What did you do today to support this revolutionary against the greedy forces of evil?

What did you do today to support this revolutionary against the greedy forces of evil?

Hopefully the NBA banishes Pop to send a message.

He's got to realize his job isn't to win games but entertain people

winning is the best way to bring crowds.

Being a Perennial contender helps the spurs draw more than playing their stars every single night.

I'm pretty sure Spurs fans care more about a ring than winning a regular season garbage game

The NBA's needs are more important than the Spurs's

Maybe the NBA shouldn't be structured in a way where 16 teams out of 30 make the playoffs or have a sport where a star player getting injured right before the playoffs fucks you over more than playing badly.

than stop putting the spurs on national tv games or give them rest days before and after national tv games

>t.Adam Silver

Why would they do that?

Because the Spurs are one of the like 5 teams that the general public care about.

who cares? NBA is boring.

So they would want them as much in the limelight as possible

Science tells me the only solution is to cancel the NBA, sorry pop

why doesn't he rest his player against shitty teams and let them play against the strong teams for once? that way he wouldn't draw Silver's attention. But my guess is that he's a baby who's afraid of getting found out in the reg season

He's doing that purpose to get attention, like Kerr and Lue.
Players are exhausting themselves and risking injury to play useless regular season games.

how babied are current players? how come guys like Malone or Jabbar played a shitton of minutes for 20 seasons and never complained nor did they have serious injuries? or a guy like AC Green who didn't miss a single game in his career

nowadays stars play 30-34 minutes per game compared to +40 of past stars

These are some of the most competitive poeple in the world. when you play good teams you are going all out to try and win. playing against the retard nets might as well be a friendly scrimmage

It's because players are babied they can pull up a show like they do 4 night in the weeks, entertain people and pull up incredible performances.
Try to watch Kareem and all the pre 90 games, they are fucking snoozefest in comparaison to today nba, but players needs rest.
>all out to try and win

so you will choke in the playoff like the Warriors last year ?

>Try to watch Kareem and all the pre 90 games, they are fucking snoozefest in comparaison to today nba, but players needs rest.
you mean when the pace was demonstrably much higher than today?
today's players would end up dead in the court if they had to play 70/80s basketball

is it now common practice to not read the posts i reply to or are you just retarded?

>the pace was demonstrably much higheer thant today

You're joking right ?

I understood it in the wrong way sorry

>You're joking right ?
No. The data is there. Check pic related. Now that you're outed yourself as a moron, let me add some more arguments supporting that today's players are babies:

>not only they play with less pace today, but in the past they didn't have the benefit of having TV timeouts (the game wasn't regularly televised until the Magic/Bird era), so they had less rest during game
>Back then, they were allowed to play physical defense and obviously taken a higher toll on the players' physique
>before the 80s, players' didn't have the luxury of having the current comodities regarding transportation. In the 60s it was normal for teams to travel on bus

maybe it's a millenial thing, but players shouldn't complain as much because they have it much better than yesterday. The argument for shortening the regular season is that the games would get much more meaningful and create a better product overall

forgot pic

>spurdoras

Christ he is reddit incarnate

America's owner first monopoly leagues are a fucking embarassment

>how come guys like Malone or Jabbar played a shitton of minutes for 20 seasons and never complained nor did they have serious injuries
because of rule changes

the nba was a fuckload slower then

see When I talk about past players, I talk about PAST players. You two show your underage and think of early 2000s basketball

It's a common things in all sports, they're trying to maximize players game with making them rest, if the coachs are complaining to then there is a real problem.
Shortening the reglar season would be a good solution yes.

Pop is three steps ahead of everyone ITT
He knows exactly what he's doing and youll see in the finals

>if the coaches of the best 3 teams in the league are complaining to gain any minimum advantage they can
there, I fixed it for you. these guys will do anything to win, it's got nothing to do with being charitable souls looking after their players

because they are the one who don't care about the end of the regular season, they can allow themselves to throw matches
They even aren't the only one to do that (I have the Grizz in mind) but because the superstars are here everyone is pissed.

I see nothing wrong with that. It's not like the players are looking out for anyone other than themselves. Besides, if the team doesn't consistently contend for a title, the coach is usually the one who gets canned.

I don't get why NBA and NHL has so many regular season games. MLB makes sense because you barely run, but 82 games with so many back to backs or 1 day rests is crazy. They could look at reducing the games, but what they really should do is get rid of the salary cap. Knicks would dominate then. Also, why do our sports only have 1 cup competition?