ITT: recent purchases

ITT: recent purchases

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/3x5qef/grimes_art_angels_vinyl_embossed_cover_and_great/
youtube.com/watch?v=s1snLJQoglM
youtube.com/watch?v=bExTUfipLoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

whats the appeal of grimes? I tried to listen to that album and it did not sound impressive at all.

listen more

Why would you buy a physical version of this album? It's so ugly.

(forced) meme status

but it doesn't sound good

uwu

>$4.99
Poor Bjork.

>they fell for the cd meme

why did I just imagine someone cumming on the jewel case when I read "pre-owned"?

>he fell for the digitally mastered album on an analog format meme

>10 / 2 / 8 / 1

not samefag, one of those are mine, on mobile now tho so can't prove it

huh, sure.

the cases are beat to shit but the CDs are in perfect condition. I'm gonna go back and get homogenic tomorrow

where are you going?

>scooby-doom

I'm not fan of her older stuff, but I like Art Angles a lot.

She does really catchy and memorable melodies.

ITS GOOD SCOOBYDOOM OKAY

local record store

fuck you

Bullmoose?

Dimple Records in Sacramento

Ah. The stickers and prices are identical to Bullmoose in the Northeast.

listen to Visions instead, Art Angels wore real fucking thin after about 5 listens

Art Angels > Halfaxa > Geidi Primes > Visions

but no, AA is seriously fucking annoying to me now and I don't know why

got this on ebay for like $5

pretty cool find, should be rare and collectible when richard dies :,(

>annoying
maybe you're too much of a plebian hehehe

Why

To Magic
2 Magic

2 compilations of artists on the "ProphecyBC" record company, best known for Alcest.

Pretty weird find, only £2 each

Picked up some cds today

The correct ranking:
Visions > Art Angels > Halfaxa > Geidi Primes

I need more Cure and Siouxsie records.

You said you liked Art Angels a whole lot more, what happen

bump

Check it

Why are you pumping recent purchases

to see recent purchases

They were $2 each at goodwill

It's literally viral marketing. Don't fall for it.

There's real people here

I was a diff user. I like both almost equally, but Visions is slightly better because of dem feelz.

reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/3x5qef/grimes_art_angels_vinyl_embossed_cover_and_great/

Don't listen to this paranoid idiot She actually makes great music.

>whats the appeal of grimes?
Her music.

>I tried to listen to that album and it did not sound impressive at all.
Try a different one of her albums. Just about the only thing pretty much everyone agrees about them is that they each appeal to people in VERY different ways. One of the others might be up your alley.

No, it's literally marketing. Grimes has been posting her music on Sup Forums since the earliest days of her career.
And no, it's not good music, that's why she has to viral market it.

Viral marketing would achieve almost nothing if she really had bad music. You can't fool people in the long term. Do you really believe she paid the entire music press to write positive reviews about her music and shows? How delusional could you be? At least be honest and admit that you simply don't like her music.

BTW...
>And no, it's not good music
That's subjective. Not an argument.

i wonder if kev has seen this

What is this

not so much purchases as muh backlog

>Viral marketing would achieve almost nothing if she really had bad music.
You are clueless. Do you have any idea why Justin Bieber got so popular?

And I never said I didn't like her music, I just said it was bad.

My farts are subjectively the best music in existence, so fuck off.

>posting some music on the music board is viral marketing
>posting some other music is not

Bieber is just one of the rare exceptions. For every Bieber there are millions of obscure artists. Bieber gained an audience by singing something relatable to that audience + a big marketing budget. Meanwhile Grimes got success mostly through word of mouth because her music is really good and people like to share that. Her indie label (4AD) isn't rolling in money.

>My farts are subjectively the best music in existence, so fuck off.
May your farts explode while you're at toilet, jackass. Fuck you.

A Crywank vinal and shirt.

i remember being on spottily when it came out there were ads for it constantly

Honestly, you are not suppose to like it when you first listen to it, Grimes has said so herself. It's an intense grower though.

I didn't like her voice/get her music when I first listened to it. It helps to listen to remixes, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1snLJQoglM

youtube.com/watch?v=bExTUfipLoE

Visions>Art Angels>Geidi Primes>Halfaxa

damn son

Visions=Halfaxa>Art Angels>Geidi Primes

And purchases in this month.
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I don't listen to any of this stuff but I'm happy you're able to pursue your interests in physical copies of media you enjoy user

have fun

Bieber, and every pop artists being played on the radio today are about as good as Grimes. Both reached their fanbases through marketing.

>through word of mouth
No. Viral marketing. Also, she had Spotify ads, and her music was released at 4AD, which is hardly obscure.

>Her indie label (4AD) isn't rolling in money.
It is. It's one of the most popular indie labels.

It is when your career is built upon viral marketing.

You like that, bitch?

>you are not suppose to like it when you first listen to it, Grimes has said so herself
She's basically telling you to force yourself to listen to her stuff until you like it. I have to admit, Grimes is good when it comes to marketing.

>Bieber, and every pop artists being played on the radio today are about as good as Grimes. Both reached their fanbases through marketing.
OK, you're in full bait mode. The conversation is over, memester.

>martyrdöd
Saw them live this weekend

>She's basically telling you to force yourself to listen to her stuff until you like it.
Her music is too sophisticated to be appreciated after just a couple of listens. Like a fine wine it takes some time to get into it. You don't even need to force yourself to like some supremely catchy songs like Oblivion, Realiti, Be a Body, Flesh Without Blood, Genesis, Devon, Rosa, Kill V. Maim, Circumambient. There's something wrong with you if you dislike such melodic pieces.

>No. Viral marketing. Also, she had Spotify ads, and her music was released at 4AD, which is hardly obscure.
>artist used ads to reach the masses like any decent artist does
>artist used an indie record label to release their music
>VIRAL MARKETING
Grow up, hipster kid. It's absolutely normal to advertise your fucking music. It's absolutely normal to use a label to sell your music. Otherwise how are people supposed to find about that artist from millions other artists?

I'm not wrong. I guess I spotted the Grimes shill.

Her music is not sophisticated. It's very accessible pop music.
I don't dislike her music, I just acknowledge that her music is bad and not noteworthy. And also that her music is not inaccessible, quite the opposite, it's literally pop. I'm sorry you have fallen for her marketing techniques because her music is nothing like Wine.

It's not normal however to build your career upon spamming Sup Forums with your music, which she did. She has admitted posting on Sup Forums and advertising her music herself here. Viral. Marketing.
Now fuck off shill.

>how are people supposed to find about that artist from millions other artists?
By making good music on the first place.

>Grow up, hipster kid

1080p remastered Come To Daddy/Windowlicker videos when

WHY IS OPS PICTURE FROM REDDIT THIS IS A RECENT PURCHASES THREAD

>tfw grew out of the vinyl meme
sold my turntable and bought a bunch of cds with some of the money, they should be here by thursday

aren't you special

>Finntroll
fucking yes my man, first time ever I see them posted here, love it.

++Can, Immortal,Burzum

that's what my mommy tells me :)

kek

>anything that is viral marketed is automatically bad

>outkast love below/speaker boxx cd
>QOTSA villians cd (variant cover)
>QOTSA like clockwork cd
>dj drama third power cd
>vega int night school LP
>justice across the universe cd

all in the last week and now I save my money until alvvays and metz releases

The mastering on the CD version of Debut is absolutely god-awful so I can see why it was only $4.99, weird about Post tho

Every day.

Just bought the greatest jazz album since the 2000's :) ;D

Great album

>It's not normal however to build your career upon spamming Sup Forums with your music, which she did.
She didn't do that, delusional idiot. Her fans simply talked about her music. According to your dumb logic The Beatles fans, DG fans, AnCo fans, Radiohead fans etc are also viral marketers because they discuss their music so much. Get over yourself.

Bump

t. Grimes at work

Her music is fucking stupid, but she's successful cuz all beta fags are in love with her autism.

Halfaxa > Geidi Primes > Visions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Art Angels is the correct ranking

>By making good music on the first place.
How people are supposed to find that good music if you don't advertise it, idiot? Because advertismenent you built your music library. You would never hear about 99% of your library without advertisment.

Retarded comment is retarded.
Your ranking sucks. You're a hipster who despise good melodies.

that siouxsie album is the most boring excuse for "post-punk" I've ever heard

All seconds apart. Incredible.

Cheap "argument". If you can call this idiocy argument.