Should homosexuality be considered a mental illness ?

should homosexuality be considered a mental illness ?

Other urls found in this thread:

carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, people just need to stop treating gay people like shit, it's kinda hard to stay mentally healthy when a sizable group of people want to treat you like garbage for something that's just a basic part of who you are, and don't bother hiding it.

Why?

Why would it be. That doesn't make any sense.

>can't into psych 101

sad t b h

Maybe it's the existential dread of knowing you're going to die of AIDS at the age of 34 or overdose on meth at a rawing party during pride week? Maybe the lifestyle is kinda unhealthy?

Define mental illness

Yes, because it is

low quality bait is.....

yes it is but people need to stop treating people with mental illness like shit

It's not the way you should have been born but it is the way you were born, just like someone with any other mental illness

People say it isn't because there is a stigma associated with mental illness, which is what is needs fixing

P R O J E C T I N G

Its not easy to stay mentally healthy when you are mentally ill and not receiving treatment for your medical condition

Browsing Sup Forums should be considered a mental illness.

When your brain does not function as it would in a normal human being

Damn, I forgot sauce.

define normal

Dude, if you're gay, or know anyone who is gay, you know that many gay men engage in really high risk behaviors that others do not.

Define "faggot"

Yes, sexuality is definitely question of lifestyle.
Idiot

This would be an awesome thing but there will always be some ass holes in the world who want to be angry about something or other

no.
you do you and i'll do mine.
as long as you dont try to FORCE your agenda down my throatn we're cool.
same goes for bi, non-sassy trans, trans in denial, vegetarians, religious people etc.

You know exactly what normal is. Dont try and play your game of semantics

Yup, that about sums it up.

Faggot - n. derogatory term for a homosexual man

Isn't normal the general health of the population?
So since they don't procreate it's unhealthy?
But we are overpopulated so no one gives a shit?
But obviously if everyone were to do it, we'd have to fix it to survive...

you need to get some fresh air dude

Normal - adj. Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

No. An illness has to cause harm.

Bi guy here. Never been to the club. Don't do drugs. Don't fuck strangers. Stay indoors and am socially introverted.

Now if you're a straight guy or know one, you know they engage in a lot of high risk behaviors that gay people don't like fucking strange women bareback they meet on tinder and snorting coke off stripper's asses at parties.

See? Generalizations are shit and so are you.

they dont.
90% of gays that I know.
same percentage as my heterosexual friends. maybe 2-3 % less max

No it doesnt. That isnt the definition of illness whatsoever

here's your sauce on xhamster

/videos/broccolibutts-teen-boy-cums-while-riding-a-fat-cock-8355006

Kek
>still can't grasp basic peg in hole concept
Die you aids spreading reject

So, normal as in listens to Rhianna, not giving it your all in school, having below 100 iq and watch stupid series on netflix to deny the fact that you're a mindless sheep?

Yeah, no. I'd rather not be normal.

like thinking anybody besides you is retarded?
yeah that is a mental illness that requires treatment.

>Yeah, no. I'd rather not be normal.
That in itself could be diagnosed as a mental disorder

I'm gonna force something down your throat alright.

Just kidding, gay people don't have an agenda other than being treated the same as everyone else. Unfortunately that constitutes "down your throat," as you put it, according to certain people.

Then we're both mentally ill, since normal people don't browse Sup Forums dude

>mindless sheep
dude, your tinfoil hat is showing.

>trans in denial
what

Yeah lets just have down sydrome folk driving and doing open heart surgery because that day they wanted to play doctor, and keeping them from doing so is oppresing them.
>remember folks, it's the whiny minority votes that should win

Sorry, too much Sup Forums. Nah, It's just that for who constitutes as normal gere is not giving a shit about anything but sex and booze. I'd rather be well educated and politically interested than being one of those people

>implying it actually isnt a mental illnes

Fucking degenerates.
Also these:

Oh wow, you're so unique and enlightened, user.

By the way, 100 IQ would be "normal". You would think an intelligent person who does not partake in pop culture such as yourself would know that.

from wikipedia:
>A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is a behavioral or mental pattern that may cause suffering or a poor ability to function in life.

YES, right now being gay is a mental illness because being one can hinder your daily life because of pressure from society and all of that.

But if gays are treated like equals and not harassed they can lead normal lives without suffering and can function in society no problem.

Sometimes the cure for certain mental illnesses is a group effort and not just a problem of the individual affected.

Im just killing time while at work. I come here because I can use the word nigger, call faggots faggots, and not get insta banned by a knee jerk moderator. There was a time your kind

It was just an example. You're the one here trying to brand anyone who isn't normal an autist

No, that's Bull$h!t

Have you ever blown your load while having your prostate bumped?

It's mentally ill to NOT want that. It's fucking mindblowing

fucking reductionist ruining good debates

I didn't say let retards do whatever they want

I said mental illness shouldn't have a stigma associated with it

depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, anxiety, homosexuality, paedophilia are all things someone can't help about themselves. they're all crossed wires in the brain and should be treated but the person who has them should not be thought of as a lesser person

I get what you're saying, but that would make other people's behavior the cause of "hindrance of daily life," not being gay.

It was back in the earlier versions of the DSM, it should be shoved back in

>a poor ability to function in life.

The whole point of life is to reproduce

being a fag means you cant function properly

you're allowed to swear on the internet kiddo

But they are a lesser person. The problem has been addressed

Only the one who is talking like an autist.

Humans need to reproduce like we need assholes on our elbows. If population control means some people want to get punched in the brown, more power to them

exactly what I meant. most of the gays I know think that I'm attractive, but they accept a simple no. a small percentage sadly fucking pisses me off by constantly trying way to hard to get in my pants or "in my throat". literally.

so if you are hetero and never have kids you are mentally ill too? what? also have you ever heard of in vitro fertilization, surrogate mothers and all that?

>The whole point of life is to reproduce
the whole point is the survival of the species.
gays don't reproduce, other "better" candidates can then do so. The species become stronger and better.
Still think there is a difference between functioning in life and the point of life.

Team Sup Forumsisex!

>femininepenis.jpeg
>imsuckinHERdick.png
>SHEhasadickbiggerthanmine.mp4
you get the point.

A genetic deformity

I agree with you that right now, we have a population issue, but that is besides the point.

The only reason to live, the thing we have evolved to do, is to create more life.

if you cannot do the one thing millions of years of evolution has forced into you then you have defective genes and should be treated

Thanks for refreshing my memory, user.

now your fedora is showing
*tips*

There would be absolutely no issue with gays if they were put in mental institutions to be corrected.

yes that's exactly what I'm saying, liking dicks per se doesn't cause emotional distress, it's poor treatment of the "different" by society that is the main problem.

yeah probably. that can happen for multiple reasons like sterility or being an autist etc

or simply not wanting to have kids lol

Would you trust a queer with a gun?

if the point of life is to do x, and you cannot do x then you are not functioning in life.

just because you are 99% functioning doesn't mean you should ignore the 1% that needs fixing

hell no

Hell I'm gay and even I'm leaning slightly towards yes. Anything that inhibits our most basic biological drive to reproduce should at least be considered a disorder. You can also argue for the correlation between being ghey and other issues like anxiety

That's a primitive view. We're the first species ever to actually be able to understand the ramifications of overpopulation. Also, homosexuality is found in nature so you can't argue that heterosexuality is the only natural orientation

all the mass shootings and shootings in general(or at least the vast majority, i didn't check) in the world were done by straight people, so yeah, I would trust them more actually

How is using "she/her" when talking about a transwoman the same as being trans in denial?

I know it's bait, but realistically it is. Humans main goal is reproduction, so anything in our mental state tar makes us not want to compete our goal is a mental illness. That being said, it's not like schizophrenia or DID where it's a direct danger to the person.

>implying there are literally no issues with heterosexuals
you would have to put EVERYBODY in a asylum, since there are always black sheep in every group.
thats retarded Sup Forumsro.

should have said "translovers in denial". my bad

I'd be fucking amazed if 2% of the population outgunned the rest lmao

Mental illnesses can be from birth as well as developed. It is still up for debate if being gay is developed or from birth.

the 1% is not a problem anymore tho, with in vitro fertilization and constant progress in the reproduction field gays can spawn and raise other human beings no problem

Well, then I can't see where the "denial" part comes in.

ok.
erase the trans in denial part and be done with it.
you won, I lost, i'm autistic, I get it.

lgbt is 4% in north america, i challenge you to find me a number of shootings by gays that match or even approach that % protip: you can't

carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity

I was only addressing the homo issue

No.
But even if you would, there's nothing in homosexuality that harms anyone or anything other than the feelings of backward folk. It genuinely baffles me why it concerns people so much if two guys wanna buttfuck eachother or two girls doing a two-way fisting session. It just doesn't affect you at all if you were to ignore it.

Unlike being a backward, conservative idiot. If anything needs to be classified as a mental illness it would be that.

>Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

wow that source is not bias at all lol

That is not an argument user, you prove no shit.
I have a 8" dick but that doesn't mean that everyone else has an 8" dick
>See generalizations sux :DD

>just the way they were born
Nope.
Over 80% of homosexuals say they were a victim of childhood sexual abuse.
Thats not nature at work.
Thats an incorrect mental response to trauma, and it needs to be treated as such.

/thread

No. Sex feels good. Gender doesn't change that.

But WE arent overpopulated, at least if youre European or white.
If anything, white populations are in precipitous decline and in danger of being overrun within a generation.

it was until some idiots talked society into accepting it, soon we will have to accept people believe they are animals born in the wrong body, so I guess that would make bestiality ok

If anything, We straight people are the ones with mental illness tbh. We are fucked up & we all deserve to die.

End of thread

Serious, genuine question, no hate pls.

Why is the rate of AIDS among gay men so disproportionately high? I'm bi and hearing stats like that make me afraid to experiment.

Because anal sex transmits HIV at an exponentially higher rate than conventional sex. The anus is full of tiny blood vessels that aren't meant to take the rigorous pounding of sex so they bust open and give you the bloody shit dick