Yfw this faggot is going to cost the nba literally BILLIONS of dollars

>yfw this faggot is going to cost the nba literally BILLIONS of dollars

Looks like the NBA is pretty much going to have to shorten the season at this point or force another strike by the players.

Thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=353GYwcnWmI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=H8CtKrGe29k
youtu.be/bgCXR1bSvf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm fine with that. Either that or start the post season later. If you got rid of back to backs that would almost certainly appease both sides.

Hope they go on strike forever senpai

They'll just go play in china or the euro league.

Good hopefully the league folds in my lifetime.

What do you suggest?

How many games? Should the NBA do a tournament style league instead?

If you just bumped the playoffs back a month you could get rid of back to backs which is what the biggest issue is to the players and the league can still make bank on tv deals. I would absolutely love to see a March madness style nba playoff though just have them all play for seeding.

Continued: just get rid of pre-season games and they can still have their same off season. Pre-season is a bunch of useless garbage anyway

story?

good. let them shorten the season to 50 or so games. also change the playoff series format to 3-5-7

Shortening the season is the correct answer but the jews would never allow it.

The NBA's TV rights contract is guaranteed, they won't lose any money until 2022.

the season is too long already, and largely useless anyway

it'll be good for the consumer and play out well in the long run

Players are such pussies. You make all that fucking money and you can't play back to back ? My sides

Preseason is literally just for rookies and d-league players lol.

t. guy who only played JV basketball in high school

If season is too long then NBA has too many teams. Best thing to do is cut the games to 41 and cut the teams to 7 for East and 7 for west. Only 4 teams go to the playoffs and then you can go fuck yourself to death after that.

They ARE competing at the absolute Apex of the sport.

This isn't shoot around at the park with that 57 year old white guy.

They should shorten the season. 40-50 games will make the regular season actually worth watching. Both the (((owners))) and players won't like that though as that's less money for them.

That's summer league. There is no reason for preseason games. Football should do away with it too.

Oh, that's right.

The research and science is in. Resting players on back-to-backs reduces injuries and adds years to a player's career. There's no good argument against. The nba has to put together better schedules and get rid of back-to-backs or else mid-season resting will continue to happen

What about this. On and off full season and then half season?

1 year full 82 games then the next year it's a 42 game season.

They will never shorten it because it would mean less money for the players, and god knows the players love the money. Only solution is get rid of pre season and push the playoffs back a month

m.youtube.com/watch?v=353GYwcnWmI

m.youtube.com/watch?v=H8CtKrGe29k

>force Pop to start his players
>Pop obliges but only makes them play one minute
Silver will always be BTFO

No the NBA is going to cost itself money. The way the schedule is made up is fucking stupid.

Too many 3 in four night stretches and the locations are always so fucking dumb. If you are going to do that then make it so the distance between games is as little as possible

This. NBA is dreadful.

(((They))) have spoken.

Maybe time to increase roster sizes to 21?

2022 is right around the corner.

He's a pathetic cuckold. Probably let's the latest rookie bull pound his wife

Just start the fucking season 20 days earlier and bring back best-of-5 for Round 1. There, I solved it.

Actually there should only be about 3 pre season games where starters play regular minutes to get warmed up for the season.

Enjoying your first month on Sup Forums? What other cool buzzwords have you learned?

Why not just start the season in October?

I never understood the home and home back to backs like why have the magic play the Cavs in Cleveland then the next night in Orlando it makes zero sense.

I could dig that
Lol, rookies

It's the NBA's fault for making retarded schedules. If the schedules were just 2-3 games a week with no back-to-backs and no ridiculous road trips, coaches wouldn't have to rest players.

is it just me or is this rest thing a hot new meme

You never used to hear about this now everybody does it

Do they all want to emulate pop? Do they think it's good coaching?

it's not going to cost the nbs anything they're just going to jack up the prices of everything

Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker are able to play 5 more years than the average NBA star because of this "faggot"

>Do they think it's good coaching?
strategic rest for your vets isn't good coaching?

casuals ruin every fucking sport.

Also, putting 16 out of 30 teams in the playoffs is silly. It should be only 8. Scrap 10 irrelevant teams, let them play their own B-tier competition, there shouldn't be more than 20 teams in NBA. Imagine watching Spurs/Cavs 4 times in the regular instead of only twice.

>37 post
>4 unique posters

Nice thread you got here

I guess the Cavs would have been one of the irrelevant teams being scrapped if this was to happen in 2012, right?
this

Nah they were a pet project for the league. 3 out of four years they got the top pick then lebron magically decides to return.

Thanks, Trump!

Karl Malone played 18 seasons and never took rest days.

Popovich is SOFT.

Karl Malone played 18 seasons and never won a championship :^)

Karl Malone never won a chip with Utah, he even tried to ride Kobe and Shaw's coattails and still failed. but not after getting a debilitating injury from playing too many minutes, you dumb inbred fuck.

82 games is a lot of basketball and that doesn't even account for practice and the playoffs. People act like that shit doesn't add up.

>The research and science is in.
Everyone keeps saying this. I've yet to see them provide any evidence though.

that's because those people are ignorant morons. i'd like to see if they could get 19 straight 50+ win seasons and 5 championships if they were in place of Pop.

you sound like a flat-earther. it's common sense

Create two tiered league system with second division teams being allowed to sign any prospects out of high school with promotion and relegation like europe.

Play four games against each team in your division with a playoff in the lower division for the last promotion spot and a playoff in the upper division for the championship.

Then maybe an FA cup style competition.

But the owners would never agree to that

why would you want to have raw high school athletes in the NBA who don't even know the basics and fundamentals

The only options are two things the NBA will never do.

The first thing the NBA needs to do is contract the league. There are way too many teams for this league that only has 4-6 teams with a shot every year. Have all players on contracted teams in a pool for a contraction draft that goes in the reverse order of records (none of this trading picks bullshit).

The NBA could contract the Magic, Grizzlies, Nuggets, Suns, Hornets, Pelicans, Wolves, Bucks, Nets and Hawks (or some number of those teams) and no one would give a shit.

The other thing they can do is reduce the number of games to 50-60, or whatever number down there would allow for each team to play every other day. Start the league on the last Sunday of October. Half the league starts the season Sunday and plays sun, tues, thurs, sat, mon, wed, fri, etc), the other half starts the next day on Monday (mon, wed, fri, sun, tues, thurs, etc) and then play like that until early april

Oh, boo hoo, the players will only make $10 million dollars per year instead of $30 million. So fucking what?

is this a time warped post from 1995?

Good. What use is an 82 game season when the players phone it in for 40 of them?

You could ask the same question about La Liga having 38 games instead of 12 tbf

>leagues without relegation
>leagues where tanking to get good picks is encouraged

The guy on the Colin Cowherd show had a good solution
youtu.be/bgCXR1bSvf4

Adam silver is a dumbass. Who gives a shit if pop sits leonard during a nationally televised regular season game. Most casual fans don't watch until the playoffs anyway when Leonard damn sure will be playing 40 minutes.

get rid of preseason or reduce it to 4 games

The spurs-warriors game was highly anticipated and it was complete shit because everyone rested

>Leagues where all the best players leave before age 21
>Leagues where your youth system is just a shopping mall for Europeans

This + pro/rel wouldn't be that bad actually

Wouldn't it be easier to just lessen the number of playoff spots instead of shortening the season? That'd make the games worth more.

Solution
Make the NBA 32 teams
6 pre-season games
Make the Season 10 games long
Start the Playoffs, every team gets in
First round is best of 7
2nd round is best of 11
rest of the playoff is best of 15
final is best of 21
Most games you play is 79+7 preseason games, thats only if you make it to the finals and play max # of games each round

Then it would be more inevitable and more teams would tank. Why would anyone but the Raptors, Cavs, Warriors and Spurs compete?

It was a strategic move. Why go balls to the wall with your starters and let the other team get a feel for how you're gonna play them in a potential 7 game playoff series?

cutting the season just a little bit would probably eliminate most of these problems. 70 games would be pretty cool. Hell that one year the season started late and only played 65 or so games and it turned out fine, granted it was 65 crammed into like 4-5 months but still. You hardly ever see a starting player actually play all 82 games in a season. I like the idea of dropping it to 65-70 games, and if they're feeling really froggy make the d-league like a 2nd tier division of nba where only the top 20 teams get to stay in the top division, everyone else plays in whatever "d-league" is called, have promotion/relegation shit. You wont see much resting then I bet.

I hope they get the shorter season after a year long strike and still rest players afterwards

I like that the long season gives teams a chance to grab that 8th seed, but when was the last time an 8th seed made it to the Finals?

Short season would be nice. 50 games total with an extended pre season so coaches can find their perfect rotations.

Because it's supposed to be entertaining above all else

teams are actively trying not to get the 8 seed

No you're supposed to win the championship.

>if a player is out a game, they must be out at least 3 games in a row on injured reserve

There. Less players try to game the system by resting and fans know ahead of time and can get refunds if a coach still tries to do the 3 game rest. Obvious excpetion for playoffs and players who have played in the Dleague within 10 games since they bounce around a lot.

that's a decent idea, as it still allows starters to rest against shit teams while providing quality marquee match ups even in the regular season

I disagree. The Nuggets, Portland, and Mavericks are trying to win hard for that 8th seed. Portland has Lillard dropping 49 points and going berserk on teams just to get in.

Also I heard on the East that the Heat are in battle with Pistons. They keep changing places every week.

But I understand what you mean, the 8th seed has to place the 1st seed so some teams wouldn't want that. But I think being in the playoffs period brings more revenue to organizations so it doesn't matter when you're so close to capturing that 8th seed.

The people in those cities who just used taxpayer money to fund new arenas would probably give a shit

>Watching the lanky nigger

The players also make extra money for playoff games and there is a pride thing.

>you sound like a flat-earther

Really, really makes you think.

No you idiot if the fans stop watching there is no more nba. These fucking spoiled cunts don't give a shit about the fans, inagine being some poor kid that your parents finally take you to a game and all you want is to see your hero lebron or steph, but no all you get is ian mcaw and richard jefferson. They think that what they're doing is much more important than it really is, all they're supposed to do is entertain people and they get paid MILLIONS to run around with a ball, they need to shut the fuck up and wipe their tears with their millions. Fucking spoiled apes

Hell yeah they would, might as well just cut the season to 60 and let everybody in the playoffs and you play for your seed in the playoffs. Nobody would intentionally tank if they knew they had a shot at it all.

Wtf did I just read?

Basketball's getting big enough to where the foreign talent pool could potentially support a pro/rel system in the US. Start small, split the top 2/3 of the league from the bottom 1/3 and add 10 expansion teams to the bottom.

the future of the nba my friend

Do FA superstars in pro/rel leagues abandon ship after relegation like they would in your scenario?

That's the way shit goes in the world. Everybody needs extra day off sometimes. If I was a player I wouldnt give a shit about some little kid not getting to see me play. See me on this bench that's $50000 now enjoy scruffy Tony filling in

Holy shit this is a good idea.

Nice, user.

Whoever decided to make nationally televised games with the Warriors and Cavs back to backs should be fired. Those should be played with both teams having at least a day rest since the back to back team usually loses.

>le cheeky tip ball and timeout
nba coaches do this all the time so players can keep their "consecutive games" record going

USA doesn't support lower leagues as fans. The relegated teams will lose massive income. No city will fund a modern stadium for a team in threat of relegation. No player's association will approve of something which will lead to them losing millions of dollars in salary from being relegated.

They have days off. You don't get to complain about how tired you are when you're swimming in money and can retire at the age of 25 and live the rest of your life like a king. They should care about the fans because they are the reason lebron is a multi millionaire and not serving fries at McDonald's

Then you limit how many players can be active. If you rest 3 starters, you'll be playing with an 8 man crew.

Yeah you do get to get extra days off. Try playing 82 games at the highest level along with practice and all the inconvenience of travel and get back to me. People act like being a pro athlete is easy, if it was everybody would do it.

oh duh
good point