Why is this album so underappreciated?

Why is this album so underappreciated?
I feel like reviewers really shit the bed here

It got good reviews tho

this album cover is so fucking stupid i can't

Have some respect for your electronic earth mother.

This and biophilia are her only albums that haven't had been critically acclaimed. So 7 critically acclaimed albums and 2 well received albums (3 if you count selmasongs) is a pretty good run so far I'd say, especially since one of the critically acclaimed albums is quite far into her career (vulnicura)

It's ok. Not great. I don't actually know what reviewers say, but I give it eh/10. Sometimes I go back to it and remember why I usually forget about it.

What about dr9?

It's stupid. It's also fun and vibrant, representing the music quite well. It's supposed to have a sense of humour, which I think it does. I like it, I usually like fun things.

Metacritic says generally favourable reviews so that's another one in the bag.
Also that's the most different andavant garde work she's done so I think it's fair to exclude it most of the time

Is Medulla really that critically acclaimed?

This.

Medulla, Volta and Biophilia all got great reviews. It's some fans who don't like them as much as her others.

I love all her albums apart from Volta, it's good but not as good as the others. I really like Voltaic though, the DVD and the CD, Bjork actually prefers the live versions too, she thought the album was just "okay."

I haven't listened to the live versions yet, but I could imagine it being better than the studio version, seeing as it's high energy pop.

They have "meh" ratings on rateyourmusic.

>rateyourmusic
Fans, as he said.

I unironically like it better than Vespertine

Looks like it
I think it deserves it

I love voltaic too. I've only listened to the CD and thought it was much more enjoyable than the studio version. IIRC it had a great version of Army of Me on it too.

So do I. Great.

>nu-mu will defend volta
fuck off

is bjork the dark souls of music, and this album being dark souls 2? misunderstood for trying something different, and underappreciated

Except here, no one tried to bash Volta for attempting to be more accessible.

The cover.

I actually quite like the cover. I think it would be better without the white outline though.