Finally decide to check this show out to see what the big deal is

>finally decide to check this show out to see what the big deal is
>it's the fucking Big Bang Theory except for nerds/geeks/iamverysmart faggots who want a show about how they see themselves instead of how everybody else in real life sees them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NzOdQgQ2JI
youtube.com/watch?v=Hey4oH1Vcjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Welcome to the woke side OP. Fuck R&M

Tell me more about The Big Bang Theory. Is it actually alright? I've seen clips and its always been sorta blah. Am I missing something?

You know you have to have a high IQ to understand R&M....

BBT Started out as a decent premise. 4 socially retarded nerds who couldn't get laid, and all their zany antics. But once all of them got into solid relationships, the show just lost itself in every other sitcom trap.

>M-Morty, I *burp* you know I really *burp* need to tell you *braaaaaap* haha wow, that sauce didn't sit well with my stomach, Morty. What was I saying? *braaaaap* Oh right Morty, I really need to tell you something. I'm gonna be a pickle soon Morty, and when I am you need to put me waaaaay up your butthole Morty. Then you *burp* need to shit me back out. Treat me like your excrement Morty, it's the only way I can get off. T-this is *burp* important Morty, y-you gotta do it. Shit me out and dump the rest of your smelly load onto my knobby pickle body!

:3

Here's your (Gold).

This is just stupid spam by this point.

I like Rick and Morty. It's different and some of the jokes are funny. I've only seen 4 or 5 episodes of Big Bang but I have never laughed at that show. It's terrible.

Actually anything with a laugh track is garbage created to keep stupid people entertained and distracted

Any of it worth watching?

Probably the nost overrated show ive ever seen. The #7 best show of alltime on IMDB and beat The Sopranos. Fuck this gay earth. Shouldn't even have a 9, it's a 7 at best.

Stale bait.

AHEM, Married with Children?

Maybe the first couple seasons at best. Can't really remember when I stopped watching.

Would you eat a creamy log of Pickle Rick shit out of Morty's schwifty ass?

Stop being so edgy all the time OP
When the show started it didn't take itself seriously, the cancer started in season 2

your point being.
its not funny either
its watchable because the characters are relocatable... but its not funny

I liked the first season but then they started repeating gags and whatnot and it got repetitive and old. Also that user is right, once they all got in relationships, the show got lazier. I mean, yeah, the writers did trap themselves by doing that but they also started putting less effort into the jokes for more effort into character development but all its done is made the characters more boring. The show is only worth watching when the main characters are betas who get themselves into zany situations they must fix. And yeah, its normie humor. The first or two so seasons were atleast watchable though.

Married with children was a great fucking show.
Fuck you.

So its hard to believe that someone doesnt like the show? Its not that good, user.

But the difference is, BBT has a laugh every season or two. R&M has never been funny. Its insufferable garbage for manbabies. It should be used to torture terrorists.
This coming from an Adventure Time/Star vs ultrafan.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
Haha, I don't blame you for not liking Rick and Morty. You're just not smart enough man. Its deep. Its really complex.

That was my point! Laugh track and all.

It was definitely funny when I was 11.

You replied to the wrong user. That guy was saying it was a good show. The other user said that anything with a laugh track is garbage which isnt true. Married with Children and All in The Family were great sitcoms.

The show itself isnt too harmful. Its how overrated it is that drives me crazy. How in the fuck is it holding a 9.4/10 on IMDB? Its not even the best show on Adult Swim. Moral Orel and Venture Bros are miles ahead in quality. Too bad they arent as popular though.

First season and a half was actually alright (I studied physics), but after that it's like watching "gamer" girls on twitch trying hard to act geek.

IT Crowd has a laugh track
Not Going Out
Mr Bean
Lots of great, classic sitcoms have laughtracks

Why virgin nerds claim to hate TBBT
>laugh track
>mostly unfunny jokes
Why virgin nerds actually hate TBBT
>show gets millions of normie viewers to specifically laugh at four intelligent but socially retarded and physically weak/unattractive losers, which hits too close to home for some faggots especially since those four losers actually get to be with women.....unlike them
Why virgin nerds claim to love R&M
>it's a show specifically for intelligent people such as themselves....idiot normies wouldn't "get it"
Why virgin nerds actually love R&M
>it's a show about an intelligent man that gets to be an asshole to everybody without serious repercussions, and gets to go on sci-fi adventures with advanced inventions/weaponry and kill people without repercussions..a.k.a. the perfect dream fantasy show for virgin nerd losers

In other words....OP is right

Mr Bean was great. He never talked but is such a widely loved character.

Seinfeld
Happy Days
even bloody M*A*S*H had a laugh track, and that was only half comedy

To be this autistic

You know what's even more cringey than people who obsess over this show?
People who obsess over people who obsess over this show.

Movies were no good though.

>gr8 b8, m8

Not the animated show

If this was reddit I'd give you gold. If you were next to me user I'd shake your hand and buy you a drink

this, if you really hate the show, just ignore it and it will slide back into obscurity, another flash-in-the-plan Futurama clone

Ironically enough, those didn't have laugh tracks.

I Love Lucy is another great show

>Classic sitcoms
>Not Going Out

Pick one

Now there's the real animated show with smart jokes and smart writers. And dumb jokes. I should go rewatch futurama.

to be fair, you have to have a thorough knowledge of physics to fully grasp the intricacies of BBT's comedy in the first season and a half. kudos to you, my good gentlesir.

The early seasons with Miranda only. I hated it when they actually got together and shit

please someone post the greentext of the redditor dying laughing at rick and morty.

The first two seasons of Rick and Morty were great. Yes it's gone downhill and needs to end but meh, so have hundreds of shows.

Can you believe The Simpsons is still on? It's pure trash these days. Has been for years.

My thoughts exactly. Kind of the reason why I have a certain limited sympathy for hipsters. Sure, tons of people like the lowest common denominator media that gets churned out, but hyping stuff up as though it were an immutable universal truth is a terrible over-correction.

This was exactly what I thought about that shit show.

I don't need a laugh track to tell me when to laugh. Even if a laughtrack sitcom has some actual Comedy in it, it's few and far between. 90% of laugh tracks laugh at things that aren't even funny.

Also try watching that shit while you are high. It's so damn annoying having an audience laugh every 7 seconds.

It's a good show and that's it, nothing more or less. Don't obsess over people who obsess over it, you're just as retarded.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wua Lua Du Du," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>Actually anything with a laugh track is garbage created to keep stupid people entertained and distracted

Jesus Christ....I am so fucking sick and tired of laugh tracks in sitcoms getting so much hate, and being used as a scapegoat for the low quality of SOME of the shows that used it.

You're telling me that fucking Seinfeld was just as bad as TBBT, just because they both shared laugh tracks? Really?

Look, I agree that the so-called "jokes" from TBBT aren't funny. But that's just it....the JOKES are the issue, not the laugh track. Not the format of the show.

That's why I hate those stupid youtube videos of TBBT clips with the laughter removed, which try to "prove" that the show isn't funny. Those jokes are specifically crafted around the laugh track format. Of course the damn jokes of a laugh track sitcom wouldn't work the same with the laughter cut out.....the same way the humor of shows like Arrested Development, The Simpsons and IASIP wouldn't work as well if some retard edited laughs in between every joke.

For fucking decades, people rarely bitched about laugh track/studio audience laughter in shows. We had the best of both worlds. We had the Simpsons and King of the Hill, as well as Seinfeld and Frasier. There was no widespread laugh track hate. Now all of a sudden if I enjoy a show with laughter between the jokes that means I'm a retard who needs to be told when to laugh?

God dammit.....NO. The laughter wasn't put there to be some Pavlovian response-evoking shit that causes dumber people to laugh. It's there because decades ago, the people who made humor-based TV shows decided to simulate a live theater experience for the home viewer to add a more light-hearted atmosphere to the shows....and that format just stuck around for sitcoms until recently. That's it.

LEAVE LAUGH TRACKS/STUDIO AUDIENCE LAUGHTER THE FUCK ALONE.

"Ooh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. 'I'm my own grandpa' " is probably my favorite TV one liner of all time.

I even like Rick and Morty, but Rick is no Professor Farnsworth, and Morty is no Fry.

this is good bait....

>it's the fucking Big Bang Theory except for nerds/geeks/iamverysmart faggots who want a show about how they see themselves instead of how everybody else in real life sees them

This is accurate as a motherfucker

>remove all the beta nerd/socially awkward/"can't get a woman" jokes from TBBT
>make all 4 nerds assholes like Rick except without the sci-fi shit
>they still get women

Boom. No more claims of "OMG NERD BLACKFACE"

Literally a worse show than Family Guy

Personally, I like the show and i like the show mainly because it's kind of an interesting type of adult cartoon using gore and swearing to the benefit of the plot instead of going "Oh look we're shocking!" But that doesn't mean i suck the show's dick. It had some ups, it had some downs, the fanbase is so cancer i need to go to chemo,and I can see why people hate it.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty

It's a fairly solid show
Too bad the "I am very smart" fanbase is driving potential viewers away

I agree with you to a point. Classic comedies aren't spoiled by a laugh track any more than they're spoiled by being standard def. that's just the way things were made at the time. A sitcom in the 80s would've felt weird without one.

BUT... in the fucking 2010s... audiences have gotten used to not having them over the past twenty years. I don't know if I can see using one today, in a modern show, as anything other than a crutch for shitty humor.

Liking rick and morty is still better than being a faggot who spends his time hating rick and morty

Kekd

nickelodeon pls go

This show will be dead by season 4.

stop with that fucking faggot shit
youtube.com/watch?v=2NzOdQgQ2JI
youtube.com/watch?v=Hey4oH1Vcjg
cringiest fanbase in the world, worse than MLP

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. Theres also Ricks nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that theyre not just funny- they say something deep aboutLIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty trulyAREidiots- of course they wouldnt appreciate, for instance, the humour in Ricks existential catchphrase Wubba Lubba Dub Dub, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. Im smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmons genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. Its for the ladies eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that theyre within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Any man that cares so deeply about another mans personal interests is really just a fag that's obsessed with you

Say what you want about TBBT but its fans aren't anywhere near as cringy as R&M fans

Not it's not.

Damn nigga, it ain't that serious

Actual Idiot that needs a laughtrack to know when the joke is over.

Stop spamming this shit over and over

I dont get where people got this from, theres nothing smart about the show.

It's not one damn thing like Big Bang Theory......stop it

All this noise over a shitty Back To The Future ripoff

Dubs checked and logged

i hate big bang theory and like rick and morty, not sure how they parallel since big bang is just a "nerd" themed sitcom and rick and morty is a sci fi themed edgy cartoon

>want a show about how they see themselves instead of how everybody else in real life sees them
Thats really the opposite message that the show sends. I know some of those people latch onto Rick and Morty for that reason, but most of them dont realize the show makes fun of people with that attitude.

Rick and Morty appeals to the nihilistic intellectual. Knowing that someone else knows that nothing matters is comforting. You ever feel like everyone else is retarded and you're just here for the shit-show? Welcome to R&M fandom

It's pretty good, but doesn't do anything astounding. Anyone who falls for the meme of "you have to be smart to enjoy Rick and Morty" is retarded.

Though, anyone who hates a show based off an autistic fan base is just as retarded. Either you like it or you don't. Stop being a high school faggot who can't think for themselves.

I just don't understand why liberals love it so much when the two main characters are cis white males

/thread

what makes you think it's a show for libs?

fuck R&M

Because every autistic faggot I see obsessed with the show is a liberal

colloquial evidence, got it
figured you might actually put in effort, then i remembered where i was

lol

Is this some kind of a parody of Back to the Future?

sorta its just crap basically

I guess I wasn't that far off.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

That's the joke

wow ur fuckin hilarious never seen that copypasta before

All in the Family was good for a few laughs, by God DAMN did their ham-fisted political messages get downright cringey sometimes.

If I were you I would stay away from it forever. It's just a cesspool of unfunny jokes and fans who have a superiority complex despite having an IQ lower then the average downy.

Fucking lel at this

To be fair, you have to have a scat fetish to understand Andy Sixx's logs. The flavor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of eating da poopoo, most of the logs will go over a typical eater's head. There's also Andy's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his songs - his personal philosophy draws heavily from his dad Nikki, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these logs, to realize that they're not just tasty- their flavor says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike eating logs of shit out of Andy Sixx's asshole truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the bouquet of his creamiest, steamiest dumplings, which themselves are a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Andy's logtrain unfolds itself into their gaping months. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a BVB tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for Andy's eyes only. And hopefully I can demonstrate to him just how dedicated I am too answer the question: "Would you?"

True, but at least the show wasn't 100% one-sided with its political messages

Many people only remember the show getting digs in at Archie....but liberal Meathead got some digs at him as well