When did Death Metal change?

Around what year do you think Death Metal evolved from the Thrash Metal inspired sound of the early stuff to this new sound that modern Death Metal has?

I'd say 1993 with Heartwork and Focus is when death metal truly started to divert from that sound.

Yeah that pretty much is it. Thanks for enlightening me.

Late 90's when SOTS worship became more prevalent than having good riffs

I always preferred the older style of Death Metal. Yes the newer Death Metal is much more advanced and progressive but I love the riff fest the wave of late 80's Death Metal had. Also I'm a thrash head at heart so I love the thrash inspired structure fused with Death Metal attributes. And the thrashy drumming felt more powerful than the blast beats modern Death Metal has.

Name a better death metal album.

Morbid Angel and Suffocation paved the way, less thrash influences and more focus on speed, sporadic tremolos and slams. OSDM focus were more thrash influenced, more sustained tremolos that last for 30 secs to a minute, surprisingly the fathers of Death Metal were less anti-religious and Anti-Christianity before the rise of Deicide. Lyrically more focused on darkness and evil as a theme (without religion) and also a tons of gore and violence.

This. I like The End Complete but Cause of Death is always the best Obituary album to me.

Obituary is trash though, lads.

Very unenlightened, this is the true answer

Still one of the best Death Metal records. The perfect blend of it's Thrash influences while adding to the Death Metal formula. Also has the most underrated Death track, Primitive Ways.

WHY DON'T YOU

PULL THE PLUG

Effigy of the Forgotten

CHOK O LIT

swedes ruining everything, as usual

When Euronymous died black metal became a big meaningless, purporseless, directionless joke, and so did death metal by proxy.

:^)

that has some nasty solos

Ha