Makes her debut album all about how shit current pop music is because it only talks about fucking and parties

>makes her debut album all about how shit current pop music is because it only talks about fucking and parties
>makes a name for being an interesting art pop artist
>her second album is generic pop crap club bait we hear every year
>it's all about fucking and partying
>doesn't forget to include an "artsy" song about how she's just another popstar that will be irrelevant once she's off the charts now
>you people will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4BNVD5v2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=7b7DgOeMnW4
stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/96295313/lorde-tells-disappointed-fans-she-was-psyched-by-her-performance
youtube.com/watch?v=M4hUmKZvBBE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_KLF#Retirement
youtube.com/watch?v=IR7jgl1Qf3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop with all the melodrama

How will she ever recover

Wow, turns out the psedu deep ugly bitch is just another pop star.

If you want some catchy music that is actually critical of the system listen to pulp

youtube.com/watch?v=f4BNVD5v2EU

youtube.com/watch?v=7b7DgOeMnW4

I'm already listening to Pulp tho user desu

its not club bait, i think its quite good and deeper than ud think.
and she was never an "art pop artist".

i do dislike the concept though and it is abit pretentious and i dont like that it glorifies getting fucked either.

also her promotion and shows are so inflated and pretentious.

desu i never liked her for being critical of the system. her music just gave me a nostalgia for being young.

stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/96295313/lorde-tells-disappointed-fans-she-was-psyched-by-her-performance

wow, she really has gone too far.

youtube.com/watch?v=M4hUmKZvBBE

shes white trash.

All of her singles are literally the same club bait synth shit you hear from any other artist. I could seriously see getting fucking Green Light or whatever confused with any other popular pop singer if it was without vocals.
And if she wasn't art pop then I'd like to know what you consider art pop. Inb4 something out of 1960s.

Yeah this is the shit that makes me go full sperg
>perform the most generic trash from your whole catalogue
>you just don't understand my deep art xd

well desu i dont really get what art pop is. her production on the first album doesnt sound too much different from other artists in the near-mainstream.

>ill with flu
>still shows up to dance around

Yeah that was retarded, some audience members look really confused. But it's pretty too. I love whatever that was.

*pretty funny

It was still different enough to distinguish her though, and I hoped she will expand on it being that she was like 16 and it was her debut. Yellow Flicker Beat is a fucking great song, so I was stoked to see where she will go. I was thinking maybe we will have another Zola Jesus or Chelsea Wolfe, except a little more mainstream friendly. I guess in the end I let myself down by expecting majors to let anything interesting out, but her hypocrisy still triggers my autism so hard.

If you don't beat KLF levels of confusion you lost :^)

literally just her fucking about. minimal choreography. you just think shes pretty so you like it.

KLF?

what would you expect, shes owned by the industry. she has people to help her write her songs. they give her freedom on condition she makes money.

hopefully she overspends and over promotes like bowie did on the diamond dogs tour, loses a fuck tonne of money and releases station to station and an isolar tour.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_KLF#Retirement

I mean, she could have just been the female Depeche Mode, how would that not make money?

based pulp user

she needs to ditch antonoff

Bump

the hype was so much for this I felt super disappointed... and yet everyone seems to love this. it's not bad but I expected too much I guess, at the end it's just a 5.5/10 barely above average pop

Yeah she's pretty hypocritical. Her first album shat all over celeb culture and the mainstream and it seemed she was going to make an effort to separate herself from all that shit, yet as soon as it blew up she was instantly a part of Taylor Swift's "squad" and attenting Harvey Weinstein post-Oscars parties with Jennifer Lawrence.

i dont really know them. do people today like depeche mode that much?

They're a household name so probably not.

their concerts bring tens of thousands of people

Disco 2000 is my shit

but theres a big difference between lorde and a heavily established band from decades ago who probably have completely different audiences. its so easy for bands today to come into the spotlight and lose it. the rollingstones could literally shit a brick on record and people wd still be mad into them, see their shows etc. especially if they have an established catalogue. i think these days its much harder for something you'd probably consider as more arty or w.e to become mainstream popular big time.

well if it's any consolation, their last two albums were shit but Sounds of the Universe was p great (it came out 8 years ago tho)

There's not that much of a difference. She was already established as a pop star with sound bit too far away from Depeche Mode. They aren't anything avant-garde. Plus synth based music is popular in both indie and mainstream now, so she would have risked very little. Yellow Flicker Beat is already pretty much a Depeche Mode song.

i dont even know what depeche mode sound like desu

So when will she drop her The Dreaming?

>on Sup Forums
>doesn't know depeche mode

Go listen to at least some best of, user, please.

Lorde bump

free bump

I'd bed her in an instant.

She's shit and her music makes me sick.

That's not what her debut was about, dumbass

tell me then

Nah, I enjoyed this album, why don't you like her?

her music makes me sick. It gives me an instant headache.

It's about enjoying time as a teenager with peers who are very important to you

>muh projection of muh adolescent throbbing heart into muh music.
No offense tho, i was there too... but it's not what music should be about.... otherwise shit music in good company would magically become good music, which it objectively is not.

(yes objectively good music exist, you dont have to like it but it remains good.)

It's AOTY

Sames

wow that sucks
ever go to a doctor about it?

I liked it

I hope she likes muh dick.

She has some good moves

>yfw pop music will never be as self aware as the 90's

youtube.com/watch?v=IR7jgl1Qf3s

got any pics?

"Can I touch the girth, big boy? I'm absolutely parched."

Hard feelings is a nice song

I wish it had more of a "bad end", but no. it's still a dumb pop album.

You're retarded.
>Royals
>Team

She can't rail against pop music and still look credible, because everyone in the industry sounds like her now.

Harder user!

I agree with you other user

OP here, don't get me wrong I'd fuck her any day.

loooordiiii loooordiiii loooooorde

Xiu Xiu is art pop.

this, pretty much

the singles are kinda fun to listen to, and its bearable in public compared to other pop music, but still a big letdown

out of all the albums in the world for majority of Sup Forums to have their own opinion to, u fucking pick lorde.

ok...

>33 critics liked it so it must be objectively good and have no flaws

Fuck it bump

That album is definitely not pop

Every man for himself