If you had $125...

If you had $125,000 Cash and you had to invest it what would you invest in or what would kinds of businesses would you start?

Not looking to hear about buying drugs though. Looking for serious answers

Drugs are a serious business retard

Chocolate Xanax protein bars

I would buy a rental property or 2 and than save up some more money and build a home and sell it or fix a foreclosure and sell it and keep buying rentals and fixing foreclosures and building and selling new homes. make a ton and after enough times passes just pay somebody else to do all of the work

Just cane into 250000$ and am investing it in a recreational marijuana grow in Oregon. Best investment IMO if you have any know how.

the point might be an attempt to move away from that

Id start a service related business. Something easy to run by myself, or easy to train someone (someone thats low cost) to serve our clients. Low overhead if i can. Low liability if i can. Something with contracts 12mo / 24mo . Also i want my clients to have money. Im looking to serve people i can expect to fork out some cash for my pretty smile and stunning physique and illustrious promises.

Im thinking like pool service, pressure washing, or maybe even if you dont reply to this post your mom will die in her sleep tonight

thats not really an option where i live. i wish i could get into that but even 125k isnt enough to go solo into that market in a big way

Create a cash business.

50% VTSAX
30% VWIUX
20% VTIAX

Id buy a brand new car and become an uber driver. I figure it pays decent enough to get by alright and its steady work. but I dont know much about it

Cryptocurrencies
Right now they're a bit unstable but they are for sure the currency of the future
Now just to figure out which ones will become most popular and which will die...

True I have a little help. Plus me and the other investor are both going to be hands on growers so we don’t have to shell out big bucks to hire one. Been growing for years though. Shit ton of money to be made. Will easily make my money back year one which will be next year.

why those businesses? what makes them the special ones? Serious Question.

like Bit Coin?

thanks Libertarianon

hire prostitutes
become a pimp
get rich
get AIDS
get shot
die

That's a low-cost, tax-efficient 3-fund diversified portfolio including all domestic and international stocks. It's not a get rich quick scheme, but a sensible portfolio to invest for your retirement. If you're young you could probably increase the percentage of stocks and let it ride.

Why are you shifting the demand curve?? I'm what circumstance would the demand for chocolate bars be increasing?

Investing in US stocks right now is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. You wpuld be better served hiding it in your mattress

It's pretty obvious from the picture. Learn to micro econ.

what kinds of yeilds could that return in say 5 or 10 years with a 100k investment in the way you have suggested. I always wished in knew more about this stuff. i even tried watching that kramer guy on TV for a couple months but i just couldnt get into it.

Guns might not be a bad idea, but in general I would say diversify. Best way to mitigate risk.

order 10,000 bumpstocks

I bought 3 rentals with all the money I have saved from my entire life. I rent them all out and its very steady income. Don hesitate because prices are going up by the day buy them cash and lowball the people and rent them out to good tenants because those are steady. I'd rather rent to a good tenant for less money but steady then a tenant who has a bad rap or bad credit

I'm asking what scenario would cause the demand to increase like it is. I can see that it's at equilibrium, so there's not a shortage or surplus, but what real world scenario would make the demand of chocolate bars increase.

>I would buy a rental property or 2
>125k

where the fuck are you buying?? Somalia??

halloween

halloween

Long time ago, in my country, school was nearly starting, and a man bought all the glazed paper in the country, and started a 'paper shop', that man become rich, but it's Uruguay, 3rd world and shit

sounds like detroit
close enough?

Oh FUCK!

if it's that easy to start a business in Uruguay, I am interested

around 15% in gold
around 25% in S&P500 (inb4 "muh bubbling market")
around 15% - 20% in fixed income
around 25% in some tech company working on quantum computing or big data
around 5% in some cryptocurrency but prepare to take earnings within months
the other 15% - 10% spread it wisely in the former

Average return on the stock market is 6%/year.
There will be reversals, corrections, and recessions but over long term you'll come out ahead. Or you can become a drug dealer and try that, lol

there are many rental properties available in my area for decent prices and i could always finance some on top of the down payments

i'd buy a nice used truck with a duramax, and an airstream. then i might invest the rest in some properties and flip them.. i'd also buy some undeveloped land for myself to build a cabin / camp on. i'd make youtube videos on travelling in a travel trailer, and on developing a self-sustaining homestead from cheap land.

>Now just to figure out which ones will become most popular and which will die...

theres the problem. theres thousands of cyrptocurrecies. in the end a hand full will be worth something and if pick one of 99% that will fail, your 125k will gone. but if you guess right youll probably be a multi-millionaire

I'd do what the gangsta's in the hood do. Take that 150,000 and turn it into 250,000. Little bitch. I bet you're not even a real nigga.

currently wanting to exit that field

You go right ahead and do that chum. We'll sell you the mattress.

Nah, nowadays the country is pretty fucked up, we have taxes in almost everything(ex: If you buy anything with wi-fi on it, the mail service retains it, or they charge you the 60% of the object price), also we have support for people who don't work, we pay them for having kids basically, so the deal today is having kids, not working and just buy the lastest Samsung or Iphone, to take photos on your shitty house surrounded by narcos. Or try to leave the country like me

Also we have legal marihuana

part of why I'm interested m8
>wi-fi
nah I prefer cabled LANs

I prefer them too, that was just an example of the shit level in here

where do you live now

and is your new home better than your old home

Actually in Montevideo, first city

If you don't have experience running a business I would try a franchise

hm, I would have to curb my chinkshit habit a bit

First off, if you're looking for financial advice on Sup Forums, you're an idiot.

Second: Don't go for gimmicks. If society breaks down to the point where the USD's value crashes, your gold's not going to be worth a whole lot either. Pick a decent variety of market and index funds. Throw the bulk of it in there for the long term (10 years or more).

I could tell you, but there's no point. You wouldn't listen. I was a child prodigy and my IQ was rated at four standard deviations above mean. My particular area of expertise is synthesis and recognizing patterns. But I've also spent my lifetime in destitution because I am equally aware that no one else thinks like I do, and people ignore everything I say.

About 15 years ago a friend's father was a day-trader and asked me what to invest in. I told him to invest in stevia and tried to explain what I had seen. A couple of years later he told me that if he had invested $1000 in the stevia stocks he had considered buying, he'd be a millionaire.

I predicted 9/11 by three months. I saw the progression of escalating attacks and realized that they were not following a traditional military or even guerilla strategy, but were instead adopting a strategy of detournement. I could see that the next attack would be huge, largely because it would be designed specifically to shock on an archetypal level, and I could see that the scale was increasing geometrically. When I tried to explain it to a friend of mine he got angry and called me a paranoid conspiracy nutjob. He actually ended up storming away when I tried repeatedly to show him the individual pieces of intel I'd put together. After 9/11 happened, he pretended he didn't remember the conversation.

So, OP, I could tell you how to get very rich with that much money, but I won't. Frankly, I doubt you'll even read this comment, since it's longer than a couple of sentences.

go to vanguard make an account and most likely purchase a few stocks and etfs that have a history of good growth and a 5 percent dividend payout every year..

I never moved out the country, to be honest, Uruguay is turning into a new state of USA, a month ago they just put to work 'The Guardian' a long cable from USA to Uruguay to 'to improve the internet speed'

So silver and guns. Or silver guns! Win!

It would give me two year time to write software, which when I would not even charge ussage commision would make me money without ads enought to live for rest of the life.

Bs. You wouldn't be here if that were the case you narcissistic autist.

i just googled it and it looks like a cool place. but me personally im more into woods and stuff where i live but super far out

Level 0: Put it into a 1.0% or higher savings account. No risk.

Level 1: Slowly pour some money into a CD ladder (assuming you don't need the liquidity). Welcome to Grandma's source of birthday checks.

Level 2: Put it into a bond ETF. VCLT gives you about 4% monthly dividend (that's 4%/12 per month).

Level 3: Put it into a mixed stock/bond fund, weighting roughly 80-90% stocks. Market is rather high now, though, but Fed's been raising rates and risk indices are low. Welcome to normal people risk.

Level 4: Use money for down payments on houses in cheap housing areas (like Texas) and rent them out. Acquire cash flow. Welcome to Rich Dad Poor Dad, published before 2008.

Level -1: Pick stocks you think will succeed. Enjoy drastically underperforming the market.

Level -2: Gambling.

It has to look good, since our economy is based on tourism, I'm more into woods too, that's why i'm looking to leave the country, and maybe move to norway, that's my kind of place

OP here i read it all and im interested

I'm curious why you think so. I don't really care whether you believe me or not, but I'd like to know what makes you sure that someone as smart as I am wouldn't be here. Would you be surprised if I told you that I've had multiple bouts of homelessness, can't hold down a job, and am socially isolated? My level of brilliance is extremely uncommon and is nearly always crippling. This is a world designed by and for the stupid. I could explain why this is so, and how it's maintained, but... well, as I wrote before, there's no point. You wouldn't believe me and I doubt you'd even read it.

Keep some cash, put some in a researched Motif or ETF or other passive instrument with higher yield while you learn to trade options or derivatives. Once you know what the fuck you're doing, trade with a well capitalized account with risk controls and earn a high, scalable income without any of the headaches or overhead of owning a business. You'll need to get a managed account or make your own LLC. This is why there's so much income inequality; financialization. You too could be part of the top 20-1%.

thats awesome sounds and looks bad ass

call up fidelity, put all that shit into mutual funds, sit back and relax and watch it grow. fuck small businesses, too much risk, not enough yield.
pic unrelated

any suggestions on what to buy speciffically

I think if you're that smart you could smart yourself out of your destitution. For starters, stop being an asshole all the time. And buy Stevia stocks. I hear it's going places.

Sorry bro you're not a smart as you think. If you were a genius you wouldn't be homeless. I read everything you said, so go ahead and try.

Maybe you should start realizing you are just an ignorant fool, that you are not by any means a too bright person and need to start to learn from others because you are just a stupid human being.

Maybe then people will listen to you

Hertz, Garmin, Ali Baba.

So user, why are you interested in Uruguay?

Oh and MSCI Emerging Markets indexed stocks.

Okay, I'll bite. Let's see if you can follow the bread crumbs. We're a lot closer to the edge than most people believe. There's a number of bits of data I've put together, but I'll give you one I've been tracking because you can check its validity for yourself.

Over the last ten years, it has become increasingly difficult for pharmacies to acquire medications. Even some very common drugs have become scarce. When I first started tracking this, the figure was about 20% of pharmacies affected by these shortfalls; today, more than 90% of pharmacies report being forced to quietly make substitutions of one drug for another of reportedly equal efficacy, something they are legally permitted to do.

The US government used to maintain a stockpile of pure helium. At the very point when reports began to surface that easily-accessible helium was being depleted to the point of non-existence, the government began dumping its stockpile of helium onto the market to keep prices low.

Can you see the connection between these two things? If you can, explain it and I'll tell you what to invest in. If you can't, there's no point in me doing so, since you won't understand it.

yeah, here in the USA all of our cities look like shit and are dirty and stink. i wish the people in the USA could be more your people and like the Japs who keep their cities clean as hell

thats were you have to do a little research

I like MORT AND MORL

other people think it sucks but it all depends were you want to go with it

im guessing here but i would say invest in silver

>financialization
what are your qualifications

You folks are the reason I've spent my life destitute and in isolation. Congratulations on winning the world.

Silver has been plummeting.

you said the town and i googled it and it looked cool. thats about it.

ohhh i didnt know that, i was just guessing cause of the whole antibiotic or something that goes along with it

so sir what is the answer

Economics & Accounting; Derivatives trader.

Just learn from people, if you think youa re super smart, above almost any other person, you are an ignorant fool thats it

Even a regular person will know far better than you about a subject in which they are masters.

Stop being a know it all jerk.

Hey, might be nigh time for a turn around?

why those?

Trips of absolute truth

Thanks? It took little effort.

Get a job, work the system, and flip it.

Japs are very disciplined and polite, but talking about Uruguay, i think the fact that we are 3m people (1m in Montevideo) makes it less polluted, it's all about comparisons, for example, we have 'Playa Ramirez' where there's literally shit floating on the sea, but if you choose the countryside, people are very different, more polite, and also good

They are long horizon, 1-5 years.
Hertz for its health and market share of auto rentals, vehicle quality and autonomous driving. Technically bullish.
Garmin delivering sensors and tracking for military purposes. They don't just make GPS's. Satellite tracking capabilities will soon be able to track soldiers down to the meter on the ground.
Ali Baba expected to be the Amazon of Asia.
MSCI Index for emerging markets over the next decade of growth in developing economies with high populations. China is literally rebuilding the silk road through Asia. Read about it.

I bet you cant solve this one!!!

Where is the clitoris?????

You can't see why these two things are connected, can you, even with the hint I gave you.

We live in a world which looks robust, but stands on pillars of glass -- and those pillars are cracking. Lines of supply are the first things which start breaking down. Not a lot of people know that every major city in North America keeps about two days worth of supplies on hand at any given time and that if those supply lines break down, even with rationing there would be food riots inside a week. In a month, there would be no effective government.

Irreplacable stockpiles built up for decades are currently being depleted to maintain the appearance of normalcy. They're going to try to keep things running right to the last second. Why do you think Elon Musk is trying to reach Mars? Why do you think Bill Gates and Warren Buffet -- neither of whom has the slightest ounce of compassion -- are both calling for higher taxation on the super-wealthy?

If you can see what's happening below the surface, you can predict what's going up and what's going down over the short term, and that's how you get rich.

dont flip houses fuck that shit

i did it during the golden ages here in texas made a few million now you cant find a decent house at 20,000. those were the good days.

this sounds like horrible advice and this is coming from a lazy trader. I stick my money in and just let it ride and feed me with dividend payments.

You are a fool.

Then you're an investor, not a trader. Traders can't really be lazy. Look at the charts.

The high dividend paying stocks is a retirement strategy you casual.

whats the point then if its all going to shit.

also you just said was water is wet

I dont concern myself with all the white noise of the world just live and see the patterns to make cash. Also i will add I hate day trading or anything near that style.

I know. I've spent my whole life hearing that from you people. It's why I don't bother to tell people what I can see any more. No one believes me at the time and when I'm eventually proven right, people either pretend they don't remember or they despise me.

So I keep myself to myself, and you stupids inherit the world.

High leverage multi family commercial properties. You could probably afford 10-14 units with that much. You could be looking at 20+% cash on cash return per year