Curious can someone explain?

Curious can someone explain?

I'm high af right now and a thought came up upon me to ask..

Why is LSD illegal? Or shrooms? They are non addictive and have the lowest harm to self+others rating in the drug world. So why is LSD illegal??? Any idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

erowid.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As a fellow psychedelic user I wondered the same, but I figured that ever since the war on drugs anything that wasn't booze was just illegalized. And probably something to do with the hate for hippies back them. Oh well

The government can't tax or regulate it, and the laws against drugs has to do with distribution, not consumption.

Nixon

peyote is legal in canada. a step in the right direction atleast.

Because people that use it regularly are damn dirty hippies who act weird, or worse, "enlightened". Nobody likes acid droppers who do it more a couple times in their life.

Keep on dropping some and you'll find out.

So then 1. Tax it and regulations it like you did with cigs, alcohol, and weed. Shouldn't be different st all.
2. Possession of lsd or shrooms is 1 year sentence for possession of any amount in my state, and almost every other state out there

You don't have to "regularly" use it... Just once a month or preferably every 6 months.

ITT: Monkeys arguing over which banana flavour is best.

Psychedelics make you question your beliefs. That's a problem for someone who wants control and order.

It's illegal because no one is allowed to have that much fun. Last time I tripped I laughed for 6 hours. I haven't laughed like that in years.

Look into some of the shit Nixon did. His war on drugs was completely designed to make you view the users of the drugs (anti-war "hippies" and black people) as degenerate others. Once drugs become illegal it was easy to marginalize and attack their leaders and take down the ideals they stood for.

How would you go about taxing and regulating LSD and/or shrooms?

the illumination game

i think they know that, he was saying that the ones who choose to so it that often are generally disliked by society due to "weird"

they regulate shrooms in the netherlands. works there.

Because you can't operate a vehicle or heavy machinery while using them.

Friend took a bunch of LSD and then had to go home for some reason. Crashed his bike and had to drop out of school. Judgement is impaired, makes you cause problems (social faux pas or actual) for others, and prevents others from helping you effectively (can't think, too many colors). You've obviously never taken a large dose. There's also the whole drug war thing.

The Netherlands is a much less populated country with less drug trade. We literally have Mexico right below us, one of the drug powerhouses. And also, just because it works in one place doesn't mean it'll work in another.

because people can't be trusted on something so strong. would take years for it to become integrated

How are they going to get people to work more to buy more stuff if tripping makes them realize that they don't really need new clothes or a new car?

Because when some people take psychedelics they go fucking crazy and can't handle it. It's unpredictable

Do you guys think it's possible to make someone pass out while they're tripping? My gf always wants my drugs and fucks up my head space

Sounds exactly like alcohol...?

Alcohol does too... So what

/thread

Nothing to do with health concerns and everything to do with keeping you indoctrinated with their toxic consumerism. They can't keep control over you when you spend your time appreciating nature instead of staring into the propaganda box.

so much this

Daily reminder to be aware of the dangers of buying acid off the street. If you can't verify that it's d-lysergic acid diethylimide (test kits are cheap as fuck), it very well may be LSA or LOI instead, and will result in a vastly different trip

erowid.org

That'd be a decent idea if I didnt constantly hear it from conspiracy theorist stoner cunts.

Do acid regularly and you'll find out. Flashbacks, semi-permanent psychosis. Shit's bad news. It's to keep idiots like you from hurting yourselves.

I would rather take psychedelics every day than be a billionaire.

Ever had DPH? Thats legal over the counter as a sleep aid or allergy medicine. Try doing 900mg of that shit. Or better, read accounts of people who have.

LSA is better anyway.

One or 3 50mg pills is fucking insane for fapping though

I read 600mg is the most you should take and 5g for shrooms. They say above these doses and the effects are negative.

or 25i or 2ce. 2 blots of acid will make a stronger trip, 2 blots of that will kill you dead and it'll be a horrible, confusing death as you suffocate through seizures

As a regular DPH user the secret is the effects are always negative. It's NOT fun, just interesting

>buy more stuff
That's exactly the problem, user. Earth is a finite space and rampant over consumption is ruining the only place we have to live in. Which do you value more, maintaining a nice world for you and your offspring to enjoy, or continuing to grease the machine so some old Jew cunts can make more money.

>flashbacks
Total myth.
Only people with a family history of mental illness need be concerned, and that can be said of alcohol as well.

>Billionaire: complete freedom to do whatever you want including drugs. live in as much or little luxury as you want. Financially secure forever
>would rather not have that and pay for small amounts of drugs by working a time sucking, little paying job every day until 65 y/o
Pretty crazy how monumentally stupid people can be

Everyone has a family history of mental illness. It comes in all shapes and the older generation keep that shit bottled. Nobody is sane. Acid just makes you realise that one way or another.

Government morals are complicated, you should know that by now. As for LSD, it is true that it makes you think outside the box if the atmosphere is rigth, but it is adictive and it damn sure fry your brain if tou take too much. Now, you can mock on people that say that it is more than a drug trip, but in my case it was a remarkable peek to things that are not really important for the functional, practical world, but as abstract as thougs can be, can even become an epiphany. Its like anything else, excess is always bad.

They interfere with deployed brain function configured via chemical combination utilizing ingredients in toothpaste of all things.

The "control" combination is typically quite successful, only those with Irish or Native American/South American ancestry tend to be resistant but alcohol has nearly closed that gap.

The problem is when hallucinogens, particularly in psilocybin and lysergic acid varieties, are added to the equation they form what is referred to as a "disruption bond" that effectively begins to shield synapses from the complacency formulae that is introduced via the household goods.

Once this disruption bond is introduced, it's apparently quite resilient to any attempts to shatter it. Thus far very few things have worked, but most of them are categorized in antidepressant categories - which people who have this bond typically do not need.

A lot of work has been going into what can be done to alter or counter this effect, or even weaponize it in a different way but thus far very little has succeeded.

Tl;dr - Imagine you have an invisible funnel pumping signals into your brain to keep you in a certain state of emotion. Hallucinogens serve as a stopper to this funnel and prevent control mechanisms from reaching your brain.

Because authoritarian politicians in the 1950s didn't like it when their kids would take the shit and start questioning the dogma their parents fed them all their lives.
So they made the shit illegal to preserve and protect their authority.

According to the movie Phoenix Forgotten, it's because psychadelics secretly open your brain to frequencies put out by invisible extradimensional beings who want to wear you.

Off by one.

I can't speak for anyone else, but depression runs in my family and I have suffered from it in the past. However it's been several months since my last time taking LSD and I have not felt depressed at all during that time.

Er, oh shit, I mean Banshee Chapter. BANSHEE CHAPTER. Not Phoenix Forgotten.

>earth is the only planet in the universe
>money has literally given you the luxury of being able to type on a computer that would make a caveman's head implode but can be picked for as little as £50 in a boot sale
People like you take these drugs to expand your mind yet end up being myopic and demonising the very thing that allowed these drugs to come into your very hands

The problem with this answer is that it doesn't answer the question at all. A LOT of money went into the public relations necessary to program people to believe it's "to protect authority" without asking "how does it protect authority". The defacto response to this is "TAXES AND GUBNENT" but that's incorrect. Those responsible for preventing the legality are fine without your taxes, trust me. There's many ways to earn billions of dollars annually and taxes are only one means.