Feels thread. What’s been on your mind lately, /B?

Feels thread. What’s been on your mind lately, /B?

Since I’m OP I’ll start. I just underwent surgery on my left knee from a torn ligament I sustained during football, and being sidelined in the game of life really fucking blows. Also, tfw a girl I connect SO WELL with, and I was even in the beginning stages of a relationship with, has a boyfriend I can’t stand and he can’t stand me so we rarely talk to each other even though she’d be better off with me.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/386255/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm a 29 year old alcoholic living with my dad. moved here to go to school, but i dropped out when my dad took a trip and i spent all my savings on alcohol. need to go to AA cause it's helped in the past, but i don't want to. i feel like shit that i don't, but that's how it is

Get help if you know it’s worth it man.

I relate.

What's on my mind... I fucked up pretty all i could in last month. Messed up my spine and cant work, GF left like 4 days ago (was about 18 months together), my "friends" dont give a fuck about me and most important thing:
I cant get my money back... Im unlucky as fuck... Well, at least i got it of my chest. What about u, op?

i know, it's just hard to fight off all the shame. having to face everyone after what i've done. i'll get my shit together, i've done it before, just sucks when you think you've beaten your demons, but it turns out they were waiting in the wings the whole time and it took them all of two seconds to tear you down again.

OP here and I’m really sorry to here that bro. Is your injury permanent? And recently I’ve been doing really shitty. I had to miss a lot of classes for my surgery and my grades are falling. Plus with my recovery time I’m missing hunting and playing football which are my favorite things to do. Also I’ve realized women are bullshit.

Can you disclose these demons or is it too personal? I’m here to help.

I hate her, Sup Forums. I hate her so fucking much, every fucking day.

using alcohol and other substances to run away from the problems in my life. there's nothing you can do to help, sorry to say. only thing i know of that'll help me is going back to AA and actually working the 12 steps this time. i just haven't talked to anybody about except my dad a little, but we barely see eachother cause i can't bear to face him

From what i know i messed up my sacroiliac joint. Doc said that i should take painkillers and wait till the pain goes away, but its day 13 and still nothing changed... Im 25 and i feel like i just ruined my life because of work... Fun fact: i dont feel no emotions right now. I feel empty inside because im tired with all that shit

Please get in touch with your father, you never know how much time each of you has left.

AA doesn't work.

google.ca/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/386255/

Read up, bro. They have medications that work now. AA is ineffectual. I just got some meds tonight.

i will, i'm broke as a joke and he's obv not gonna buy me any booze. at least the only direction i have left to go is up eh?

I'm fucked, 21, and I'm about to go to court for custody over my daughter. The mother is lying, saying I abused the child. I live in cuckafornia and have basically no rights when it comes to shit like this.
I've got no reason to live anymore because of this shit.

Doctors seem to get less and less professional and more and more spotty with their diagnosis. Best of luck with recovery. For my knee they gave me hydrocodone and it’s works great. Just follow what the doc has to say and if it doesn’t work don’t be afraid to confront him on his bullshit

Same problem here. Been going on for 15 years. Dried out for a month recently and was really starting to feel better physically, emotionally and mentally. Now I'm right back in the hell I came from and trying to get out of a bender. Fuck my life.

rolling for first girl

It’ll get better man I promise. Not now, but some time. No emotion is permanent. As for California, FUCK THAT STATE. Get your rights man. Try to hire a good lawyer if you can and challenge that bitches abuse charges. Best of luck in this woman’s world.

it worked for me, i haven't touched pot or any other drug in years, i just lied to myself that alcohol was okay because while i was doing that stuff, i stayed away from alcohol for the most part, cause i hated hangovers. then alcohol became the only thing i could do, and here i am. i'll look into that though, i've heard a lot of people say AA isn't as effective as we're led to believe

Bad liver and a broken heart. Bad liver has been developing for a long time but the broken heart is not getting any better after a year. I've just been trying to learn to live with it because I think it will probably stay this way.

I wish I could believe you.
I'm fucked if I do, fucked if I don't. It's too late to get a lawyer, and even if it weren't, I don't make enough to hire one.

>What’s been on your mind lately
How I don't have what I want, and how I'm too depressed to get myself to help myself get what I want.

i feel you friend, this shit is rough. i feel so good when i spend even like 3 days sober, but if there's an opportunity for me to get my hands on booze it doesn't last long

You’ll get her nudes if u get trips.
I’m not lying

The thing is nothing really works. There's no easy way and I have serious doubts about meds. I could see that only making things worse because I'd probably just end up drinking and popping pills as well.

What do you want?

I don't know why I do it. It's like I want to torture myself to death.

What’s the liver issue? And as for the broken heart, time heals all wounds.

This. I just met a girl and we've had 3 dates together. Everything's great but... I'm afraid of losing her... I'm afraid she won't like me once she really gets to know me... and for that, I try not to get attached.

American football or gay football?

Naltrexone. Apparently a good success rate for eliminating problem drinking.

Time only gives us other experiences and after them we see stuff that we did (or someone did to us) in different way... I dont agree that it "heals"... Sorry for my bullshit. I allways want to be precise in what i say

More education, more skills, more money, more land, more buildings, more things in buildings relating to my hobbies and interests, more things on land relating to my hobbies and interests, a better social network to do things and make things happen, friends that understand me and want to do the things that I enjoy doing together.

Not being unhappy would also be nice.

I listen to asmr videos to give myself comfort because i have no friends.

Is this from Your overdramatic Facebook friend?

My GF of 10+ years wants us to take a break and "play the field" (mid 20s)
>Originally we were going to straight break up but apparently I've improved and she is interested
while still casually dating and being sexually exclusive
>she still sees us ending up together
>can't imagine me moving on so that hasn't even factored into her thoughts
>has voiced several times that she is glad she can depend on my love etc
>she still allows me to take as many nudes and videos as I want
Honestly at this point I'm so done with it that I've solely focused on me and I'll see where that takes me

Dumping some sttuff, bros.

The doctor isn't really sure yet as I have to get a CT scan on it. Had an ultrasound and one part it doesn't look like the other or something. Doc said it's probably because of my being a binge drinker for 15 years. I really don't know about the broken heart thing. Someone told me you never get over that sort of thing but you can learn to live with it and I think that's about the best I can hope for. It really left a dark cloud hanging over me. It's hard to describe but it's just like that part of you has died feel. Of course if I can kick the drinking I have a feeling I might have more of a chance of it healing. It makes it way harder to move from one chapter of life to the next. Just been in limbo since.

that's how it is for me too. like i hate myself and i don't think i deserve anything good out of life, so i'll just drown myself in alcohol and mentally check out until i'm dead

American. Took a helmet to the knee

Jevins is that you

You’re fine man don’t apologize.

do you still drink? how long have you been on it?

A priest told me a similar thing once when I went to confession. He said that the reason we keep doing it is because we are punishing our selves. I hadn't really thought of it that way but it made sense. The endless cycle of mental self flagellation.

Learn to be an investor for the money part, for friends join the military in a combat role, and if you work hard enough the rest will follow.

Where you from OP? If you live in a shit tier country moving somewhere might help your situation

>for friends
The problem is I don't want just any friends, I have trouble relating to people, most people, and just about every single person in my life has pissed me off too many times while not really impacting me enough to warrant me really caring if they just disappear out of nowhere.

OP here and I don’t know who or what you’re speaking of. Explain if you’d like.

>if you work hard enough the rest will follow.
I already know what I should do, the problem is getting myself to do it.

that's how it's always been for me even before i touched any substances. any time i get something even remotely resembling a good life, i move, or i do something to irreparably destroy any chances of getting it back

I’m from Ohio, USA. Small town too.

The problem is that I don't really want it as much anymore, either.
I seem to have grown more shallow, at least in some ways.

The only person to make that decision is you, so take your time, hold your breath, bite the bullet and begin that path to success.

Know a kid in school who fits your description pretty well. Feel bad for him. I know he really cares about football and he cant play. Been rejected by a few girls from what I have heard. Never talked to him alot but he seemed pretty cool from when I did.

Dear OP,
Im out. I hope you will get better and you will have at least succesfull year. Im out to try to sort out what should i do to get back on tracks. Thanks Sup Forumsto and once again; wish you the best

Yup self sabotage. World champion at that here. It's frustrating af. I may have one opportunity to make something of myself coming up and I feel like it's my last. If I fuck this one up the future is looking pretty bleak.

OP here. I’ve been rejected by girls that are shit tier. But this one was a fucking 10/10 female but I didn’t want to make a commitment because of her reputation at the time. Now everyone’s looked past that and she’s with a douche. So it’s my own fault. Jevins sounds like a nice guy though. You should try and talk to him.

I used to work at Wal-Mart. I quit one day because I didn't get a promotion I worked hard to learn the ins and outs of when I didn't need to. Ended up travelling and being homeless. Then got a job I loved, working on an At Sea Processor. Miss the freedom. Came back to SC to visit family and friends on vacation from the ship. Missed next season because I decided to try some other job I didn't like. Had a bunch of different jobs in between and now I'm working at a factory making meh money and spending every night loathing myself for giving up. I look at everyone else and they seem to know what they want to do or are content with their jobs, however mediocre I think they are. I just want a purpose or direction.

I mean he is but from when I talked to him he didn't really like me. Im socially awkward sometimes

Good luck buddy. We love you. No homo as always.

>so take your time
It's been years.

>bite the bullet and begin that path to success.
I've tried, I just kept getting knocked down.

The floor is a little comfortably cold, hard, and unforgiving, now.

Ah they're all a bunch of whores anyway. Seriously that's the norm now. There's barely any culture left in the west and it's all a degenerating black hole of nihilism.

yeah i've got maybe 2-3 months left to get my ass back in school, otherwise i'll have to start from the beginning again. it's culinary, so it's only like 9 months, but i'll have to figure out my loan and all that shit again. not to mention i had a job working in the kitchen at the museum of modern art, and i shat all over that. i hope the both of us figure this shit out man, i'm really tired of being/feeling this way, i'm ready to at least just have a decent life. i think.

This sounds super gay, but grind at what you like. Get your old job or a job like it that works for u and stick with it.

Currently passing a kidney stone. It's my 4th time. It wont be the last either i have PKD so it will happen again. Thankfully this time i have Vicodin so its not as bad as last time when i had nothing.

Just to let ya know how it feels
Imagine someone stepping heel first into your back then occasionally jumping for about 24 to 48 hours. Also you are nauseous and just random pain in other areas of your midsection and head area. And the stinging pee isn't great. And i am a dude so imagine a small spiky rock coming out of your peehole.

Hey, so im gonna post the tale of brenda. This isnt
me, but i was a part of this thread. Here you go, i have to post part by part though so call me a faggot now

Btw sorry fr different colors sometimes, edit software is garbage

That's the problem. I found that job just randomly walking around Seattle with a friend I went with. I don't have any connections in the maritime industry. Now I tie yarn for twelve hours a day.

As corny as it may sound I think the problem is is we don't love and respect ourselves. Maybe it's a matter of catching yourself when you get into that thinking feedback loop from hell of beating yourself up over everything. For me being a drunk for 15 years that's the tricky part when I'm having any sort of success at sobering up. It's normal for me to regret the gifts and time that I have squandered with my degeneracy and in a way it's good to recognize that but the tricky part is not getting down about it. Sort of like yes that was really awful and pointless and I bitterly regret it but I can't afford the luxury of self pity anymore.

That looks like me sitting at the bar last night with all the stupid lame banter going on around me and the god awful juke box blasting away.

I'm in a relationship where many people believe I'm getting emotionally abused. If we get into fights he likes to say things that are low blows and becomes a passive-aggressive person. He threatens to hurt himself, break up, or not talk when we get into fights. I feel like it would be right to leave him but I also feel like I still love him. I feel stuck.

i think you're right. what is it they say in AA... be part of the solution, not the problem. i'm sort of interested in what that other user said about some drug he takes to fix it, but i can't help but think that would just make things worse, i have no self control when it comes to substances. also, i don't think it would solve the problems i have in my life that i seem to share with other alcoholics.

OP here and I’m legitimately emotionally invested in this story. If Brenda dies I’m fucking going to sleep.

I dated a girl whom I loved, but she would do stuff like that. I finally told her that I'm sorry, but we have to stop talking since you're being this way. I love you and don't want you to hurt your self, but I'm not going to let you do that to me. Stopped talking for a few days and she came around. That was the last of it.

Same

Similar thing happened to me only it was really weird. Started out with regular threats of suicide from her but then after a while I kind of went nuts from it all and got that way too. I guess it rubbed off on me.

Same here, fuck

it better be good if nothing else

>implying she doesn't like you, but claims chad doesn't like you to pass the guilt off of herself
lel

Halfway through, glad to see ive made feels happen

Same here with the pills. It would make it worse for me for sure. Better to not go down that road.

OP here, please explain in more detail my guy