Why do police waste time chasing people who grow harmless plants?

Why do police waste time chasing people who grow harmless plants?

Other urls found in this thread:

drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's the law

They earn money that the government will never see.

>Thread

People are dumb.

Those are not harmless, marijuana destroys lives.

No, the drug war destroys lives worse than the drug. Do you even into cause and effect

laws are made up on a whim and mercenaries are hired to enforce them

>harmless

Bullshit, people who simply say that think so coz the goverments say so... But the people who say that are simply ill informed and sadly ignorant to the facts...

>taking the bait

Is this a joke

My cousin snort too much weed and died

Because they're greedy cops as bad as Jews.

well duh
you don't snort weed
you inject it
you're cousin is a moron

Oh newfriend lurk more

Fellas, is the law gay?

kinda had to, I'm out of marijuanas to inject rn

It is an evil drug and it needs to be destroyed!

Its the law.
It creates revenue.
To maintain the status quo.

All you mindless fucks would suck baby dick if it was law.

Thought the general population was supposed to decide what is considered lawful? Not an old man who wanted to create more jobs thus outlawed a plant in the height of consumption.

Jews wrote this law

because its the law and they cant be seen obviously ignoring a drug issue, even if the issue is caused by the government to begin with

what a bait thread hhhahahahahaha

drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place

Seriously wasn't. I'm furious. Why outlaw a fucking plant. THC is shaped the same as 2 naturally occuring neurotransmitters that occur in the body. Gonna outlaw them too?

>Thought the general population was supposed to decide what is considered lawful
that's not how a republic works

Who is repubic

It's simple. Money. You fuckin idiot

Did you just assume our gender?

U

They make a lot of money doing it, they can use it as a premise to steal all of their money and property while charging them administrative legal fees and forcing them to pay money for drug testing and counseling.

cause of the fuckin irrational man-made laws.

So true, cannabis is the opposite harmful, its incredibly helpful and productive not just neutral to causing harm.

I nearly got kicked out of my apartment because they found a bong and about £20 worth of weed in my living room when the landlord inspected property. It's fucking stupid.

Weed took me off anti-depressants and it helped me with my general anxiety disorder. I can't believe it's so demonised, weed isn't what ruins people. People who become useless stoners were useless lazy fucks to begin with the weed didn't change them. I smoke every single day and I run a business turning over £300K a year!

jews law

how do police treat weed smokers in britbongland?

Rape doesn't hurt anyone either but it's still against the law.

>makes 300000 a year
>has a landlord
You must be horrible at handling money

cseti

More criminalized than Heroin
Heroin addicts just get methadone, stones get bonged

Turnover isn’t profit and not all people buy houses

Niggers really love weed

turnover of 300K not profit of 300K lrn the difference.
Choose to rent until I have a deposit large enough to get a mortgage at lowest interest rate and favourable repayments. Makes sense in the long run and I'm quite happy where I'm at for the time being.

Ita big money now that Trump and Sessions have allowed much looser seizures. Grow one sprout lose your home, business, car, income forever.

Then why don't you move to an apartment with a more tolerant landlord? I mean fuck, I feel your pain, but with that kind of income you have no excuse. You could rent a shitty property somewhere for the sole purpose of drug use if you really wanted to.

Police enforce the law, that's their job. Marijuana is currently against the law in many places due to historical and social factors. Your real question is why don't law makers legislate to legalise or decriminalize marijuana. The answer is that in the majority of progressive Westen countries they already are. However, passing legislation is an inherently slow process owing to the political, bureaucratic, and resource burdens faced. This is multiplied by the controversiality of the issue in question and the cumulative amount of other issues that the legislature has to deal with at a given time.

tl;dr: Police are not the problem, lawmakers are, but they are currently solving it, just slowly like they solve every problem, especially controversial ones.

Yet you still smoke weed. What are you running from? Who touched you? What was her name, the one you cry over. What are you suppressing?

chasing stoners is easy. baked people aren't very discriminating and often can't tell that they reek of smoke.

consider this. you're a cop manning the phone lines on a saturday night and you get two calls from angry old ladies who can't mind their own business. one old lady is complaining about a flat full of stoners who are listening to Frank Zappa.

the other old lady is complaining about a flat full of drunken flatheads who are listening to Cold Chisel.

both old ladies claim the parties are getting violent (which is obviously shit - you will never see a group of stoners get into a fight unless they've been drinking heavily as well).

you have to take one of these calls: which party do you want to go to? deal with the confused and hungry stoners, or the drunken, angry and violent Barnsey fans?

arresting stoners is easy. also, cops don't arrest people for breaking laws: they arrest people for an abstract that i'll call "glory".

some cunt stole your bike. that's nice, but there's no glory in it for the cops, so they'll pretend to care and then forget about it.

there's a bit of glory in stopping a drunken brawl, but it's dangerous, messy and they'll just be back at it next week, because booze is legal.

arresting dope smokers is like shooting dairy cows with a rifle and sniper scope. it's eeeeeeeeeaassssssy.

>with that kind of income
He never told us his personal income, 300k doesn't go far for commercial rent, employee payroll, insurance, taxes, utilities, etc..

I live in Massachusetts where weed was recently legalized. Overall a good thing I think since that money is better spent elsewhere, but I have noticed more people smoking while driving which is technically illegal and can get you an oui/dui and more people doing obnoxious shit like smoking at the park where little kids are playing which should be an arrest able offense. The sheer annoyance factor of some marijuana fans is enough to justify criminal prosecution and inprisonment

>Who touched you?

Hahaha I'm not supressing anything I just prefer smoking a little in the evening to relax. Some people have a glass of wine or a beer, I have a smoke. Works for me, keeps me nice and chilled and no hangover.

stoned people drive really slowly. that's probably a good thing.

Money. Greed. Power.
Asset forfeiture allows them to size any money they want to use anyway they see fit.
B-but what about all the other drugs they could be stopping?
Those criminals typically shoot back.
You raid some hippies at a pot farm and you're alot safer than ' no shooting the tweekers we're going into a methhouse with tons of volitile chemicals.'
Also more money to steal or sieze from non tweeks

I love the apartment man I've been there a while and it's home. The letting agents recently changed and they are a lot more on it with inspections and shit, and I didn't think and got caught out.

It's all good though because they need to give notice to me 24/48 hours before entering so I can just clear it away and put some air fresheners on haha

research from Australia in the 1990s showed that stoned drivers were ever so slightly safer than sober drivers.
relax, massanon, they'll get over it eventually

this guy gets it.

The business is 3 years old and clothing retail, so very stock heavy. I've got about another 2 years until the business has enough budget with my suppliers get profit in season instead of paying down stock in season and cutting into my margin. It's all down just a case of building up the cash in the business so you can pay for stock before it arrives so you can cream off the profit. It'll get there mayne

Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money

Stoned people are usually fucking stupid too and shouldn't be driving after a certain level of intoxication. The worst part is the people who won't admit that pot makes them dumb. It's obvious to everyone except themselves, but they have some kind of conciete about not admitting it, something similar to retarded teenagers who act like they can drink massive amount of alcohol without getting drunk.

>smoking at the park where little kids are playing which should be an arrest able offense
>been huffing cig smoke in public for decades.

Stoned people are usually fucking stupid too and shouldn't be driving after a certain level of intoxication. The worst part is the people who won't admit that pot makes them dumb. It's obvious to everyone except themselves, but they have some kind of conciete about not admitting it, something similar to retarded teenagers who act like they can drink massive amount of alcohol without getting drunk

>relax, massanon, they'll get over it eventually

yeah, but i'll be dead of old age by then, fuck it.

Been smoking 2 years and it's made me more clear headed and productive. I think it's more of a person to person thing. As long as you have a good diet and don't mix with alcohol or other drugs.

just out of curiousity, are you drunk right now?

I agree with this. It may very well be a lot less dangerous than alcohol and driving, but at the same time I've witnessed them do stupid shit like stop at a sign and forget to look. Also, when people say they drive slow, that's not always safe. Matching traffic patterns is what's safe, nobody would argue that merging onto a highway at rush hour 20mph under the speed everyone else is doing is safe for example

The law is a massive faggot

perhaps quicker than you think

You've got some horrible drivers as stoner buddies.
Nearly all the 20k miles on my car are technically dui.

kek

What am I looking at?

No, just don't post much and don't quite have the hang of it

Either this is some x layers deep irony or bait. Maybe both. But as these people are too stupid for their own good, we may never know

Well definatly clickThe numbersAs much As Possible

Most marijuana users are worthless pieces of shit. Not saying its the marijuana causing it, just an observation.

So do I, and with alcohol, and I've never had an accident. 2 duis by way of checkpoint though. Doesn't mean what I was doing was as safe as driving sober. Shit, my dad's gone his whole life without an accident and he drinks and drives at least 5 times a week. Races cars at a track while drinking too. Again, doesn't mean it's as safe as if he were sober

the graph of alcohol consumption returning to pre-Prohibition levels after repeal, and a bump probably related to the War on Non-Bourgeois Drugs. backward, sorry

Sounds more like a conjecture and selection bias than an observation. Observations are at least quantifiable.

I inject 27 marijuanas in one day gitgud

It's subjective. You'll find lazy piece of shit stoners were also lazy pieces of shit anyway.

/thread

Oregon Rec Grower here making 6 figures doing it and this man is correct. I know several people who had all their shit seized back in the day for growing a plant. Take all your money, houses etc.

Lable your fucking graphs, wasn't this lesson 1 in graph making class?
Even with the extra context of prohibition 'gallons' doesn't tell me anything. Gallons of boos Per person?

>USA =\= Free Country
>Very very far from a "free" country
>So far from it, you're not even on the same playing field
>Not even in the same city
>Not even in the same country
>Galaxy
See where I'm going with this?
The good ole US of A. Think you live in a democracy? Hah! Think you have free will? Hah! Think you're the land of the "free"? Only when you realize you're only free to do what your government allows you, are you really free.

It's clearly gallons of nerve gas per Sup Forums

This is true, had it happen, hence not making 6 figures for the past 3 fucking years.
All so they could steal 50k and administrative fee us for another 15k.
Or have waited 2 months and I would have paid 2x more to the county in taxes but they would of had to share it.

free to do what you're told and salute the flag

Only some of what you're told some of the time, if they feel like it, sometimes.

It was banned cause paper from trees gives profit. It was a filthy scam and almost every country signed the bill

Grow operations tend to use tremendous amount of water and energy as well, maybe not the best use of our limited resources. Real estate prices get jacked up too, bad news for lower income peoples in a place like mass where rent prices are already ridiculously high

Because only idiots smoke weed. Tbh cops do the gene pool a favor by locking up illegal growers so that their best years during which they would have found a partner and made kids get wasted behind bars.

I am not American.

Because it's their job
The problem is authority.
The police department gets to sell the forfeitures they steal as well

for money, idiot

Because idiots like this get to vote.

why do people who grow harmless plants waste time complaining about police when they could be growing harmless plants stealthily

Daily reminder that the opportunity for a peaceful reform of drug laws has passed. Now is the time for violence. The best way to effect change is to direct violence at the police to make them afraid to enforce drug laws for fear of being gunned down at any time.

This idiot thinks that grow ops are responsible for increased housing prices.

>Why do police waste time chasing people who grow harmless plants?
>harmless plants
try again dickweed

if you're a douche that has a whole plantation and intends to sell it to others, you should be arrested and penalized up the ass for a few years.
if you grow it for yourself, however, you should be fine.