometime

do you believe in elves?

Ég á 90 mdl af hilux 33" breyttur borgaði 420þ non turbo

Er bókin "Sjálfstætt fólk" góð?

No, but I would totally fuck one.

"yes"

já drengur

OP you sound like a douche, making us look bad.

gamlii fáðu þér nokkra kalda

Cute country m8.
Rarely hear about it except volcanos, apps for checking ancestry, renewable energy and the like.

What is your internet like (speed/cost)?
And what are your taxes like?

Ekki svo slæmt, ég borgaði aðeins minna fyrir cruiserinn minn. Þetta dót endist og endist þannig við munum fá kostnaðinn til baka

Same.

;_; Hvað meinarðu, mér finnst ég ekki hljóma eins og kunta

How does the average Icelander feel about the ongoing polonization of your insular society?

Is the Noodle Station still operational?

Have you had your knob rubbed in a bathroom stall at Austur?

What is it about Akureyri that makes it so much comfier than the capital region?

Bonus question: Will you torch Prikkid, Vinyl and Kex for a hefty sum? Special price for you only, my friend.

Are your chins really THAT thin?

>endist og endist
hehehe4h

er að vinna í því að skipta um mótor

Not OP but I guess I'll join in

I pay about $80 per month for my internet connection, no data limit, see pic.

Income tax is 40% but most people get some discount on that.

Is actavis popular in Iceland? What kind of soda do you mix it with?

It's hard to get any job? I am heard that living in Iceland is boring it true?

nah famm
last time I saw somebody drinking lean it was parkodin forte ground into fanta exotic

>74814894
hahah úps. Svona er þetta, hefði ekkert á móti því að ná mér í túrbómótor og beinskiptann kassa í minn ef ég hefði aðstöðu til þess að vesenast í þessu.

I'm working with a lot of poles so it can't be too hard. And nah living here is fine I feel, but I guess it varies on the person.

NO

Polish people are fine imo, haven't had any problems with them.

Noodle station is still open, though I'm not a fan, prefer my noodles chinese or japanese style, not thai.

I have not

because Akureyri is smaller? nicer scenery? I dunno I've only been once years ago.

yes very boring, don't come you'll die of terminal boredom

>900
>900
>2ms
FUGG

Plenty of jobs to be had, but Icelanders are picky, most of us won't do just anything, so immigrants take most of the menial jobs.

It is kinda boring, but also safe, so there's that.

>ef ég hefði aðstöðu til þess að vesenast í þessu.
ég er að bara að gera þetta í innkeyrslunni hjá mömmu og pabbi

How hard is Icelandic compared to other Nordic languages? I know it's a lot closer to Old Norse than any other (except Faorese I guess?).

Asking because it sounds absolutely beautiful, Icelandic tourists are a pleasure everytime just cause you get to hear them talk with each other.

Iceland : Green and black
Greenland : White and brown

>How does the average Icelander feel about the ongoing polonization of your insular society?
Ain't so bad. Most come, work and go, the ones who stay are usually bros. Though they can be quite the hoarding cunts at the cafeteria if you've ever had the displeasure of having to share one with them.

>Is the Noodle Station still operational?
Last time I checked (half a year ago), though I don't get why it's so popular.

>Have you had your knob rubbed in a bathroom stall at Austur?
Nah, have you? Do tell.

>What is it about Akureyri that makes it so much comfier than the capital region?
Better climate with a clearer line between summer and winter, less populous and way better organized infrastructure.
Reykjavík and surrounding area should only really cover about 1/3 of the land it does, there's no rhyme or reason really to its urban design making it way more dreadful to get from point a to point b than it should be.

>Will you torch Prikkid, Vinyl and Kex for a hefty sum?
I'm not living in Reykjavík at the moment, but maybe if I pull a few strings...

>finn fyrir áfenginu hhverfa
Þetta kalla á lummu og saku

I've heard about people mixing kodimagnyl with alcohol to get black out drunk on a budget, cough syrup in soda sounds like some next level shit.

It's not so hard to get some basic Icelandic skills compared to other languages, however most people who learn Icelandic as adults never master it due to some weird and complex grammar.

>>Have you had your knob rubbed in a bathroom stall at Austur?
m8 he's tslking about the video of a girl getting fucked there
it's aron cans sister

I don't think it's that much harder. It's just that you have more study material and people to practice on available to you if you go for the other Nordic languages. Also, Faroese is a bit more tainted by Danish, though not to the point that we can't almost understand one another without knowing each other languages.

have you two icelander met up and fought yet?

boy vanilla extract will in light beer will get you fucked

If you already know another nordic language like Norwegian for example, it'll be a huge help. Icelandic is a lot more isolated and therefore it has managed to be relatively unchanged, but I don't think it's as hard as people make it out to be, it's just sort of a meme. The grammar will probably be the biggest fucking pain for a foreigner to learn
Invite me over and I'll speak Icelandic to you all the time :3