How do you feel about contemporary "lo-fi hip hop (preferably of the relaxing/studying/gaming-to variety)...

How do you feel about contemporary "lo-fi hip hop (preferably of the relaxing/studying/gaming-to variety)?" I think it's unbearably safe and will be looked back on as the muzak of the hip hop genre if it isn't forgotten entirely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYRDgd3Tb44
youtube.com/watch?v=_qU2MXeAz1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hive mind genre
Hopefully future iterations will produce better results

>muzak of the hip hop genre
except almost all, if not all, hip hop is unambiguously muzak by any definition. the only reason I hate it is because it makes idiots such as yourself feel superior when you listen to shit that is just as bad. actually, you have it much worse, since you actually believe what you listen to is of value, while the people who watch that know they just want background music for other activities. this is how much of a fucking waste you are. stop making these threads and kill yourself. you are not special for spotting a trend. you are less than a worthless unlikeable piece of filth.

I hate the live playlist the same reason I hate listening to only singles

Yeah it's trash.

its good at one thing and that is being comfy/relaxing. nobody is pushing lofi hiphop as genre-defining or boundary changing. Its fun if not a little boring at times but it definitely isnt garbage as long as it is taken at face value and not propped up as high class art or something forced like that.

It happened because vaporware got "too mainstream"

melonpan/filthyfrank-core

Melonpan is too weird for most faux weebs.

This. I listen to a playlist from time to time. It's relaxing. Can only usually last about 30-45min before it starts getting boring and same sounding though. Not every form of music listened too has to be high quality.

This
Yall need to realise that the people who make this type of stuff know that all they're making is background music

Any essentials I should know of?

I just don't understand why it's always a loop of an anime girl doing homework.

I listen to it while i work, Soothing and laid back, with a slight kick to it.

to study i prefer silence or a very quiet jazzy song, lowest volume possible

I actually like it, sue me. It's the library music/space age pop of today, prove me wrong.
I guarantee you listen to absolutely entry level normie garbage anyway so it's not exactly within your rights to shit on it.

All that stuff descends from nujabes.
That laid back instrumental, sort of cheesy but also sort of cool hip hop
It just seems like some minor online fad, i dont see why anyone would get so butthurt about it

youtube.com/watch?v=TYRDgd3Tb44

youtube.com/watch?v=_qU2MXeAz1E

It's shit for weebs and teenagers

Unlike most "lo-fi hip hop," Nujabes was actually creative and unique.

It all sounds the same to me desu

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised that you think that.

Nujabes isn't some high art, bro

I never said he was.