Was 2007 -2011 unironically the most perfect musical aesthetic times of our lives?

Was 2007 -2011 unironically the most perfect musical aesthetic times of our lives?

No, 2013-? is

>peak kanye
>peak bowie
>peak tay tay
>peak beyonce
>the maturation of the concept of celebrity
>all the shitty indie music that defined the late 2000s has evaporated and only a few standout acts remain like Joanna Newsom and Sufjan
>kendrick lamar rising to fame and dominating his genre critically like no artist in the history of rock music has
>shia labeouf

We are living through a pop culture renaissance and no one wants to admit it

IN DECEMBER, DRINKING HORCHATA

Those are almost literally all reasons for why 2013-? is fucking worse

Fuck your insipid celebrity worship culture

This Vampire Weekend album was trash desu.

No, 1990-1995 was.

I was on board but you lost me immediately at taylor swift

Name one better post-Britney pop star.

you sound like yas queen sjw trash. go kys.

ooOo ooOoOo OoooO

literally who gives a shit

When it became ok to ask a question like this on a board like this is precisely when music culture took a shit

>discussing the biggest figures in the music industry shouldn't be "okay" on a music discussion board

Whatever, redditor. I bet you thought modest mouse and arcade fire were good

this

>reddit spacing
>calls me a redditor
every time

>the biggest figures in the music industry
as cliched as this sounds they're just manufactured pop stars, they're more performers than they are musicians. They don't have anything to do with actually pushing the boundaries of music as an art form

>reddit spacing

Wrong. This is reddit spacing: . But of course, you wouldn't understand why

72-79 were the years I wish I were in my teens/twenties.

The only people who push boundaries in music are academic composers. Everything else is just a trickle down effect, incorporating small doses of experimental music piecemeal

>being this much of a false flagging redditor
Take your celebrity worship garbage pop back to where you came from

Things are about as bad as it can get right now. Music isn't very "musical" at all.

i mean i get what you're saying i think there's more to music than just classical compositions though honestly, and even if
>incorporating small doses of experimental music piecemeal
is true, there's something to be said for taking concepts established by composers and applying them to relatively pop-y-type music. aphex twin and autechre are good examples of this

1998-2001

I am The Waffler

>LIT SENPAI
>NOWTHIS
>BOUJEEE

yeah pop culture renaissance for sure

>Jimmy's Chicken Shack was the peak of patrician

>1990-95
>whiny faggots in flannel whining how bad they smelled
Nope.

Maybe if you lived in the fucking Pacific northwest

>all my knowledge of the 90s is from documentaries and interviews that recontextualize the 90s into grunge being the only aesthetic that existed then

include 2012, and yes.
literally perfect.

I'm always curious as to what drug is causing her pupils to be dilated. I think it's coke tho

I'd say it lasted from 2004-2014, but yeah, as the years roll by and it gets smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror, that period from 2007-2011 only gets more and more special.

S/t is still head and shoulders the best Vampire Weekend. As an upper middle class underachiever chasing Ivy League and Seven Sister tail all through the latter half of the 00's, that shit spoke to me like little else before had, and to this day is probably the closet I've felt any album has ever came to a fitting soundtrack for my life.

There are other, better, albums, and others still that I just like more, but that one will always be special to me.

"satire" that cringey needs to be kept in Sup Forums where it belongs.

>>peak bowie

>tfw I related with the main characters of Cloverfield and their lifestyle while others hated them

Yeah. Lizzie Kaplan's character was exactly the sort of girl I'd engage in all sorts of stupidity to get into.

I knew you'd get it lol. Yeah same here. Still do unfortunately, against my best instincts.

It's no drug, it's the camera flash

2007-2011 was a good time to be a mid 20-something former college dropout Van Wilder-ing your way through a visual arts program.

Fuck. Now I'm getting pangs of sadness about just how amazing it was to spend weekends gallery-hopping in Chelsea circa 2008-2010, before the High Line opened and made it just another overhyped piece of Instagram bait.

Now I'm going to go listen to TV on The Radio and cry just like Tunde in the You video over just how much we've lost.