6÷2(3)
3(3)
3x3

Nooooo
6÷2(1+2)
6÷2(3)
6÷6

im retarded

Exactly why it is too ambiguous. Please sage or don't respond. This shit is pure cancer.

Order Of Operations has inexplicably changed in the last few years. It depends upon which you were taught.

ITT: PEOPLE PROOFING RETARD BY ATTEMPTING SOLUTIONS

6/2 (1+2) = x
6/2 (3) = x
3 (3) = x
9 = x

Correct.

Division and multiplication are equal in importance, so the one that appears first from left to right takes precedence in the order of operations.

You do the 2(3) first.

its 1. please excuse my dear aunt sally

Wrong. lrn2PEMDAS

It's 9, × and ÷ are of equal importance and we read from left to right cause we aren't sandniggers.

t. People who failed 8th grade math.

Wrong, the 2 falls under brackets having priority

Ahem.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6/2 (1+2) = x

Wait, is it PEMDAS or PEDMAS? I always learnt PEDMAS (well BIDMAS but same thing)

PEDMAS is the same as PEMDAS. That's what the brainlets ITT don't seem to get. Multiplication and division are equal; when one precedes the other in the equation, reading from left to right, it takes precedence.

Both are correct. Addition and subtraction are of equal importance. Multiplication and division are if equal importance. Work from left to right in that case.
Therefore PEMDAS and PEDMAS are both correct

>person who failed 9th grade math

What the fuck kind of childish ass reply is that?
"I know you are but what am I"

While your response is asinine in any case, you do realize that 8 precedes 9 and thus failing a higher grade is less shameful, right?

Juan

6/2(1+2)
distribute the 2
6 / 2 + 4
6 / 6

Nice try. It says right at the top that it's a virus. You must think I'm pretty fucking stupid, huh?

This has already been figured out folks.

First off, it's 9.

The WAY YOU INTERPRET it is based on what humans agree to, and the correct modern interpretation (modern as in last 80 years) of the missing implied parens is that 2(3) is the same as 2*3.

You DON'T FUCKING DISTRIBUTE here.

6/2 (1+2) = x
6/2 (3) = x
6/2*3 = x
3*3 = x
9 = x

So fuck off with your outdated, retarded, math teacher who should have been fired, math.

TI has spoken

How do you say pemdas and forget what the e stands for you stupid fuck

Why are you so stupid
It's in order for a reason

over 9000 checkem faggots

>It's in order for a reason
Correct. However, it's obvious that you don't grasp that multiplication and division are equal in importance of order, so it doesn't matter whether you spell it PEMDAS or PEDMAS.

/thread

They disproved PEMDAS like 15 years ago you fags.