Is it socially ok to use an alienware laptop at college? Have any other anons encountered people using them?

Is it socially ok to use an alienware laptop at college? Have any other anons encountered people using them?

I have a MSI laptop, which is equally cringe. I've noticed most people don't care, and the few that do like the light up keyboard

Sure it's fine.
Just leave your katana at home and remember that you should take your fedora off indoors.

people in comp sci use them, maybe one or two were normal guys, the rest were your general Sup Forums/ don't shower people

Anyone who would look down on you for the type of computer you have is a massive faggot. Honestly if somebody won’t be your friend because you have and Alienware then you are dodging a bullet.

Normies won't give two flying fucks. You may get some people asking why you're not using an Apple, but that's it.

Nobody cares what kind of laptop you use. Pretty much everyone has seen an alienware laptop.

>Not bringing a desktop connected to a generator on wheels to school
fucking normie fagcunt

Now if OP was using an Alienware DESKTOP well then that would be a completely different story

They're going to know you're a gamerfag. You gonna bring your death adder mouse too?

> is it socially ok?
> i need "safe spaces" in my life

>not bringing your desktop everywhere you go

I have nothing to say about this picture, so have one of Audrey Hepburn in a PVC outfit

>Going at all

The thing that gets me most is the CRT monitor. I can only hope this is a picture of a guy who works their setting up the network.

But still, fuck

Are you actually worried about what other people think? Fuck that. Do your own thing b.

>those sandals
I'm gonna go with no, he doesn't work there

Just don't tell anyone here that you use a prebult desktop.

Why would you even buy an alienware laptop at all, let alone use one for college? You could use a cheap chromebook for school and it'll be equally as good if not better

i've never seen an alienware laptop at university. computer science students usually have macs and lenovo is popular because they're cheap. i come in with a $99 android 2-in-1 tablet and it can even run debian linux as a nested app for reference.

aside from maybe one fuckhead "object oriented programming" course with java, there is no reason to have one in class unless you're a stupid asian playing retarded "bunch of junk fighting 3rd person" games and usually, those games are all in chinese; those shitheads really don't do that well, always cheat on homework working in teams when they shouldn't and don't make it in to the major. asians are dumb, in reality.

>Sandals and socks
Seems apropos.

Unless you're in computer science, nobody cares.
If you're in computer science, people will care for a couple seconds.
I brought my MSI a couple times in class, when my Asus broke, only my group colleagues noticed.

I use mine for work. I actually traded a buddy of mine a Switch + Zelda when they first came out lol, laptop was only a year old. Never had an alienware or a laptop that was more than ~$500. Gotta say the build quality is very nice. Only downside to gaming laptop is how hot itll get sometimes, mainly the battery gets hot while charging, but I needed a 1080p screen for work and too cheap to buy something lighter.. I work with other IT people, they think it's cool but they all use work laptops, i'm going to see if I can get one so I dont have all these faggot lights going during meetings and not break my back carrying it into work lol

Nobody cares. Any 17" laptop might get some looks but unless you have a bunch of epic internet meme stickers nobody is going to notice past it being a macbook or not.

>leaving your weapon at home
How are you going to protect yourself, you dumb nigger?????

>asking why you're not using an apple
Lol that's such a normie thing to ask

Coding on a 13" macbook pro is infinitely more comfy than any windows machine.

You can set up on your lap or and pretty much anywhere, man-handle it without worry, someone else will always have a charger you can borrow [great convo starter for btw].

Lots of programming stuff is just easier with a mac. I've wasted days trying to get compliers to work properly on windows machines that work no sweat on a mac.