Underrated

underrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsnvNwlGg1o
nin.com/music/the-slip/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

top 5 NIN for me tbqh

Defiinitely but it lacks the thought put into most of the albums.

Nigga what

HM
TDS
TF
YZ
WT

TDS
TF
YZ
TS
GHO

Definitely the comfiest NIN

The Year Zero/Ghosts/The Slip era came out during the height of my NIN fandom so I'll always have a soft spot for those albums, even if they're not quite as ground-breaking as what came before

My top 5

Hesitation Marks (underrated)
The Social Network
The Fragile
The Downward Spiral
Ghosts I-IV

quit with the abbreviations.

can't enjoy the album versions anymore, they sound so boring compared to the rehearsal footage

youtube.com/watch?v=zsnvNwlGg1o

No abrevs make erething quick

>The Social Network
ain't NI- sorry, Nine Inch Nails

pfffffft

The Fragile
Still
The Downward Spiral
With Teeth
Ghosts I - IV

I find the lack of Still love concerning

This is my most played NIN album. It may become my favorite one too, not sure why. It's fucking amazing.

yeah knowingly broke rules don't care

what? can't understand what you are saying =P

I used to enjoy rehearsals more of The Slip, then I suddenly started liking the album versions more.

I feel like songs like Letting You and Echoplex are far better on the album.

1,000,000 and Discipline might as well be different songs, but I still think I prefer their album versions.

Head Down is far better on the album.

I really like how slippery and messed up the album version sounds like, rehearsals sound much more polished and cleaner.

>PUT THE GUN IN MY MOUTH, CLOSE YOUR >EYES, BLOW MY FUUUCKING BRAINS OUT.

This album is pretty edgy and dark looking back at it (in a good NIN sorta way), what was going through Trent's mind at the time? Not much is said about it, but it felt really dark to me.

it's just a movie refeence, like about half of the lyrics he's ever written. strange how most of the fans don't seem to realize it

Or, it's The Downward Spiral reference, seeing how that song also references Hurt's very lyric in its own title and in the lyrics too "I feel a million miles away".

Worth mentioning, but I bet you already know this, but The Four of Us Are Dying reference Twilight Zone episode by the same name

so was the title of Where Is Everybody. the Seed whatever version of All The Love also has some Twilight Zone samples. man's a huge closet nerd.

The dude also made the soundtrack for Quake/Call Of Duty and played tons of Doom during the TDS/Broken era. And his Twitter picture is from an old arcade game which he loves. Let's not even forget about that Less Than music video which referenced Polibyius.
And Year Zero's ARG is pretty nerdy too, the concept feels much more sci-fi than political.

I really like it when Trent's inner nerd starts showing like this.

>when Lights In The Sky starts

I WILL USE MY VOICE
AND I WILL USE MY FIST
TO DESTROY
EVERYTHING I CAN

(one, two three, f-)

Ghosts was ground-breaking in terms of it's release.

Radiohead did it before

Did what?
Release an three hour instrumental album?
Release fully free album? (NOT IN A SHTITY QUALITY)

What did they do before NIN?

>fully free

Ghosts wasn't this.

When did Radiohead use this selling model? Genuinely asking.

You guys do know that The Slip only exists as a free release that he made in three weeks right?

Its not meant to be a full, finished LP, just an experiment.

"Described by Reznor as “Garage Electronics”, The Slip was the result of an inspired three weeks following the completion of Ghosts I-IV. An experiment in working with a compressed timeline, the results make for a noisy, sloppy and exciting listen with several songs that have been live staples."

nin.com/music/the-slip/

>only exists

there's a CD/DVD combo you can purchase. it's supposed to be a limited thing but not really, you can still buy them at shows

And?

nevermind, I was just shitposting

bamboozled again

sorry, user.

>Its not meant to be a full, finished LP, just an experiment.
But it is a full finished LP, retard. Trent himself said it was an EP that grew into LP lenght.

Just because it is an "experiment" doesn't mean that it doesn't count as an album, almost everything Trent does is some kind of experiment one way or another, what are you trying to prove?

It's an amazing fucking album that Trent managed to amazingly made in three weeks, this doesn't put down the album, if anything it makes it all the more impressive, since I can't tell it was made in three weeks. And I doubt that anyone else would know that if they just listened to it.

I can't really get into HM and anything after that
idk..I think I just like his earlier stuff more.
HTDA is kinda ok

Agreed
>The Downward Spiral
>The Fragile
>Ghosts
>The Slip
>With_Teeth (or Still if that counts)
In that order

I love you, guys.

I am trying to believe it's you.

share something from the Vietnam OST so we'll know in time, please?

tront, is there gonna be deviations 2???

When's the last EP my man?

probably January 18 next year, there's a secret message in The Background World

Holy shit I didn't know that. That's a pretty clever little Easter egg.

Am I the only who feels like parts of this album were Year Zero leftovers? Especially the second half with tracks like "Lights in the Sky" and "Corona Radiata".

Not complaining I love those tracks but they have always felt like they were part of the Year Zero narrative.

Honestly, not really, the only song that fit into that would be "Letting You" but even then, it seems more like "March Of The Pigs" kinda deal

IT KEEPS GROWING
I CAN FEEL IT BREATHE