greatest interview of all time

Skip to 16:00

youtube.com/watch?v=kTj0jj75rY4

Are you okay?

kys

Rollins

OOOHHHH eggggy lmao XDD yeah cuzz kys so clinnnggeyyyyyXDDD olol

dihkes

can't say he's mellowed out in his old age either.

youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo

and here he is bullying poor toby keith
youtube.com/watch?v=8YDjTvJhuxw

toby's a good boy. fuck henry rollins

ease up on the irony, dude

How so?

*eases up on the irony*

You seriously better ease up on the irony or I will ease your asshole faggot.

hang on i have to pewp

"you are conventional"
>oh yes

my god i cant believe i have a shitty black flag tattoo

Nah, that Jeff Tweedy one that used to get posted here a lot is the greatest of all time, I'd look it up to post it but it's too intense to watch again for me but that first time was magical

henry was acting like one of those posters who tries to invalidate every negative opinion by saying something like it's a free country and the artist owes you nothing

same.

what's the source material for this

Henry: "So what is your scam?"

Kid: "um uh fucking around more or less"

Henry: "Does the scene make or break your thing? Do you think about your scene before you go to bed at night?"

I have no idea what even this interview

i havent said the word "cringe" in years

It's just aggressive tryhard posturing.

Henry Rollins might be the biggest douche in the music industry. The dude acts like some iconic god of music but hasnt really done shit. He was in Black Flag for like 2-3 years and even his own bandmates and fans of the band hated him. He acts like he made so much great music and tried so hard to innovate. He must have forgot that he made this song

youtube.com/watch?v=awY1MRlMKMc

youtube.com/watch?v=9XKDhnb3z4M

people insecure about not being punk enough so they try to prove that they're more punk than others

I'd say its insecurities. From what Ive seen of him he seemes like a cool guy and is just terrible in social situations.

he also looks a bit like Timmy McVeigh

Shit... I'm interested. Anyone have it?

Cut your fucking hair
Ugly motherfucker

rude

For what it's worth, Liar's not really a decent example of his music work. It's his most notable solo song, but I would argue something like Illuminations (his last notable single to get airplay) was better in that the song felt like a song whereas Liar felt like a spoken word piece reworked into a song.

That said, Rollins hasn't been a musician for ages in terms of his main source of work; ironically he's much more interesting (or tolerable; your mileage may vary) as an actor/spoken word performer/writer.

You look like effiminate anteater humanoid

For what it's worth, Black Flag was a wholesale train wreck of a band and Rollins only got hate from the band, because he kept pointing out how self-destructive a lot of their creative choices are (granted, given the backstory about what happened to his first BF album, who could blame him).

That said, I'd argue that the only decent album Rollins has ever done was "Come In And Burn".

lol makes every situation a big deal just like my dad. needs anger management

Is it this one? youtube.com/watch?v=JVUThrqqmpE

Nah, this is
youtube.com/watch?v=31ziDxbcSj8

I have never met Mr. Rollins but still I feel that in some way, some how, he is a spiritual father to me... and not just me... to everyone. He looks out for us. He wants us to better ourselves. He wants us to learn. He wants us to be aware and cautious of the incredible amount of BS in this world. He is not trying to shelter or coddle us. He knows w are going to fall down and scrape up our knees sometimes, so he shows us how to deal with it and how to get back up and learn so we don't fall and scrape them up again. For this I am always thankful for him. Respect.

you're not wrong, but it's important to remember that ginn is still ginn

What a cringy post.

>the interpretive dance party at the end
this is amazing

I swear Henry Rollins approaches every situation seeking to "own" someone like the bar scene in Good Will Hunting.