Blade runner thread

Blade runner thread

I was so disappointed by the new blade runner movie.

I don't mean to troll. I know that sentiment is super common from trolls. But on the off chance that you believe me, i strongly recommend you don't waste your money on the new movie.

It was more of a thought experiment than a movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it although I'm a rather eccentric person. If you're capable of enjoying retro synthwave vibes, gray cyber-dystopia-noir aesthetics, and pondering weird shit I highly suggest it. If not, go see something else.

dogshit movie

I dunno, maybe it would be enjoyable if you were high. I'm not trying to insult it or people when i say that. I mean specifically that certain drugs alter your time perception, and if you were high on those drugs, the pacing of the movie wouldn't feel so off.

The pacing is a bit of an oddball but I was with the gf at the time and we spent most of the long bits doing young couple in a movie theater things so I really can't complain.

by high you mean tripping balls on lsd?

Well, i was thinking marijuana or DXM, since those are two drugs i am familiar with that cause time perception changes. But i'm not an experienced stoner, so there are possibly better choices out there. Which ever drug is the best, the goal would be to make long stretches of time feel shorter.

The movie has TONS of times where a scene goes on for way too long with the main character just looking at nothing with a blank look on his face while you're *supposed to* be imagining his deep feelings on the matter. And i don't mean like... there are a bunch of scenes where they draw out the deep meaningful stare too long. I mean... over half of all interactions in the movie, there is this awkward gap after a character is done speaking before they move on to the other character or another action.

I really enjoyed it as well. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It didn't feel like a direct sequel because of the atmosphere change, though. This was more raw, grave dystopian cyberpunk than sci-fi noire cop film. It's an immersing experience, that's for sure.

Excellent bait

I often get complimented for my trolling. Or called an oldfag. I've even been mistaken for moot in the past.

Well, protip: Don't troll. Just be a normal, polite person. Everyone will think you're doing some high level trolling.

Leon:you start a blade runner thread. third post is by some fag who thinks we need to know his opinons. you have a gun pointed at the back of his head...

.. why aren't you pulling the trigger, Leon?

*hops into your lap and hooks his arm around your neck and leans back*

Because that poster is charismatic and dashing and whimsical!

i don't think you're trolling, i think you're autistic

movie was pure art. amazing. it was long though - i don't read about or watch previews, so i didn't know it was 2:45
not necessarily griping about that either. no good movie is too long.
felt a void left after being there, sucked in for so long. joiless.

I think we've found the replicant. let's just wait four years, to be sure.

if David Lynch made films that beautiful, people wouldn't mind that they didn't make any sense.

2049 stunk

Search your hearts. You know it to be true

Over the last week, the rating of 2049 has slowly been going down.

And i'm wondering what happened there.

Did a bunch of people see it and love it and were just a crazy bunch of outliers?

And i'm not simply assuming they're wrong because i disliked the movie. Box office-wise, it's bombing.

>buys a Sup Forums past for 5 years in a row
>is an idiot

I don't know who you think you're trying to convince. It's a drop in the bucket for anyone who has a job - the vast majority of all adults. I mean, i could see it being big money for a 5 year old. 20 bucks a year. That's walkin' around money to a 1st grader.

OP here you fags, i wanted wojak memes not your fucking critique on the new movie