Hey, user. How are you enjoying the Malazan Book of the Fallen?

Hey, user. How are you enjoying the Malazan Book of the Fallen?

>implying anyone on this board has the intellectual capacity required for this series

I love GotM, and fell off during DG. For some reason, I felt like picking it back up, but I started with a reread of GotM. Fucking loving it better the 2nd time.

There does not seem to be much interest here. Thats for sure. Thanks for the bump I guess.

Has the series finished? I've red 5 or 6 books a couple years back, great series, karsa Orlong is the fuckin man.

Same for me i read where the went to the new continent after not sure if that was like book 6-7 but it was getting a little boring at that point
and i think the storm archives 2nd book had just came out so i started it and ended up not coming back

If you like Gardens of the Moon you should really give it a chance. Memories of Ice is the best book in the series. Just after Deadhouse Gates. It focuses a lot on the Bridgeburners and basically everyone you should care about.

Gardens of the Moon introduces a lot of things that can go over the reader's head. Rereading it was awesome for me to. It gives you all those little details you missed.

Its a tough way to read a series. Make you care about one set of characters for one book and then leave them behind for another. Only to bring them back two books later. At first I got mad. But I stuck with it. And I'm glad I did. It was such an awesome ride. The books that introduce new characters always end up surprising me. This is some God Tier world building.

by they i mean the malazans/bridgeburners

how long did it take for you to finish the series?

I can't bring myself to finish the last 2 books. The introduction of all those new characters, and using mostly their stories to finish the series was a huge mistake

i felt like things got to spread out for me as well i it was just spreading thin imo

It was a great series up until those books.

>storm archives 2nd book
book 3 comes out next month

yea man on the 14th cant wait great read right htere

Two years.

Part of me agrees that it was a mistake. Pacing wise, it is a disastrous masterpiece. And part of me realizes thats what makes this series so special. If it was just a story about Ganoes Paran it would be entertaining enough, but kind of unremarkable. I think thats what elevates it so much. The author's ability to juggle all these characters. An entire globe and alternate realms on top of that. I don't think anyone else alive is on his level. It can be frustrating at times but Erikson's ability to weave a grander narrative is what makes it special.

anyone read the lightbringer series by brent weeks

G R R Martin is doing way better imo with A song of ice and fire not trying to fan boy but its just better written and thought out.

enjoying it a lot
are you by chance the guy who recommended it to me a few weeks ago after i said i was done reading Remberance of Earth's Past?
if so, thanks a lot
i'm nearly done with Gardens of the Moon and i'm pretty pumped to keep on going
looking forward to Memories of Ice since everyone says it is GOAT

It's on my to-read list. I actually almost started it last week, but chose Black Sun Rising instead.

There are literally thousands on said list, but this is somewhere near the top. It looks pretty excellent.

I had no problem with all the characters moving in and out of the first 8 books, that was great. It was the sudden introduction of all new fucking people to finish the series that was a mistake and diminishes the rest of the books. Why would you follow the same people for 8 straight books then do that? He's a hack

From the big picture, I like GRRM's writings, but from page to page, I find him unbearable. I tried to read A Game of Thrones three times because I really wanted to push through, but I just couldn't be kept awake.

Wanna explain what it's about for non readers? I wish i had the time for reading again. When i was younger I'd demolish books like they were my cousin's panties

The rise and fall of Gods, the fall of an empire, the struggles soldiers go through, lots of battles

Sounds fucking gay to be honest

better than ur favorite book, 50 shades of gray

I dont have a favorite book because im not a fucking nerd

omfg HILARIOUS joke! reading is for NERDS!!! LMFAO!

Yea you are just a well adjusted young lad posting on b in the middle of the night

Mad nerd/10

You probably use a magic the gathering card as a bookmark

that's a good idea, i'll consider it

how the fuck do people still fall for such easy bait?

Not even baiting these dudes are legit nerds

I've started Gardens of the Moon a few times and it's decent I guess, but I'm a huge Glen Cook/Black Company fan and in my opinion, Cook's prose is far superior to Erikson's. I do like the story and universe, but without great prose, it's hard for me to stay interested. The characters in Black Company are so real with so much personality and his narrative voice just flows so well. This seems a little more dry.

I've also read a lot of Robert E. Howard's Conan shit, which has prose like $1,000 wine spilled across a tight blonde's virgin pussy, so I'm a bit picky in that department.

YA BRO FUCK READING IT'S SO FUCKING GAY DUDE OMFG WORDS R SO FUCKIN GHEY

Nerd

>intellectual capacity
>Malazan Book of the Fallen
oh you sad little retard. I pity your family

Yeah it's such a creative premise, but the characters feel a bit cliche for me and sometimes the color shit is so unique and weird that it's just too fucking weird and starts to feel goofy as fuck lol, like when he's drafting a boat and skiing on it and flying it and shit - it's cool and yet also kind of retarded weird.

ya i know, try reading some REAL " smart boi " books.
i ONLY read Carl Hiaasen (his yougn adult novels)
now THAT is some advanced reading

ITT: nerds discuss nerd shit

FUCK learning!
FUCK thinking!

Also ITT: Chads insult people who read books to ease their insecurity about being fucking morons

the cringe meter is rising

Mad nerd

So when the fuck is rothfuss going to publish the third book?

Never

Quick Ben is my boi

it's not gonna happen, just give up hope
he'll release a 10th anniversary of Slow Regard before finishing Kingkiller

I'm just done with the second. I'm sorry for the earlyfags that have read the book 6 years ago.

He's too busy selling the 10th anniversary of NOTW, and making decks of cards to write, the dude is an asshat

But I don't want to read irrelevant shit, wasn't it said, that the books were written down from the beginning on?

>wasn't it said, that the books were written down from the beginning on?
Yes, and he was lying to get a publishing deal.

Should I read lord of the rings?

if you want to

Yes

Hell no

>irrelevant shit
slow regard was actually a pretty relaxing read
also, you HAVE to read Lightning Tree if you haven't
really good short story, it's about Bast in the weeks/months before NotW starts

Im just kidding nerds i could just watch the movies

it's bretty gud :DDDD

that being said, I agree with other anons that the ending was a bit shit. and the series is so intimidatingly long that most people can't be fucked to read it. I still get hype as fuck for Deadhouse Gates and The Bonehunters though... it's had an influence on my own worldbuilding for DnD campaigns and such.

What series is this

I didn't watch or read. But as far as I know gandolf or whatever dies and the curly head boy becomes the lord of the rings.

league championship series, world series starts on the 24'th

Okey, I'll consider that. But still, rothfuss seems to be a real asshole, I hope he reads this.

Fuck you

I read up to midnight tides a while ago
Silchas Ruin did nothing wrong

wouldn't doubt it
he's probably ITT right now
he's probably posting about how good Malazan is so that people will forget about his books and the pressure is off

illiterates should honestly just be rounded up and gassed, nobody will miss them, they're no different from animals

JESUS H CHRIST SPOILER ALERT NEXT TIME PLEASE

Easy boy, just kidding man, as I said I didn't read or watch.

It was a joke, I don't even know who or what Randalf is

he dindu nuffin he a good boi

It is so damn good!

I requsted the entire series from the library recently becaue they only had the first 2 books
anyway, the whole thing is on order, but now some fucking cunt has already got Memories of Ice on hold behind me
so even though i requested the god damn thing i'm gonna have to give it back after 2 weeks
FUCKING CUNT

It's better than the wheel of time

wheel of time was so bad that i couldn't even get past book 3 of the audiobooks
(no i dont listen to audiobooks anymore they are for degenerate illiterates)

Anybody read karkansas stuff? Hard to get through, im halfway through book 2, and ive read the main seriers twice.
How about esslemont? I thought he was good, but nowhere near eriksons level. He managed to make Antsy kinda boring