Album of the Motherfucking Year

Album of the Motherfucking Year

I'm about to start it now

you're really going to be taking them seriously?

in 2017, how we still using the opinions of a website that give Lil Peep a 7.3

LIL PEEP THE BASED GOD

>they gave Lil B an 8.5 BNM

Songs for the Deaf [Interscope, 2002]
would rawk more unremittingly on one's stereo without the transmission interruptions claiming rawk's banned from one's radio ("You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire," "Hangin' Tree") **

How can Domesticated Animals be so good? I can't get over how amazing it is.

Tell me where you keep the gold.

That Era Vulgaris sexy, decadent vibe with a little bit of class. The song manages its own hype and crescendo very well until it reaches the climax.

I really like it too.
I thought the whole album was a solid addition to the discography.

>6.9
>.
>9

Not difficult to achieve when the bar is on the floor.

It's pretty good, definately in their top 3 for me being

1. SftD
2. LC
3. Villains

What did they mean by this?

That they wanna help him rule the world

not even close

This

>what is Melodrama
It's good, but not that good.

Why is Fortress so comfy?

Never listened to QoTSA, is this a good starting point?

Because it sounds like the Dungeon theme in Zelda 2 on NES. That song was designed for maximum comfort.

>SOTD
>only 7.9
Yeah they fucked up there.

Gave that shitty white spam rapper a 7.3.
Pitchfork is dead.

But I still agree that villains was not that good.

SOTD is a stoner rock album.
That implies.. getting fucking high.

rym users are literally dumb

best song
ebin chorus

fun/10

It's good, first listen I thought it was kinda bad now I dig it a lot. Weird. Guess I just needed to adjust to the sound.

this is awful music

this

this

As a longtime fan of the band I find Domesticated Animals fucking boring. The lyrics seem elementary and the cadence clunky. "You get right up and sit back down, dizzy dizzy dizzy we all fall down". "It's in the lost and found" what the fuck is this shite. Not a terrible album, but 3 fucking notes repeated and halfassed rhymes make for a bad song imo. Like a lame remix of I'm Designer. Again, coming from a fucking diehard. I really wanted to love this record but ffs

It sounds like Gary Numan trying to write a QOTSA song. It's fucking dope.

this is music for cishet white men... people with not sense of aesthetic or taste

whats with josh cross necklace on every interview?
he become religious o its ironic?

A Christian life is the best life.

his music has a very pagan vibe, and so his lyrics
very non-black and white morals as the opposite to christian thinking...

I think is aestetical. Look at the cover.
is just a costume for the promotion of the record

its radio tier

t. Varg

Yea i really like it too. The synths at the start are so great.

The riffs on this thing are so understated due to the danceability of the whole thing. Its easy to overlook how creative some of them are.

I already listened to two songs and my goodness this is some good crap

I'd say listen to Like Clockwork, but that's just my personal favorite album of theirs, maybe try Songs For The Deaf. Any of those two really

I like this song a lot but everyone hates it. Why? The ending is fucking epic, especially when he does those harmonies on the thirds during the last two progressions of the tune - sounds fantastic.

Songs For The Deaf is the best album to start with

I wish there was a guitar playing the same riff as the synth in Un-reborn Again

Yeah I don't get the hate for it either. It has my favorite melody in the album.

you guys

yeah, can't believe i share a board with these losers

Fuck you this is their best album

lol

clearly you're upset because no one's telling you where's the god damn gold

i like rock music but this album is very boring

i like boring music but this album is very rock

I like boring rock but this album is very music.

I sing only for you
To the beat of my footsteps in the night

Excuse me, but that's not DAMN. by award-winning artist Kendrick Lamar

>not being able to find the gold in this song
Sucks to be you user.
Now for real, I've been a fan for ten years and the greatness of QOTSA is that every album sounds different while maintaining their flavor. The song slow, apathetic buildup until that jaded scream of desperation where Josh sings "I'll tell you where the gold is" is absolutely sublime. I get shivers everytime, I really hope it clicks with you and you get to appreciate it. It took me four listens, but it's my favorite track of the album.

songs for the deaf if you like slammin stoner desert rock driving music, like clockwork if you like depression and awareness of your own mortality

When I first got into them I loved Like Clockwork and Rated R

Got Tickets for the North American tour and I am so pumped after hearing through the album.

It would be if Un-Reborn Again and Hideaway were replaced with songs that were good, or that actually sound like QOTSA at all.

As somebody who used to think that - sorry bud, SftD is the better album. Only by a bees dick though

I honestly don't get what he was on about with the whole gold thing. Is there a bigger picture here that I'm missing?

69!!
NOICE

Comfortably the worst QOTSA album

End yourself laddy

Un-Reborn Again is the best song on the album though

I hope we can all agree:

>best
Domesticated Animals
>runner up
The Evil Has Landed
>worst
Hideaway

nah. The main melody is really repetitive and boring, Josh's singing is annoying, and it doesn't do enough to warrant its 7 minute runtime. The strings section is kinda just awkwardly jammed into the song too, it needed a better build up to it

I dont get the hate for hideaway.

>best
Feet Don't Fail Me
>runner up
Head Like A Haunted House
>worst
Hideaway

I dislike Head Like a Haunted House more than Hideaway

this tbqh

Start by listenin some popular tracks from each album to get the vibe. Then listen that whole album.

t. pleb probably the first album you hear from them

>can't find the full body in decent quality anywhere

>The full body

What did he mean by this?

>*blocks your path*

As a huge QOTSA fan, this album isn't that good. The production is what kills the vibe. I posted this in another thread, but damn, Mark Ronson made it sound like Standard Butt Rock and not the dirty and gritty band I once loved. Just can't like it due to the sound of the whole thing.

I agree with you user

tbf i love the album but kinda have to agree

If I had to describe QotSA with one riff, this would be it.

>what is rutracker
jesus, we need to spoonfeed you people every week in here.

Me neither, way better than Head Like A Haunted House, by a country mile.

the cover art, not the album

You're not wrong

I like the "radio dead zone" concept, and I think it adds to the album quite a bit

Read: If you have yet to listen to Songs for the Deaf, or even Rated R, you can't judge.

I thought he was racing from some kind of cult bloodbath, especially when someone on the radio mentions it on a interview and is suddenly cut, an them the intro to A Song For the Deaf

>It isn't half empty or full
>You can smash the glass, or drink it all

Pottery

great album but i think fucked the production

What's your guys' opinion on The Desert Sessions?

cool concept, and it gave birth to Eagles of Death Metal. I wish Josh woulda put Rickshaw on a QOTSA album tho

>epic leather jackets
>epic edgy demon

Pass. Dont need to listen to know its shit.

I've been listening to all the volumes and I'm really enjoying it. Tons of good shit on these.

Teens of Thailand and Dead In Love are my favorites

nah

ive only heard it twice but it's fun. josh knows how to fucking deliver. but i have to say, these are definitely the cheesiest lyrics he's written.