July 2014
>7-1

>WC time had the most traffic in 4 years
All other sports btfo

Sup Forums

they are stealing the userbase?

>dat 2014 World Cup spike

the 2018 World Cup will revive Sup Forums, don't worry

no people just are leaving the site because who the fuck wants to deal with their spam every thread

>dat election spike

Election night 2016 never forget

Where you get these?

I can believe it. We get tired of /pol fags bringing race/racism into every discussion, sometimes I just want to talk about sports

No, I mean 2015 when suddenly no one posts

The pleb realizing sports are meaningless and only serve to distract while the elite plot against them.

The last Superbowl being so obviously rigged must have been a wake up call.

4plebs.org

archive.4plebs.org/sp/statistics/activity/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/statistics/activity/

for other boards check the list:

archive.4plebs.org/_/articles/credits/

Sup Forums, one of the most important discussion places on the web, is now Sup Forums. Therefore, Sup Forums is now a subsidiary of Sup Forums, consider it a promotion

Stole me desu

The mods ruined this board, before these shitty generals, Sup Forums provided the best memes, shitposting, and banter. Fuck the mods and Janis for ruining what was once a great board.

some glitch either on Sup Forums or the archive

>Sup Forums, one of the most important discussion places on the web

Sup Forums is actually stealing reddit's userbase and has taken over Sup Forums as the most common entry level board.

As for Sup Forums, over-moderation when there are no sports on has driven a significant portion of the users elsewhere over the years. It's become a pretty dull place.

Sup Forums likely just declining in general due to the rise of other discussion websites in the same timeframe, as well as other boards stealing its thunder (unironically Sup Forums). As people get older they leave and are either replaced by new users, or aren't.

This board has been shit since the 2012 world cup and with every new event like the olympics and wc more retards flood in and crowd out older users.

People moving on from Sup Forums is the reason we don't have the same kind of content as before, it's just different.

because the mods cracking down on the fun and the shitposters

>the 2012 world cup
who won that one?

You live in CONMEBOL territory and couldn't have told me Corinthians won it that year?

This

Now its all generals

Sup Forums as a whole is more popular than ever
rank2traffic.com/Sup Forums.org

it's strange how self moderation was way more relevant before. Maybe that's why the quality is declining.

Also surprised that the Olympics didn't have as big a spike, Sup Forums was active 24h a day during that time

2011 was probably the peak I think.

Feel threads
POWER RANKINGS
Bro culture
Dank memes.

This place used to be fucking great.
Fuck you ya fucking mods.

2016 olympics were pretty boring. Big spikes come when an event is so big people from other boards join in, like 7-1

No more fun off topic threads or power rankings. Everything is just a general. I used to come here all the time back in the day, now it's kinda boring. Sad!

can we finally break the 100 million mark lads?

I think the next World Cup might break it

>the spikes from Euro 2012, WC 2014, Copa América Centenario and Euro 2016
Soccer is unironically the lifeblood of this board

It's funny when people complain about generals. It's not like mods are creating them and forcing people to post in them. If you want better threads make them yourself

Lack of bro culture threads. General threads (why not just go to reddit?). People waking up to the fact that watching sports is a cuck activity, you are watching other men engage in competition while you sit on your ass like a worthless beta. moot really turned into a 'no fun allowed' fag by the end of his reign, and Sup Forums still hasn't recovered.

Could be any of those valid reasons, probably a combination of all.

I miss the power ranking threads so much....power ranking different foods and meals was the highlight of any dead period.

2016 looks like just as big a spike relative to normal posting rates at the times. The 2012 olympics spike is smaller though

It could potentially happen. NBA playoffs plus a big world cup event could push it over, but our best shot was probably the election. Seeing as either Sup Forums or Sup Forums is the most popular board it would probably have to be something related to those, like Trump banning video games

t. makes a new general threadwhenever it hits pic limit

where have our old comrades in shitposting gone to? I've tried looking for other places but keep coming back.

I mean, the sole problem with this board is the moderation.

If posts or threads go remotely off-topic or meta, they're either pruned or posters are banned. It's fucking pathetic. This board is no different than a subreddit now except our moderators aren't allowed to swing their little e-dicks around in public, which they surely would do so if they could. Mods and janitors ruined this board and there's no going back to the old culture that we had in 2009-2011.

>Sup Forums harbor and moot going insane would be considered a slow news day in current Sup Forums

I want to get off this ride

The autists who want the board to be exactly the same every day won the power struggle against the less organized majority

Also you shouldn't have kicked out /wwe/ because asp is trash the same 5 or 6 autismos samefag that board into oblivion

nothing, they just didnt collect data in that time-span

The janny is an obese, fun-hating nigger.

Those events are what caused its downfall.

Sup Forums used to be cool and edgy now its just the stormfront sports page the statistics on this page prove it

We used to come here to laugh not read about peoples racial paranoias over and over and over and over

sorry. my dates were fucked

2008 Beijing Olympics were the GOAT because it was still a small board and our meme threads lasted for days. Phelps 0.01 second win is the ultimate Sup Forums moment.

2010 World Cup was the beginning of a downward spiral but still had decent memes

2012 London was completely fucked and pushed the board over the edge

I've seen mods literally autosage sports threads well below the bump limit that weren't generals.

>watching sports is a cuck activity
You weirdos are really running away with the definition of that word aren't you

Meta threads are worthless though, it's the same shit repeated over and over again.

i honestly don't even know what that word is supposed to mean anymore.

Wow, you can actually pick out individual events

>I don't like something so I'm going to take it away from everybody that likes it

Sad!

4FREE
F
R
E
E

I blame people too. people came from other boards and posted here without knowing the "culture" was not forcing people to post in one thread. but it started at one board and then spread also people were used to it from reddit too

I think that's when Moot changed Anonymous to Incognito because Richie Incognito was bullying a teammate of his.

every once in a while, I see a glimmer of that based time with a power rankings thread or chaseb owl thread that somehow seeps trough the fat sausage fingers of the Sup Forums janitor

and then it gets deleted.

Occasional Sup Forums lurker here.

I come here less and less because the everlasting generals give a lifeless appearance to the board. It's really the same thing every day.

Also, racial controversy creeping in every single of these threads doesn't help. You don't come on Sup Forums to argue with a colony of Hitler clones that will spam assblasted graphs about the IQ of colored peoples.

>Inb4 this thread gets deleted by the cuck jani

The problem is not about the content itself, it's about its repetition ad nauseam.

Seeing the same things on your board again and again and again and again again and again (and again) kills the board.

Except moving man drama threads off spee is one of the last great victories of this board

moot is the hero we need right now, but not the one we deserve

I agree with you I was replying to the jani that was justifying deleting meta threads because he doesn't like them

The OCDs that run the place WANT it exactly the same every day

Yes. I migrated. Sup Forums is beyond cucked and most of don't even realize it.

I fucking miss moot so much

>Seeing the same things on your board again and again and again and again again and again (and again) kills the board.
Isn't that what Sup Forums is nowadays?
>open up catalog
>wew 10 generals immediately

Stay there

YOU'RE WRONG AND I HAVE GRAPHS TO PROVE IT

Don't worry. I barely even come here. Even the game threads are mostly garbage now. Does any board have janitor cock up their ass as much as this board? I really doubt it.

We don't come here either to read salty cunts whine about >muh Sup Forums when people inevitably laugh at the French NT for being african.

You backseat content policers are far, far more annoying than even the most obnoxious Sup Forumsish posters.

general culture, no fun allowed, flags

the mod team have slowly killed this board over a period of several years and it's a damn shame

no, theyre really fucking not.

if youre Sup Forums, please for the love of fuck stay there. i'd prefer if the psychosis didn't leak into Sup Forums

stay in reddit

every board is Sup Forums now bud. might want to check out /r/eddit

I think most of us actually do realize it.

I used to be a regular daily visitor here and now the most I do is make a quick browse every week or two because it's just so god damn shitty now. I used to laugh my ass off every time I came here; I don't think it's humanely possible for anyone that's been here a while to NOT notice the decline.

fuck off faggots, I've been here since the beijing olympics. hopefully you edgelords are 17 years old and you'll grow out of this phase.

Sup Forums leaks into Reddit all the time though

Truly an Internet without borders we live in

ya 2011 was pretty comfy

the biggest problem now is eurotards shitting up this board with 30 soccer threads an hour with 4 replies each

they are the only sport that can't stay in their own general

>he only started coming on Sup Forums in 2008
You are the people we made the term "newfag" for.

Yes, they fucking are. Go back.

>muh generals
you are part of the problem and you don't even realise it

I fucking hate generals, every time I post outside of them I get banned

I wish they would go away

>since the beijing olympics
Is this bait? If you arrived here after the 2010 World Cup you're a newfag, end of.

Holy fuck. If posters from 2008 are considered newfags I weep for oldfags

>australia wanting to get rid of flags
gee i wonder why :^p

Sup Forums got created in 2008 you retarded faggot leaf.

The Beijing Olympics were quite literally 2 years before the Waka Wakab Owl
Stupid fucking American

Flags are absolute cancer that shouldn't have a place on any board outside of Sup Forums, and even Sup Forums adopted it as a gimmick from Krautchan. It completely destroyed Sup Forums and Sup Forums where most of the replies are now just knee jerk reactions to the poster's flag rather than his actual post.

he didn't specify, you illiterate spic.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this post.

face it guys, the internet has been full on domesticated. its time to move on with our lives...

Sup Forums could probably do without flags, yes. But for Sup Forums I think they're a fun addition to the board, especially when it comes to the Olympics, World Cup, Euros, or any international matchup. They provide for good memes.

>It completely destroyed Sup Forums and Sup Forums where most of the replies are now just knee jerk reactions to the poster's flag rather than his actual post.
That's pretty much wrong for Sup Forums. I don't post on Sup Forums so I don't care what effect they have there. Flags were revealed by moot to show that 90% of shitposters were aussies. I now use them as a way to filter non-American sports threads here so I don't have to manually hide 100+ threads just to make it navigable.

>/vp/ was created because the sole pokemon general on Sup Forums seemed oppressive
>a board for video generals was created
>every topic/event across all boards now is required to have a general and posting outside of the general is ban worthy

Crazy how stuff changes.

It's far worse than a subreddit. Mods hand out bans and delete posts of clothed women ffs.

blame reddit and normies. they love stuff being organized and easy to navigate

also blame (You)'s

flag-less Sup Forums was great
imposters everywhere

Sup Forums are what Sup Forums used to be, they are the face of this site and the first board people go to now.

the quality is bad and generals have made every other thread mediocre. I've been posting for 10 years and it's just gotten bad because there is literally not a reason to post a thread because you can literally go to the general. But in a general you have a bunch of meaningless drivel, the thread itself is 80% disposable. So when the content of the image board is 80% disposable its not worth visiting anymore because its not worth reading