Is this art or just pretentious wank for plebs who can't into classical?

Is this art or just pretentious wank for plebs who can't into classical?

Art.

Art and pretentious wank aren't mutually exclusive

it's dad rock

Good Prog

this, all music is art

it's just dadrock

why do people talk like pretension is a bad thing in art
being ambitious isn't a bad thing

Why do you assume every genre of music strives to eventually become classical music? Why do you assume every genre of music besides classical music and jazz is worthless? Either way, I'm probably reading too much into a bait.

this thought runs through my head every time someone uses that bullshit to try and criticize prog
like its literally the whole point of the genre

..except for rap and country

it's not bait, just an inflammatory title because that's the only way to get discussion
anyway, prog was always trying it's hardest to be art and Fripp was always very pretentious about the whole thing. Rock music requires way less training and knowledge than classical so it just made me think it's inferior and failed at trying to be deep

Prog brought rock music to new heights. Even musicologists agree.

So people shouldn't try to achieve anything in fear of being called tryhards? Are you serious with this?
>Rock music requires way less training and knowledge than classical so it just made me think it's inferior and failed at trying to be deep
Again, you're assuming that every genre of music besides classical music and jazz is worthless, which not a single rational musicologist would agree with.

when I think of pretension in art I think of this. I consider this bad.

It's both.

Plebeian.

In The Court Of The Crimson King is more like something by Richard Dadd or Bosch. Visually detailed, disturbing, explorable, rewarding.

If you don't understand art don't talk about it, fucking retard.

What's the Sup Forums equivalent of (((rothko)))?

la monte young or laurie shpiegel

Morton Feldman, there is no other correct answer.

You must be pedestrian as fuck if you think that qualifies as pretentious, not going to lie.

>classical
Literally dead genre. Let it go.

One thread was enough.

^^^ This

HAHAHA pleb doesn't even understand the money laundering techniques

you throw together some bullshit and convince a bunch of old jewish guys your shit is worth money (once this happens university art teachers and students will collectively blow you). What's not to get?

>plebs who can't into classical
bitch, classical is for the biggest plebs out there

At least put some effort in.

Words from God