My fellow btards, lend me your potatoes. My wife wants to start playing Vidya gains but doesn't know what to start with...

My fellow btards, lend me your potatoes. My wife wants to start playing Vidya gains but doesn't know what to start with. She's autistically smart with maths so she wants to play something like strategy, only problem is, my dumbass doesn't play game like that. I prefer survival shits. Any ideas?

tell joni to stfu & pop out another kid

Battleforge

civ

South Park the Fractured but Whole.

Fire Emblem

There's always the classic minesweeper. Get her some sponsors and make her go mlg pro.

Nobunaga's Ambition.

Typical resource development, troop deployment, battle map shit. Lots of numbers and stats to memorize and calculate.

Girls like civ V. Because it's stratification like total war games without alot of the testosterone activating violence that most guys need to enjoy games.

Terri's is fun for maths.

League of ledgands is a good game but it requires you to learn a lot of bs before you get good enough to actually use math.

I also say Civ

>get good enough to actually use math.
top kek, when you start to use maths in that game, you realize what a broken piece of shit that game is.
definitely not worth the effort. how the cocksucking devs managed to release such a broken mess of a game, is beyond me.

do you even chess, faggot

Get her Sins of a Solar Empire

Age of Empires 2
Been playing it for 15 years or however long it's been out.

crusader kings 2

You can say whatever you want about the game but ultimately, it's still the most played pc game in the world by a margin.

The numbers don't lie, they must have done something right.

Start her on Dark Souls.

Shit, sounds like your wife should be teaching you.

Ok, the best video games in existence are all either 4x games or turn based tactical RPGs and planetary defense simulators.

If you are not playing the likes of Civilzation, Masters of Orion, Alpha Centauri, Space Rangers 2, Masters of Magic, XCOM, Xenonauts... then you're a scrub.

Kidding aside, if your wife is rather smart and has autistic tendencies, I think those type of games are the best and the two of you should work together on beating them as challenge with her brains and your prior video game experience.

Otherwise play some fun platformer with 2p like Rayman Origins, Castle Crashers and the like.

These gentleman have fine taste. Listen and learn.

why is AoE2 so popular compared to AoE1. Granted it's been over 15 years since I played either, but AoE1 had a more appealing art style and had a more interesting historical setting. Is the balance of the game really that better in 2?

Excellent idea

blitzkrieg

There are thousands upon thousands of games, some of them are guaranteed to appeal to her, you just need to cater to her tastes. What type of shit does she like outside of vidya? What kind of other media that is and why does she like them?

Portal 1 or 2, civil games are all good, xcom, so many me is a good platform er puzzle type game, and it's a bit more simple

OP confirmed for not caring for his wife enough by making this thread then vanishing.

Portal

Portal is a decent starting off point for non gamers. At least I have a friend who was never into gaming, always found it a bit lame, but Portal 1&2 both spoke to him, he couldn't stop playing them.

Don't be a pussy about it.
Find a copy of xenosaga and prepare to loose 2 months of your life.

Civilization series, age of empires, total war series

Portal is easy. Crusader kings is just math and probability the game but expressed through feudal politics.

This

Halo Wars 2 is an RTS that is somewhat fun but simple enough to play and understand. Halo Wars 1 as well. Both are only on Windows 10 though.

If you're on console, good luck finding a game thats multiplayer AND strategic. Go PC, play RTS games if she wants something mentally stimulating.

Dwarf Fortress. It's free, it has a steep learning curve, and is very rewarding. It can be played on almost any computer, there are great and helpful communities, and wonderful stories that come from it. Although it may not be the newest version of the game I would suggest the "LazyNewbPack" to start with as it comes with useful software and graphics packs of that's what you're into.

OP here, sorry for the late response. Been busy with non Sup Forumstard shit. I'll have to see what all from the list y'all provided she would like. She's seen Civ and has asked about it so I may just let her pick from a list.

Tetris Attack for the snes

Civ V + expansions is a good starting off game then. Still a bit hardcore for someone that's not a gamer though, so if she grasps Civ then you lose your gaming seniority instantly.

Dwarf Fortress
Kerbal
Space Engineers
Anti chamber
Portal

These go from hard thinkers to puzzle

Space station 13 is a low graphics high complexity, imagine be a dwarf fortress dwarf in space with no npcs and a full crew of eighty, with a hand full of random players set as assassins with specific targets, the high jinks are ridiculous are unheard of

Puzzle competitive type games are good. I've been playing sega swirl and columns on the dreamcast with my girlfriend.

Fable 2 and or 3

civ, dwarf fortress, crusader kings, all of those will be way too complicated and stressful for a new gamer. Go for an easy co-op game like Overcooked or Little big planet or something cute and fun. Even classics like donkey kong country. These dudes obviously haven't tried introducing a girl new to games.

The last yoshi game that came out would work. Anything cute.

runescape

Europa Universalis 4
Very simple and easy to get into