Post-rock should just be called post-prog

Post-rock should just be called post-prog

should be called post-music t b h

No thats even worse

I prefer Experimental Rock Music as a term

>Experimental
>post rock
A handful of them are, most of them are just copying the same formula as the pioneer bands like Godspeed.

Just gybe though. Other post-rock isn't the logical conclusion to life itself like gybe.

unfortunately it's roots aren't in prog-rock

this guy has it right

get this emotionally dishonest album out of here. post something more genuine please

Doesnt matter its less autistic term

Post-rock is outright worse than prog as a genre, prove me wrong.
>long songs but much more repetitive and less dynamic
>generally far less instrumental proficiency
>more dull and dreary than most rock, whereas prog is more lively and colorful
>equally as pretentious, but lacks a sense of humor
>depends on the crescendo to leave an impact on the listener, even though prog has better crescendos (Yes' And You and I & Awaken, Genesis Supper's Ready)
>half of post rock sounds like an emulation of one prog song ( King Crimson- Larks Tongues in Aspic pt. 1)
the only thing post-rock does better is timbre since it doesn't use those goofy synth tones

On what planet is saying "experimental rock is my favorite genre" not a autistic? It's the rock equivalent of saying "I like serious music" when you mean classical music.

here's the real issue with that.
progressive rock is like two genres; mathrock wank and rock that's progressive and taking rock and roll to different territory. i would call gybe prog if that's really what it meant but prog rock is basically mindless wank

This.
Except, dick all matters when deciding how good a genre is except the effect on the listener; no genre can be inherently better than any other.

i myself am a huge fan of this album
what would you consider 'more genuine'?

>depends on the crescendo to leave an impact on the listener
Thats only shit post-rock like gybe
Good post-rock like TalkTalk isnt doing that shit

1st wave post rock is almost like a whole different genre. There's similarities and influence across the genres but Talk Talk's compositional process and stylistic influences are pretty darn different from the GY!BE school of post rock.

Pretty sure he means 2nd and 3rd wave, which is pretty cancerous stuff for the most part.

of course the asshole who likes post rock would unironically think that is a good idea

>the pioneer bands like Godspeed.
please stop

The name makes a lot more sense when you realize the guy who coined it wasn't referring to Sigur Ros and GYBE because they didn't exist at the time afaik. He was talking about groups like Stereolab, Seefeel, and Bark Psychosis - bands that used guitars for non-rock purposes, supposedly.

Who was doing what Godspeed were doing on F#A# and LYSF before them?

Damn, didn't actually know this.
Why the hell was it coopted to mean bands like GYBE? There's no way a better term couldn't be used for that sort of music if you wanted to throw a label on it.

Swans, Glenn Branca

Post prog already exists

Also Talk Talk, Tortoise, Bark Psychosis and in some ways Slint.

and a lot more really... Godspeed didn't invent shit lol. I still love them, though.

2nd and 3rd wave are great, dont be pretentious

Yeah no, gybe invented 3rd wave basically.

uh oh