What is Sup Forums's opinion on the froosh?

what is Sup Forums's opinion on the froosh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jre6DSrA9Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=QS1PBtTPusQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z7mScbQPHoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Italian Jesus

this shit right here, this shit right here, is a fuggin masterpiece.

Anthony Kiedis owes all of his fame and money to the froosh, his solo career is way better than his rhcp career though

agreed

the only thing anthony can do is come up with the occasional earworm lyric and suck ass live

Extremely overrated as a guitar player.

Go listen to Niandra Lades amigo
You'll change your mind

His playing was more fiery when he was a kid, later on he grew up, chilled out, and learned to actually write songs and play tastefully and for the song instead of showing off.

>You'll change your mind
No. He still has that lazy, inarticulate way of playing notes that just sounds terrible.

Do you think the same about Hendrix?
Cause his style is directly influenced by Jimi

>RHCP soon gained notoriety for their socks-on-cocks stage antics. As such, looking good nude was important for any new recruits to the band. John Frusciante recalled in a 2006 interview that "When I first joined the band, I had to strip. For some reason, they needed to see my erect penis."

MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

youtube.com/watch?v=jre6DSrA9Fk

Yes

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=QS1PBtTPusQ

It breaks my heart that he's not a dog person. But he did love Flea's big ugly dog during Californacation period. She always sit next to him. He later wrote that end song on SA for Flea's dog when she died.

>He later wrote that end song on SA for Flea's dog when she died.

Which song is this? I had no idea that was a thing.

Death of a Martian

I might be biased because I've been a lifelong RHCP fan, but he is an incredible guitarist, love him.

He was the only reason I would listen to RHCP. That band died when he left.

Go see them live and Klinghoffer will change your mind

Not a big fan of Hendrix either, but Hendrix sounds better.

It sucks that he had to take over after Frusciante, he's actually very good and Dot Hacker is a nice band, he added something else to such a mediocre band like rhcp, he's the perfect fit for them

One of my favorite musicians to have ever lived proud to see him talked about on Sup Forums again

So my dad used to hang around with RHCP for a bit around 1989-90 taking promotional photos of them and stuff like that. He said Anthony was the biggest douchebag and egotist he ever met. Said he was on their tour bus with them and the whole time Anthony kept talking about his hair and repeatedly switching from a ponytail to straight. He was a huge dickbag to everyone as well (although my dad said he was fairly nice to him) and even bullied John a bit. Flea was a total bro, John and Chad didn't say that much, they were still new to the band and not really "integrated" into it yet.

The Empyrean, Curtains and Shadows Collide With People are all top tier albums for me. Most people know him from RHCP but are unaware of his solo stuff which is a shame as I would rate it higher than anything RHCP put out.

Anthony was probably fucked up on something at that point in time.

I can believe this, Anthony seems like a cunt, specially in the early rhcp days

That scream on 'central' is one of my favourite parts of any song ever

>No.
Compositionally he has fine ideas. His execution is just horrendous though. The example you posted shows this.

Niandra LaDes and usually a T-Shirt is the pretty much as close to heroin death and spiralling depression on record, ever. There is a beauty in how it's essentially just a free fall into nothingness.

That film Johnny Depp recorded where they went to visit and tour Froosh's house during that time is something else.

He has mellowed a bit as he's gotten older and stopped using drugs, but in the late 80s he was a massive prick. Remember when he was accused of sexual assault after a concert once?

yeah, I was gonna say that, he's probably a lot more calm now, I think they all stopped doing drugs a while back. And yes, I can't believe how much shit he's gotten away with, he had a fucked up childhood too, didn't he?

>And yes, I can't believe how much shit he's gotten away with, he had a fucked up childhood too, didn't he?

Yeah his dad was a drug dealer and total sexual degenerate who fucked everything that moved. Anthony said he lost his virginity at 12 to his dad's 19 year old girlfriend, he basically told him "Go ahead and have at it, kiddo."

He said his dad had a small diamond attached to one fingernail, this was his "pussy" finger he used to diddle women's pussies. This is referenced in "Purple Stain".

I put my middle finger in
Your monthly blood is what I win

holy fuck, no wonder he turned out to be the way he is/was, could've been a lot worse though

He's one of my favourite artists
Severely underrated
Sup Forums probably just writes him off because of the chili peppers.

In Scar Tissue (the book) Anthony says he realised after John left the band that he had been a dick to him over the years, he always meant it playfully, but he recognised John is a sensitive dude and it went too far. So he wrote the song star tissue for him, which was also a huge single when John rejoined the band.

Niandre Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt is GOAT
Shadows Collide with People is bretty great
The Will to Death is a beautiful album
Curtains is excellent
The Empyrean is fucking godly
Left Lefur is amazing, particularly if you like hip hop
And PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone is pretty great if you can appreciate experimental sounds.

btw the line about "Mister Sarcastic Know It All" was referring to Dave Navarro whom Anthony said was a major sarcastic wiseguy

Anthony always seemed like a absolute dickhead in the early days. But from Californication onwards he's seemed pretty cool and mellow during interviews. In his book he said he had lots of therapy and time to reflect on life and how he treated people in between OHM and Californication. Part of cutting his hair off and dying it blonde at the time was to represent the change in him as a person. From the blonde hair onwards I've like him.

Yeah, you can definitely see he's grown as a person in some of rhcp's recent interviews, are John and him still in touch?

The great thing about youtube is whenever you check out RHCP songs, John's solo songs will show up in the recommendations on the right of the screen. Lots of people become fans of his solo work that way, I know I did.

"Whenever I feel like a hotel room and $5000 worth of heroin would do me real good, I look at my dog and realize that he's never seen me while I'm high."

Nope. In a interview earlier this year Anthony said he hasn't seen or heard from John in years. None of the band has. Said his misses John but respects and accepts the fact that John has moved on.

PS. Fuck the haters. While Josh is different with his guitar style and doesn't make great catchy guitar riffs/melodies. The two albums he's been on do have some pretty cool songs.

That dog would be about 16 years old now.

Luckily AK now has a kid who has never and hopefully will never see him high.

Upvoted

>Luckily AK now has a kid

Now has a kid? I'm sure he has about 40-50 of them from fucking groupies over the years, some of whom are probably in their 30s now.

Aw too bad. I miss John orgasming onstage.

By The Way and Stadium Arcadium was the band and John at their best.

Brilliant guitarist who wastes his time on shit projects.

>Stadium Arcadium was the band and John at their best.
Kill yourself.

personal GOAT
he wasted time on rhcp tho

youtube.com/watch?v=z7mScbQPHoA
one of my favs

anyone ever listen to the brown bunny soundtrack?

got some breddy good stuff on there.

also

>tfw the no froosh autobiography, and having to piece together the band days from anthonys fucked up perspective

watched funky monks: > changed man, new appreciated for Frusciante

Is there any band vocalist (who plays no instrument) who should be taken seriously?