APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

Starting in the 18/19 season they get 4 CL spots

> forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/03/serie-a-guaranteed-four-champions-league-spots/

I, for one, welcome our new Italian overlords.

We knew this ages ago

You should be thanking UEFA. This was more for you than anybody else. NOW APOLOGIZE!

>more for us
Why? We're in no danger of dropping to 4th on the UEFA list. We constantly perform better than Italy

So it will be:

16 teams from the Top4 of the Top4 leagues in Europe (currently Spain, Germany, England, Italy)
No play-off spots for them.

4 teams from the Top2 of the 5th & 6th best leagues in Europe (currently France and Russia)
+ 1 play-off spot for each 3rd ranked team in each of those leagues.

4 Champions of the 7th to 10th best leagues in Europe (currently Portugal, Ukraine, Belgium and Turkey)
+ 1 play-off spot for each runner-up in each of those leagues

No guaranteed places for the rest of the leagues, just play-off spots for the respective champions.

So 24 guaranteed places in the CL, the other 8 places will be decided by the qualification play-off.

Nice write up thanks.

>8 play-off places
2 of whom are from the non-champions route, leaving 6 champions from the rest of Europe to qualify. 1 more so than currently

Wait, I was assuming that they'd still be 2 rounds of qualifying for non-champions rather than just 1. Plus there is the EL champion to factor in

says a lot about the eplel

>billionaire league with incredible cash flow only just performing better than the most cash-strapped one team league of the big four

One team can do a lot for a coefficient. I'm just wondering if Serie A will still get 4 spots when France overtake them in 2-3 years

At least we can all agree the fall of the dutch is hilarious. They were 8th a couple of years ago

And it's just that run to the final by Juve that has things so close, literally the only time in the last decade you've outscored us

Could you even say there is a 4th team that deserves a CL spot from Italy?

>neverlands

>inghilterra
>portogallo

lel

>The city of Poortugal
Having Russia over take you kek

I'm sorry, Serie A

could you even say there is a 4th team that deserves a CL spot from England?

>spuds
>slipperpool
>ar5enil
>manchester $hitty

They deserve it more than Serie """"A""""

The PL should have 3, Serie should have 2. Germany should have 2, maybe 3. Spain 4.

So Arsenal and City don't?

Right, you're down to just Juve deserving a CL spot

I'd agree with this, but then Arsenal would be finishing third every year.

Like it or not Inter is coming back slowly but surely, Juve are already contenders to win it, Napoli are a good defence away from being contenders and like it or not 1 more spot for Roma/Lazio/Milan/Fiorentina is as promising as Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool/Everton

consider
>the results racked up over time (say the last 10 years)
and
>the amount of resources thrown into the club

you still think teams like Arsenal or Manchester City have a continental pedigree therefore deserve a place in Europe just because they waste their yearly budget on glorified, overrated trash?

You should divide UEFA into conferences. Just saying.

Well more so than fucking napoli and roma sure

>deserve a place in Europe
I believe they do because they finish at the top of the league. IF they finished midtable then they don't deserve to be in europe. That wild-card idea that was muted was the worst thing ever.

How often in that time have Roma or Napoli made the last 16?

Abu Hassan pls

The Serie A fire rises once again

Napoli put a better performance than Arsenal this year, they were tied in the group the last year Napoli took part to the CL and only got eliminated by GD

That's a terrible idea.

>Napoli eliminated
>Arsenal weren't
Not hard to see who was better

>Arsenal got rekt 10-2
>Napoli weren't

>How often in that time have Roma or Napoli made the last 16?
Roma 5 times in 7 tries
Napoli 2 in 4 (even though they bounced back in Serie A just ten years ago)

not that bad considering they run on a shoestring

Atalanta would do better than Arsenal at CL

Need some opinions from Italians
Which focaccia looks more appetising

or this

They got crushed by >Inter 7-1, so, no

Russia is unironically better than Portugal

this one
I don't like crusty focacce

bump

They're both shite

this one