Do you ever try and comprehend the universe and this kind of shiver feeling?

Do you ever try and comprehend the universe and this kind of shiver feeling?

Whats that feel called?

Yup
Which is why I always have the National Geographic's "The Universe" high-res pic as desktop background.

As a daily reminder of being part of "the pale blue dot" by Carl Sagan.

Existential Dread.

We are nothing in the scale of the cosmos and time. Nothing outside our light cone will ever even know we existed.

The chills.

Just in case anyone is wondering, that night sky is above Lake Tekapo in New Zealand.

>Whats that feel called?
The realization that nothing you do really matters. You live for yourself, not for a sports car, not a big house, not a large pile of cash.
It's all fleeting and worthless trinkets in the grand scheme of things

It's being awestruck. Not being able to fully comprehend something does that to you.

it's a vast feel, the vastest of feels

Oh shit! Is that a Gurren Lagann reference?!

It's not dread.

I actually think it's quite a nice feel. Just wondering what the universe is "within", if anything, sets it off in me

The universe doesn't exist. It is just a thing "scientists" made up to sell books and make you pay taxes into NASA. We are living on a flat world with a dome over us that shows holographic stars, sky, etc etc. Everything you've seen on T.V or in books about space is photo shopped or cgi. When are you people going to wake up?!?!?!

As a kid I was laying on my bed & was wondering.
>vast space
>innocent freedom
>dreaming out of space & time
But then I grew up...

consdier - as infinte as the universe before your eyes is, the universe within us is equally infinite

but cgi didnt exist 20 million years ago

Many have tried.
>God
>Atman
>Tao
>Nirvana

All you can do is accept that it is indeed what it is.

awe

It's called the Fibonacci Sequence.