*Blocks your multi-billion dollar TV deal*

*Blocks your multi-billion dollar TV deal*

Now it's your chance to shine hockeyfags!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194
m.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OvFy-rBYE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO22Z0T3qPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is the 2nd thread saying he blocked a TV deal on Sup Forums, but what exactly did he do?

He started a new epic maymay throughout the league that's really pissing (((them))) off.

popovich was the first one to start resting his star players during national TV games. iirc they fined him for doing it against the heatles back in 2012.

so why don't they just reduce the number of games

>MIAMI -- The NBA's most powerful man and its most respected and iron-willed coach plunged into an unexpected battle of wills Thursday over a basic tenet: A coach can decide what is best for his team.

>San Antonio's Gregg Popovich sent stars Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, plus key role player Danny Green, on a commercial flight home instead of playing them in a nationally televised game against the Miami Heat so they could rest ahead of the Spurs' Saturday home game against the league-leading Memphis Grizzlies.

>NBA commissioner David Stern issued a statement before the game started apologizing to fans and saying, "This was an unacceptable decision by the San Antonio Spurs and substantial sanctions will be forthcoming."

Everything started in that day.

Less money for everyone.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OvFy-rBYE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO22Z0T3qPE

isn't it sort of a catch 23 situation then

they rest players a lot and lose revenue cuz people get bored by not seeing stars

reduce number of games to improve quality but lose revenue cuz of fewer games

The man just does not give a fuck.

Except the spurs just find new ways to win
They have a deep bench

Why can an NFL team rest their starting qb in week 17
Actually any sports fan would want their star players to rest before an important game. I sure as fuck do
Except colt in the national championship game that was like the worst idea ever

>cut the league down to 20 teams, put the other 10 and best D-League teams into a second divisions
>worst teams from each conference are relegated
>only 8 teams make the playoffs
>no back-to-backs on the road
>start the season 3 weeks earlier

There, I just solved everything. Imagine watching Spurs/Cavs 4 times per season instead of only twice.

OY VEY

20 teams isn't enough for a country of 320 million people. The NBA should just reduce the number of games. Even cutting down only a little bit, like down to 70, would be better for the league.

this kills the jew

> saying he blocked a TV deal

The current TV deal goes through 2025, what you see is overreaction and memeing.

the irony being the Spurs still almost won that game

Why don't (((they))) just ban resting games. I mean if i ever take a day off work i need a doctors certificate, have NBA players do the same.

>catch 23
you don't know what it's called. and no, that wouldn't be one either.

The NBA is losing a lot of viewers for regular season games because of coaches resting players, though. It's going to seriously hurt them in the long run, if they want to maximize profits they need to reduce the number of games to guarantee that all the star players will play when healthy.

how desperate were you to post this that you replied to a post that it doesn't make sense to

He said "this kills the jew", implying that the league won't reduce the number of games because they would lose money. I'm saying that reducing the number of games would help them make more money in the long run.

you're a faggot

Not an argument

nice response reddit

He know what he's doing.

There was nothing wrong with Pop resting his players because 1) he rested his old players and 2) no one cared to see the Spurs (until now but even then they only wanna see Kawhi)

The problem started when other teams started resting their young star players. They don't need to rest. Lebron is acceptable because he's been to 6 straight Finals but other than him no one should be resting

We don't want your nigger fanbase

Does he rest them specifically on national TV games on purpose, or is it just that they coincidentally happen to be resting on a national broadcast day? Because one is acceptable and one is a purely nigger move.

I would play half ass like any tired or sick person would do when having to work.Hello my Mandarin friend.

>20 teams isn't enough for a country of 320 million people

Who cares? Shit-tier markets will still have their precious second division.

I blame the retarded scheduling of the NBA. No team should have to play 4 games in 5 nights.

Fuck you.
A coach should be able to have options as to who to start in his team, especially the way the schedule of the NBA works.

No team should have to play 4 games in 5 days.