Hey Sup Forumsros so next thing is:

Hey Sup Forumsros so next thing is:
>be me
>go to best friend's great grandfather funeral (the family is from germany)
>mess around ol' man's room
>found a wood box full of shit
>open it
>nazi flag n' iron cross (the Ones on the pic) are on the box long side a german helmet and rounds
>ma_face.jpg
>take the insignia
>put box back

-are this real? I need to know if best friend is related to a nazi

you sound like a nigger, kindly fuck off

or you could just ask him instead of stealing his property like a nigger.

Scared as shit man

Why does it matter if his great grandfather was a nazi?

of what?

Dunno just wanna know

Then give the shit back and ask him.

Well anything related to nazis piss her of

Assleep or What? Sup Forums

Is your best friend a she? Because if she is, she is waifu material

I know all that since i meet her

Also readhead

By Odin's beard, she is a redhead AND also has nazi memorabilia? you must show me a picture of her. She sounds like an absolute waifu.

*knew* me dumb hehe

Is that you to the right? if so you seem to be a little young to be on this website.

Sorry for the let down

Ain't me is her bf

MODS

regardless, if your old enough to be here then you probably shouldnt be her "friend". b&

Why? i'm 2 years older

I mean, just wandering here to get answers

her any her "bf" look like theyre 12, also why in christs name would you post a pic of your friend on here when you wanted info on nazi shit? not only did you create the possibility of your friend being doxed but also being doxed as a nazi by some antifags, you fucked up, just leave

You are right

Being a member of the German army doesn't mean you were a party member. That's like saying everyone in the military now is a Republican.

Also you missed in age tho

What about the cross?

pic of box?

I'm no longer there

Standard war medal for a german soldier

And the other?

That's a Nazi Knights Cross of the Iron Cross. One of the highest awards for valor in the Third Reich. The ribbon is missing.
I wonder if its genuine?

Dang i strip it of

The skull with the dagger through it is some kind of SS badge from what I remember

Holy shit man, are you serius?

The insignia you took are family heirlooms, regardless of what side the man fought for. Man the fuck up and return what you stole, even if it means doing it discretely.

i'll do bro, gonna make aire of it

>CHECKED

Pic of me tomorrow

Stealing from your best friends dead grandfather is in extremely poor taste.

both fake as shit.

you dumb fuck.

I know and i am sorry

i dunno maybe it'd be better if she never knew her granddad was a nazi. I'd say more likely than not she acts like a dumb teenage girl and has an emotional breakdown. I'd just keep that shit. Ain't nobody gonna go sniffing around asking if anyone's seen their old nazi badges anyway.

You should return what you filched. You're gonna get bad Karma for that.

I know and i am going to pay up

chek'd but karma isn't good or bad that's not how it works. Also not real.

Maybe the old dude did the bookeeping at Auschwitz?

Heavens no

Yeah but there are for rizzle some SS bolts on the dagger so he was probably pretty nazi

My great grandfather died at Auschwitz...

he fell out of a guard tower.

Grandpa was almost certainly in the SS. He probably got decorated for murdering thousands of Jews on the Eastern Front as a member of the Ensatzgruppen.

lol

>nazi cross

i hope your stupid isnt contagious

What?

Not real, maybe private purchase stuff but not issued to a soldier. I collect and deal in this stuff.

First learn how to write
Then kys

Those are reproductions. The originals were not made to appear aged. Those in pic are very obviously cheap modern crap.

This is a ww1 but it should be the same. 2 piece construction.the rim is a separate piece. Should be marked with a small 800 on the rim near where the ring attached.

This is exactly right.

What about the rounds and the helm?

Here are 2 more examples of originals, yours looks nothing like these. Phony as can be.

G-pa didn't get the Knights Cross for nothing.

The helmet is probably original, no matter what you see on eBay they are not that rare or expensive. Got this for $30, which is top of the mark for no liner or chin strap, rough shape with very little decal remaining.

Hail mein gud lak

If you mean rounds as in 8mm Mauser rounds, they are worth what an 8mm round goes for. I have tons of ww2 german rounds and shoot them like regular, they aren't worth much. 75ยข

Also the helm had some thing carved in, it said ich vin Augusto

He said the grandpa was almost certainly in the SS. He probably got decorated for murdering thousands of Jews on the Eastern Front as a member of the Ensatzgruppen.

Or some thing

What the fuck man?
Why you gotta steal property from a dead man?

My grandpa had nazi stuff (SS helmet, luftwaffe officer's cap, 5x10-ish [tough to tell because it's shredded to hell on the bottom] nazi flag). He brought it home as spoils.

You should go back to your "best friend" and apologize for stealing his great-grandpa's stuff on the day of his funeral. Then the two of you can figure out what the dead guy did in ww2, together.
If he's still your friend after what you did.

Damm right you are i'll go tomorrow

Not sure, would need to see a picture. I have seen a lot with names in them and mottos.

Any aprox?

In German I'm assuming it would mean I am Augustus.

Cool

Thanks a lot

German here. The lower one is an ek 2 ( iron cross second class) not ek1. The second one is imo not an official military badge, but there are quite some similar pictures on google. One guy says it's some sort of communist anti war badge, but no idea if he knows what he is talking about.

I have the same ones, plus more, from my grandfather. I'm proud of my blood line. I have some ww1 medals from my great grandfather.

Wow, wat is a second class?

It's not original though. One piece casting I can tell from the picture should be 2 piece where the silver rim is a second piece attached to the black center and a cross hatch pattern on the center which should be smooth surfaced iron.

2nd and 1St class difference is ribbon or pin back.

It means it's lower and more common than the first class iron cross. It was handed out for similar, but less significant archievements.

Thanks

It's hard to tell if orig. Or not if you are not an expert cause they were made by different producers. There are original ek2s the size of ek1s and even brass eks afaik.

Well one thing to remember is everything had to be rzm approved. Unfortunately there are some weird originals around not just medals but everything else. What happens with those is since the experts can't agree they side on it being fake. So somebody grandad may have picked it off a dead Nazi but since some asshole who writes a book on the subject says it's fake, it isn't worth spit. That's the market though, I say fake because none of my buyers would touch them. Seen it too many times unfortunately, the story checks out but it still isn't worth a cent.