I've got a question about getting drunk:

I've got a question about getting drunk:

Okay so here's the deal, when I'm drinking cocktails or taking shots, I go from feeling perfectly fine and sober to needing to throw up and or fall asleep. I don't know why, but I don't think I've ever actually experienced the feeling of being "drunk" like I see in movies and shit. Is this normal?

I always assumed that I didn't feel drunk because I might have had a higher tolerance than my friends because of my weight, but after taking like say 4-5 shots on Hennessy in a row I go from normal to about to throw up and then fall asleep. And when I'm drinking cocktails I go through about 8-9 feeling normal until I get hit with the urge to fall asleep.

Is this just how my body reacts to alcohol and there's nothing I can do about it, or do I need to pace myself better?

Even when solo? Otherwice maybe spiked?

Never drank solo, and it couldn't have been spiked while drinking with my friends cause I always poured it out of the bottle for myself when taking shots.

How much time between the shots/cocktails/whatever?

Let the alcohol take its time.

for one. never shoot hennesy retard its brandy. brandy is for slow sipping. for two ugh. fuck nvm your a lost fucking cause. start doing blow faggot. people like you aren't meant to drink. fucking goof

dont be a fag. drink beer

Maybe it don't jive with you turkey. I had a buddy who could have one sip of beer and he'd breakout in cold sweats.

I'm kinda like that, next time you drink be really conscious of how you behave.
You'll realize you're actually quite a lot more open and talky than you normally are.
For some people it's just a very slight slope to a very long drop

Slow your drinking down, drink less potent liquor/mix drinks. Or switch to beer.

5 shots in a row will take you from sober to fucked up if you do not drink often and especially if your stomach is empty (it will hit you even harder.).

Pro tip: eat a little food before drinking, it will help slow the absorption of alcohol into your system

Between the shots, almost none. Between cocktails? I'd say that as soon as I finish one I wait for about 5 minutes at most before ordering another.

>for one. never shoot hennesy retard its brandy. brandy is for slow sipping

Whoops, my bad.

I can't stand the taste of beer unless I've had so much to drink that it tastes like water. I'd take a bottle of Canadian Club over beer any day of the week to be honest.

I hope that's not the case, it'd suck.

I'll have to do that next time. Usually I'm a quiet person and all that, but when I get to know someone I can talk to them with ease and that's when sober. So I expected that I'd be a lot more confident when drunk, but honestly I felt just the same and got really nervous when trying to talk to people (girls) at a club or something despite having had multiple drinks just before.

Smoking weed and drinking will add a new twist to it but really alcohol bring out who people really are. Some people completely change, other you can't tell. People used to tell me they could never tell when I'm drunk but that's because I have little filter with people when sober

your a fucking moron underage b&

The reasons is basic af, alcohol doesnt take an affect for around 30 minutes taking shot after shot wil hit you all at once and fuck you up instead of drinking like a normal human being and gradually getting drunker

> 4-5 shots in a row at once

Here’s your problem retard. You’re flash poisoning your liver on a moments notice. Your body is fine one moment, and swimming in alcohol the next. It decides that it’s safest for you stop piloting your body and rest so it can filter out the poison quietly. You have to trick the body by starting slow, so it thinks it can roll with the punches.

>I can't stand the taste of beer
You need to find your beer and it takes sometime to warm up to. Wheat beers tend to be easy drinkers and sour beers are fucking awesome and are all the rage in the craft beer world right now. Try a sour beer, it will boggle your mind on perceptions of beers.

I'm 18 years old. If I were living in the US I wouldn't even be allowed to drink so... Sorry if I sound inexperienced, it's because I am.

I guess I should start taking it slow then. Thanks for the tips anons.

It doesn’t bring out who you really are, it lowers your inhibitions so that you’re more comfortable saying/doing things that would’ve previously been out of you comfort range.

Thus showing your true intentions

in vino veritas

There's a name for it - the Hemingway Type. I'm the same way. I'm perfectly fine drinking the night away - up until that one drink that puts me over the top.
In short, the Hemingway is defined as "does not exhibit any major changes in personality when they transition from sober to drunk".
The other Types are Mary Poppins, Mr Hyde, and Nutty Professor.
Be proud. You're the one that maintains control while everyone else can't. Just done have that One-Too-Many.

Hello user. I am here to inform you that ethanol has 6-8 minutes to reach your receptor-/nervesystem, therefore I am to recommend you drinking in a moderate speed instead of hitting shots in a row. Btw, strong liqour is poison.

OMFG hasn't anyone told you anything about alcohol??? It's okay to down 2-3 shots max as a challenge,but 20 mins after it hits you like a truck.
I personally stay of the strong ones,maybe shot or two to jump start the party but only shots?? In a row? That is retarded.
If you wanna get the feeling I suggest 1.5 liter of beer(3 big cans,no need to wait between them) and then you can drink the rest slowly and pace it out so you don't get wasted completely and don't be sober by the end of the night.

It's not coincidence that everytime you see somewhere people downing shots and cocktails they black out half night.

It's freight training you because you're drinking too fast.

Aw fuck nvm, you're just a dumbass kid.

Also... Don't chug the beer,drink it normally like you would drink anything else.

> Can't stand the taste

There are so many beers out there there is 100% 2-3 you are going to like,some of them are mixed with fruits,just go and try to find some.

Oh, actually I do have another experience where I didn't feel "conventionally" drunk at all but I think I paced myself fairly well.

Okay so basically I was at this bar with a friend of mine, and we were drinking some cocktails, taking our time and all that enjoying the drinks and talking to others in the bar. We had a total of about 5-6 drinks each, and while I was sitting down I did feel a little confident when talking to strangers and all that. But as soon as we went outside to start walking to nearby clubs, I suddenly felt completely normal again.

It's as if the cold wind blew away by drunken-ness?

And for the love of God it should be cold,no matter how nice and expensive the beer is if it's warm it tastes like piss.

Yep cold contracts your blood cannals and the alcohol is not going as fast as it can(while at summer on the sunny beach little is needed to be buzzed)

What kinda drinks? Can you taste the booze in them? Maybe your bartenders are shit and give out watered down drinks.

Well, fuck.

I think we had moscow mules. The first two drinks were pretty watered down I'd say, then we asked the bartenders to make them a lot stronger.

Stop drinking. Alcohol is a depressant. You are hurting your brain.

I was ok until i drank a whole liter of absolute vodka 40% in less then 2 hours, i thought i was going to die that night, i felt like i was freezing even though it was like 30 degrees celcious outside, now i cant even smell alcohol without wanting to vomit...

I'm already severely depressed so I doubt alcohol will do much more harm, desu.

I remember a time when two of my friends decided to share an entire liter of Vodka between the two of them as a "pre-drink" before a friend's birthday party. They should up really drunk and within an hour were on the grass pissing and vomiting. They spent the rest of the night sleeping in the backyard while everyone else was inside.

1. A good foundation will let you drink a lot fast. That means tons of fat, a bit of carbs, and some fiber. Drink a pint of heavy cream before going drinking if you really want to keep your legs under you.
A kebab or pizza is a great foundation, but dont overeat.

2. Drink more moderately. 1-2 quick std glasses to start off, then about 1 std glass per half hour will keep you lit, while also getting more drunk decently slowly.

3. Make stuff while drunk. One of the things alcohol does is it blocks some neural pathways, letting you try new stuff in creative ways you wouldn't while sober. Do some improv dancing or music. Don't just drink and expect to feel better doing nothing.

Find ways to fix your self esteem without drinking.

Man i have the same problem. I used to get drunk after half a bottle of jack. Now i hardly feel anything and the next morning i dont remember half of the night before. I can only tell by the empty bottle that i drank it all up. I go from feeling nothing to memory loss in an instant. I dont even remember being drunk.

find a beer or wine you like, stop taking so many shots jesus