Underrated films thread

Underrated films thread.

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_(2010_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA
google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwidzOXI9vDWAhWME5oKHfo3CiEQtwIITjAF&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GiLxkDK8sI&usg=AOvVaw3YWQhJJUJISPnYY3_cJ12t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_(2010_film)

It was okay

Yeah, the script petered out about halfway in, becoming rather tedious.

Waterworld staring Kevin Cosner

>>Very, very creepy.

Waterworld is like Blade Runner for me. They built an interesting world and populated it with a few interesting people but the story they chose to tell was fucking boooooring.

>pic kinda related, Pulp Fiction
Now its not "underrated" per se, but it isnt watched enough.
It gets all its praises, but its sort of that movie most people shove to the side for "later" cause of its good ratings but never actually commit time to it. I know, cause i was one of said people. Once j finally decided to watch it, it was fantastic. I have a borring story to go with it, but if you havent watched this movie yet, give it a try.
Its a, what i would call, a "neo-noir-esque comedy", told by the one and only Quentin Tarantino.

Tl;dr not underrated, more of under-watched; watch it if you havent, you faggots

ARQ

The plot twist in this one came a way too close to the ending, no time for the viewer to combine it with the storyline so far and be able to understand the message behind it when the credits begin.
But yes, it was not a bad movie, after all. I've seen worse centered around the same issues

Disagree, first time watching this - blew my mind.

So fresh compared to equivalent releases!

Great film!

the fuck are you talking about?

you must be like 14. everyone used to watch this movie all the time when it came out.

Stop projecting your own attitude generally onto the world. That's Trump shit.

turns out he's just one of countless clones of the original person. he discovers the secret at the end.

are you fuckin kidding? This movie is studied in schools, it's on tv every year, it's been referenced fuckin everywhere for more than 20 years

If anything, it's slightly overrated and overwatched

>I'm retarded millennial and I have no fuckin clue how much this movie has been watched and referenced since it came out 'cause I wasn't even born when it came out

go back to Sup Forums and stay there

Don't be mistaken, this is not an A-movie. But it is unjustly forgotten.

You think I'm a thief? Oh, you see, I'm not the thief. I'm not the one charging 85 cents for a *stinking* soda! You're the thief. I'm just standing up for my rights as a consumer.

Niggers nigging... fuck those greasy uneducated filth. Niggers make nothing good. Ever.

why is McCauley Caulkin in his lap?

Seconded. One of the most widely underrated movies.

I agree. A lot of amazing classic films get dismissed nowadays just because they're not from this era, and people can't get out of their comfort zone for a couple hours to enjoy a masterpiece of cinema.

K

Thanks for the proof you shit skinned nigger bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Fuckin A

The movie sucked ass. Typical hollywood script, nothing special but the graphics.

Thats a lie. The whites allowed that thought so the niggers have one thing to claim. The monkeys even buy this and have pride that a peanut smooshed and touched bread. Thats about all they are capable of

Best.movie.ever.made

Now that we're seeing how bad Alien movies can be, this one's starting to look good.

/thread

Not as good as the 1st two, but the extended version of Alien 3 is so much better than the shorter/original cut

Can confirm. This movie is a gem

i've been putitng off watching it, what would you give it out of 10

That was terrible.

I like it. Everyone I've talked to about it didn't.
Only real faults I have with it:
The green screening was very obvious in some spots.
The scene were Ripley is about to be raped and the guy about to do the deed put his goggles on. I thought that was just unnecessarily bizarre.

The Double

Call me a faggot, all the way you want. I can't comprehend the hate this movie got. It's not the best, but I remember having a laugh or two.

It had so much scope and could have been so good.
Instead it had lame flat characters. sub par plot, and bullshit ending.

Seeking a friend for the end of the world.

A solid 9.

The fuck are you talking about? This is Pocahontas remake.

> Oh this super rare metal, that we don't even BOTHER to tell you why its useful
> We call it, really-fucking-hard-to-get-inum.
> No wait, its un-obtain-ium.
This movie was shit. Some mexican pilot flys in all face marked and a painted ship... WHEN the fuck did she have time to do a custom paint job on her ship?
Not only that, WHY didn't the cripple guy just fucking EXPLAIN to the blue Indians that the humans wanted their rock shit, i mean, that was his SOLE job to do, instead he spends all his time trying to fuck a blue chick, and sticking his hair dick in weird and exotic space animals.

This movie was shit on story.

Scarier than most because it is based on real phenomena.

>Don't fuck wif Benny ze Kop!

I always wanted so smash the blond detective (not pictured )right in ze pussy.

man. don't take the bait. you get cancer if you make yourself angry over such weak baits.

2nd. It was pretty. That's it.

There was a distinct lack of blue nipples.

This movie is best movie

Great movie. Really good acting from jackman and Gyllenhaal

Should I watch this tonight.
I'm intrigued by all the good actors and the fact I've never even heard of it?
I've googled it and everyone says it's terrible but will the fact so many people hate it actually make it good?

>cat related

That's not underrated movie at all. it's a good movie and has great rating on imdb.

It was not the best movie of my life by any means. But it definitely was not as bad as the critiques and ratings say. I don't regret watching it.

Moon is awesome, if you like mindfuck genre watch Coherence and Triangle

Watch this baked

It is underrated? It's Mel Brooks

Must see for any SciFi fan.

This is well thought of but still not as well known or appreciated as it should be

filmed in Georgetown, SC.
very familiar with coastal area.

Safe basically left me disturbed

BUHLEEEV FAM

Think I'm gonna give it try then, cheers bud.
The other film from this thread I've never heard of and am thinking of watching is.
>Seeking a friend for the end of the world.
Just reading reviews on it now and whilst they're not as bad as Movie 43 they're still pretty terrible. But again this just makes me intrigued.

I liked this one.

Dredd was ace

That film sucked, was uncomfortable to watch and was overly predictable. Wasn't very conclusive either

I just liked the premise of it. It's obviously not realistic but I enjoyed it a lot.

Chungking express... didnt know about it until tarantino praised it. Great hongkong cinema, stunning visuals

yeah, this was pretty cool. i don't even know how i found it.

+1 for The Guard, great movie

This movie is starting to becoming overrated now

100% i agree sir

this was utter garbage, please get this cancer out of an "underrated" thread

This pile of shit Dances with wolves remake was shoved down everyone's throat for like 2 years it's not under rated it's over rated

Probably the most under rated most hated film of all time
Check it out of you haven't already
Some fag uploaded it to YouTube but he put a filter over it that gave me a headache

Great movie, too bad it has bad pacing and the twist wasn't pulled off well enough. Still, can highly recommend it as well.

Good horror with a genuine sense of dread throughout and an ending done well. Action was bad, though and they fucked up by showing what it does with its victims.

Been a while since I saw this but I remember it being engrossing and genuinely scary. Would recommend.

what makes this underrated? pretty much everyone saw it and praised it universally...

i hated that movie

When he's in the middle of that drive by made the movie awesome. Or the rocket launcher scene

this one was good

getting a 7/10 or below rating on most chart isn't universal praise

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mr. Nobody. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Nobody's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Mr. Nobody truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Nobody's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Jared Leto tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

dem 8s tho

This one.
I normaly cant stand Jim but this movie is the best.

google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwidzOXI9vDWAhWME5oKHfo3CiEQtwIITjAF&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GiLxkDK8sI&usg=AOvVaw3YWQhJJUJISPnYY3_cJ12t

Oh, you just did an imdb search, I see. Please find also the articles that go "i hated it" or "i have never heard of this Keanu movie until yesterday"

Teach a noob how to embed youtube clips

fucking quints
jesusm8

8/10
Watch Noroi: The Curse