I need help Sup Forums

I need help Sup Forums
Google has given me a dozen answers.
>be me
>having my gf's parents over first time tonight for dinner.
>Usually wouldn't stress as much in the past bc was already living with my exes before their parents ever came for dinner at my house. (I'm 27 now, and pretty sure this girl is the one.)

Really need advice on how to cook this Sup Forums.
1.6kg or 3.5lbs.
Do I even sear? It has the ties on the outside so will they burn off if I sear?
I want it to be perfect.
They will arrive in about 5 hours but I won't serve it for a good hour after they arrive.
Cooking time? Cooking temperature?
Sup Forums chefs please help.
Pic related
Inb4 tiny dik it's actually pretty decent in its full form

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yaki4HUsiNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

top kek at tiny dik.
Also, do you want to kill them? used by date wtf?

I bought it 3 days before used by date, froze it and only I defrosted last night so I'm not even giving two fucks about that user. The meat is perfectly fine.

Yeah was thinking that Ty user, just more traffic here. I think I have a few hours before it needs oven so I might try that.

If you're roasting it there's no need to sear. Just crank your oven temp for the last ~20 minutes of the cook time to get the crackling to bubble.

Cook on wire rack in roasting pan so it doesn't boil in its own juices, use juices to make gravy.

Thanks user. Would have fucked that up actually as I was going to place in a tray.
I'm thinking this strategy. Seems legit?

Should be fine. I do my temps the other way around but there's no real reason that won't work. I do more like 30 minutes per 500g because medium pork is shite and leg roast is fatty enough to not go dry.

>paying $8/lb for pork roast
user why? does australia have no pigs? Shit is not even half that cost in the US.

Anyway I will take pity on you and explain how to cook this, user.

Yes you will sear it, and yes you will leave the string on. No the string will not break while searing, it is meant to survive both that and the baking process.

Season only with salt+pepper while searing. Sear it on all sides.
Bake it until it reaches 63c degrees internal (145f).
If you don't have a meat thermometer this should take about 100 minutes at 350f/177c degrees in the oven.

If you're doing a wet glaze (mustard/vinegar or honey for example) do it after sear, before oven.

Baste the fuck out of it also, user. Every 20 minutes or so (but get in and out of oven quickly so). When its done, take it out, cut the string, and tent it in foil for 10ish minutes.

here
this user is also correct if your roast has the skin still on. You can crackle the skin pretty well (it will crackle particularly well if you score the skin with a knife).

I think I love you user. Thanks for pro tips.
Thanks for the good advice.
Other chef user said no need to sear. I was about to go full potato and do dry rub pic related. You say nope. Any reason?
I guess there is more than one way to nail it, just gotta choose one and stick to it. Wish my mum didn't live so far away. She could come over and nail it with her eyes closed.

Do what says, exactly how I do my roasts. Will be perfect!

Jesus Christ pork is expensive. At least you're safe with no guns and pork that is over double the price in USA.

Yeah lots of skin. Lots and lots. Gonna score the skin most deff. I only heard of salt into skin for crackling. I have lemon. Does that help too?
Forgot to say yeah it's expensive here but it all is compared to America. Sometimes I get lucky and get half price but yeah.
When I lived injapan, chicken was literally half the price it is in here. :/

>what is cost of living

Our average income is also twice what yours is. Works out that things cost pretty similar prices, all things considered. Also OP could have got a better deal at an actual butcher rather than buying from a near-monopolistic grocery giant.

Oh Jesus just checked on my post on /Ck/
Are they even more degenerate than Sup Forums?
Pic related

You certainly don't make more than me. You work for someone and I work for myself. Relax.

/ck/ doesn't do much talk about cooking desu

A lot of fast food threads, about 1/100 threads are cooking OC, and the rest are generals about lollies/cravings/how do I boil water.

Yeah I know I know. I like to but it is way further away from here. I never buy veges from them.

You clearly have never been to /ck/. They talk endlessly about reviewbrah and joey. Don't talk about what you don't understand.

wot

I truly don't. But they did give me top keks so all is good.

The point is you're wrong about what they talk about. Don't spread falsehoods.

You can do a big rub, user. Just don't put the rub on before you sear as the spices would burn. If you're just baking though use as much stuff as you want the oven temp won't come close to pan contact temp.
I wouldn't bother with lemon. Pork doesn't need acid just stick with savory and sweet seasonings. Regardless of your baking strategy don't forget to baste. Roast on a rack, rack in a pan. If you don't have a rack that fits in a roast pan, just elevate it above the pan somehow else (even just sitting it on some jar lids or something).

Sorry to offend you my /Ck/ overload. I truly didn't mean anything by it.

this except don't shy away from vinegar. Something happens when vinegar and roast pork flavors mingle that is nutworthy

Sorry to offend you my /Ck/b/ro/. I truly didn't mean anything by it.

More pics of cute small penis pls

bamp

Gordon Ramsay is your friend

youtu.be/Yaki4HUsiNM

salt + oil on the skin, woolies pork come pre-scored on the skin but can add a few more, dont go too deep. first 20minutes do it at around 250c then turn it down to about 180c. 1hr per kilo roughly. if it doesn't crackle well enough when its cooked take the crackle off and put back into oven as hot as you can.