Why is this album so highly praised?

Why is this album so highly praised?

You made this thread yesterday, and we told you.
Why are you asking again?

Did I? I must have been blackout drunk then because I don't remember that.

It's what The Velvet Underground WISHED they could've been.

Guitar music mostly. It's the notation and arrangement.

Listen to the guitars.

The interplay between the two guitar players is amazing - it's like their minds are linked.

One guitar calls out, the other answers - notes bounce back and forth, beating off each other in a rhythmic way

what

they're pretty different

gay

*reinvents guitar music*

Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it, but I can REALLY hear the VU influence in Television.

Your a faggot dude

stop picking on him I thought it was a fine comment

It's essential cool-but-kinda-creepy-unclecore

I think that it's because of Richard Hell and the Voidoids.

People are interested in knowing about the origins of punk, and Richard Hell always comes up.

I think Television is more listenable than Blank Generation, so that's what people know.

It's transcendent proto indie guitar god rock. It honestly has more to do with Built to Spill than 'punk' and I mean that as a compliment.

Because it's like Punk Rock and underground so it's cool but it also has some guitar solos and the musicians aren't complete shit so it's like the only album where guitar soloing isn't considered wanking since it's got so much punk cred.

Basically people are fucking retards

Because they made the strokes and radiohead possible

It clicked last week after like 5 listens. Very catchy late night walk music, really underrated vocals.

Because it is influential to many other better bands, mu won't admit that the album itself just isn't that interesting out of fear of looking pleb on an anonymous image board.

I will tell you again, user. If you're not a guitarist, you literally cannot "get" this masterpiece. Simple as that.

Jesus fucking Christ the absolute state of this board

Jesus fuck not you again

"Haha guitars" does NOT make an album GOOD.

Just because it's two boring guitar rhythms instead of one doesn't fix the fucking problem

I dont know user

t. non-guitarists

I don't think that is necessarily true. But I feel like it does make it easier to appreciate, the guitar work is out of this world. But the words and vocals and arrangements are great too, it is just a good album played by good musicians. The title track was recorded in one take ffs, and it's no G Em C D rinse repeat

>creepy-unclecore

Frank Zappa