Was Hunter S. Thompson a libertarian/liberal/conservative/anarchist? I know he hated Nixon

Was Hunter S. Thompson a libertarian/liberal/conservative/anarchist? I know he hated Nixon.

Most liberals I know love him because
>pro-drugs
>memes

but he was also:
>pro-second amendment
>pro-Freedom
>pro-not giving the government more powers
Which are all things that modern day liberals apparently want the opposite of...

So, was he Based?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic
youtu.be/xrBR1YxfJf8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>why don't you try shooting something other than birdshot, ya asshole!
t. Hunter S. Thompson

No he was a huge degenerate

remember, redpill always leads to shotgun

he was the best degenerate

Hunter S Thompson was about experiencing what it was he was writing about. Everything was as authentic as possible, he may have been pro-drugs but he was very much anti-drug culture. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was not an amazing book, but in one of the last chapters he lambasts the hippies to an almost absurd degree. It's a very good section, I highly recommend it.

I would say he's about as based as they get.

literally as his neighbor is shooting him, and he brandishes a fucking luger.

youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic

fucking amazing

He has a book, Songs of the Doomed, where he spends a midnight in the top of a library snorting coke with Andrew Jackson and plotting against his court trial in like six hours

he also has a crazy good piece about the cuban immigrant crisis in Florida, which I had no idea about until now

When he saw a Hell's Angel beating his woman, he stepped in to stop it and got stomped to fuck.

>"only a punk beats his wife and dog."

Unless Sup Forums thinks wife-beating is Patrician?
pic related.
He was also defending your rights to bear arms.

He's a reminder that the left used to be interested in freedom more than politically correct nonsense. He rode that road as far as it would go, which makes him based.

Just looking at him makes all of the liberals today look like silly faggots.

that's not even that bad of a beating

It's the p r i n c i p l e
yeah, in an interview they said he should have just come over the next day and had some beers but he pussied out.

He also had an intense dislike for Jimmy Carter.

I'm inclined to place Thompson in the "Based" category. He thought for himself, for better or worse.

I'm not going to say some guy was super based for doing something people should just do anyway

>something you should do
>based
that's exactly what being based means

He was a free spirited lunatic.

Yeah, but being a free-spirit these days is reserved for 20-something girls who want to avoid real life and suck cocks in a foreign country during a gap-year, and not fighting for personal freedoms and meaning.

>why aren't muslims, blacks, and indians dead yet?

he was an unabashed leftist (supported mcgovern in '72 and expressed solidarity with marxists), but as noted, the american left was a different beast during thompson's day. unfortunately we're past the days when men like hemingway and hst were left-wing icons.

He was left wing beatnik journalist who in typical fashion hated republicans, family values, everything moral and good, and excoriated white gangs like the hell's angels and but loved the black panthers because he was a your typically white cuck with no foresight.

L

Libertarian with conservative tendencies.

>Trudeau supporter and user of black people's shitty memes

That pic is after he had set his own nose, it was pretty bad.

L
Hold it

This is amazingly wrong. He loved Carter.

Jesus. You're high.

He ran a Trump campaign before Trump was out of college.

youtu.be/xrBR1YxfJf8

Including irl shitposting.

HST was based but all his copy cats are just a bunch of numales

This is the American Dream. Gunfights with the neighbors.