ITT: Artists who are famous only because of their rich parents

Julian Casablancas

I didn't know this

Drake.

Her dad comes from a generation of bankers

and owns part of her record label

wow 3%, such influence

im gonna steal 3% of your bank account, who cares?
fun fact: 3% of all earth's people live in the usa

>banker family
>loved by altright retards
Hmm really maked u think

STOP FOCUSING ON TAYLOR lana's parents are richer than taylors and atleast taylor sings about stupid happy go lucky shit that a rich kid would sing about, she's not misrepresenting herself.

Lana however is trying to sell that she's all dark and brooding and that her life is so sad and hard.

frankie cosmos

Hideous

ARYAN GODDESS

frfr? Can we cite this?

I am not going to post a recent picture of her. I don't want anyone to have nightmares when they go to bed.

Who is this?

Eric Clapton didn't exactly grow up poor.

I would assume Lana Del Rey

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Oh, and her fuckbuddy here. Christgau destroyed the both of them. Lyl.

Kate Bush

His dad was a successful entrepreneur

or a lot of the classical composers/Prog Rock bands if that counts for anything

WHERE'S THE GOLD TAYLOR

I knew someone who went to school with Taylor Swift, he said she was a stereotypical rich jock bully. Think Trixie Tang from Fairly Oddparents.

STOP DETRACTING, THIS IS A LANA HATE THREAD

t. retard

see above

You mean she was discovers running around barefoot in a trailer park like Britney?

WHERE'S THE GOLD TAYLOR AND LANA

Natalie Cole

Nancy motherfucking Sinatra

Dr. Dre and Ice Cube were not exactly straight from the 'hood.

Fuck off. Rich parents don't make you sell 150 millions.

Joanna Newsom

One of the members of the clash

LDR looks like a horse
I want to hatefuck taylor swift really bad

Lizzie the coalburner lmao

all the members of odd future grew up in one of the richest black neighborhoods in america

Neither is Kanye but at least he doesn't try to fake the gat life.

She looks like Deborah Harry a little bit there

>Deborah
Any reason for not calling her Debbie like everyone else does?

There was this one time when Barnes & Noble had a contest where the winner got to have lunch with Carly Simon, but there were a whole bunch of rules about how you could only ask her pre-approved questions and nothing she doesn't like to talk about.

Well they're not trying to come off as ghetto to begin with. They're your typical hipster kids.

That's what happens when you've been a rich sheltered douchebag your whole life.

Carly Simon [Elektra, 1971]

Since affluence is an American condition, I suppose it makes sense not only for the privileged to inflict their sensibilities on us, but for many of us to dig it. Too bad, though. It's ok for "That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be" to voice a cliché, but not with that calculated preciosity and false air of discovery. If Carly's college friends are already old enough to have alienated their children, her self-discovery program is a little postmature anyway. C-

No Secrets [Elektra, 1973]

If a horse could sing in a monotone, it would sound like Carly Simon, only the horse wouldn't rhyme "yacht" with "apricot" and "gavotte". Why does Mick Jagger want her? Why does James Taylor want her? Come to think of it, why does she want either of them? B-

Hotcakes [Elektra, 1974]

"You're So Vain" left a nice afterglow--as Ellen Willis says, it proves that rock and roll is so democratic that even a rich person can make a great single. But except for the startling "Mockingbird" (buy the forty-five if you must) the album's most interesting moment occurs when Simon whistles. Need I add that her whistling is flat musically and epistemologically? C

Boys in the Trees [Elektra, 1978]

Carly generally makes marriage seem both more boring and more nasty than I've found it to be, but not on this album, where matrimony is abandoned for more adolescent subjects. Even the two please-don't-cheat-oh-hubby songs--the better (and nastier) of them written by Carly's hubby--can be interpreted by her younger fans as please-don't-cheat-oh-boyfriend. In a way, this is too bad--if Carly were to come up with an interesting song about marriage, someone less conventional musically than Carly & Arif might cover it and give Carola and me something new to sing along to. John and Yoko, where are you now that we need you? C+

The Bedroom Tapes [Arista, 2000] *bomb*

they aren't famous bc of their parents tho

This was one of those great comically ridiculous albums.

>married woman in her 30s with two small children decides she wants to be 17 again and appeal to teenyboppers

Also she was actually topless in the cover photo but Elektra shooped it because otherwise K-Mart, Sears et al weren't going to stock the thing.

I think I saw this album in a thrift store once. I thought "Lllllewd..."

His father was the founder of what is probably the biggest and most important modeling agency in the world.
Imagine all the prime pussy his son Julian got growing up.

Wasn't Anthony's father a pimp?

choa is famous because of hard work and dedication

Carly Simon always gave off that rich smarmy bitch vibe. Any female artist who has an album titled "Hotcakes" should be punched in the face.

Imagine being her cuck dad

True. They formed the band before they even knew how to play instruments. Hence why their songs are all just catchy shit.

What would Taylor Swift sex be like?

She admitted that she fucked her way to the top.

very whorish because she's a whore unlike choa who is pure

probably really boring

is this guy sponsored by reddit or something?

The Strokes also make good music so they're not famous only because of their rich parents.

It's not true: her dad bought a tiny stake in the company with small change. Besides, "rich" is subjective. I have friends who are far richer than Taylor's family but they don't live differently to myself and my family. Being a millionaire is nothing special these days.

What about being a billionaire like lana del ray? does that qualify her as rich?

False, she was literally ostracised at school. And she is not rich.

>father is a descendant of three generations of bank presidents and a stockbroker for Merrill Lynch
>not rich

>Being a millionaire is nothing special these days.
How can anyone possibly be this out of touch lmao

all indiefags apply

I actually like Carly Simon but that second review is hilarious

>pretty rich white girl
>ostracized

Probably really painful

Spy [Elektra, 1979]

This advocate of the fuck-around-and-fib-about-it school of post-monogamy ("Morality is what I can do and still live with myself," she revealed to her publicist recently) dedicates her latest to Anaïs Nin, and for once I think she's selling herself short--at her best she's sharper than Anaïs Nin. If she'd been able to maintain the shrewd, ironic, vengeful-to-loving-to-bemused pace of the first three songs, she might actually have made a case for her ethical theories. But after that she mostly seems confused. Anaïs would be proud. B-

Came here to post this one.