This is the best movie I’ve ever seen and I don’t think anything else is going to come close

This is the best movie I’ve ever seen and I don’t think anything else is going to come close.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrNijjU-2IE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

It's pretty good

Probably not for a good couple of years atleast.
It still doesn't live up to the big hits in the 80s.

Movie of the year for me though I feel like it could use a slight recut, some scenes kind of lingered a bit long and you could probably shave the film down a little bit. Like the drone scene felt like it was 10 fucking minutes long and it didn't really add much for how long it was.

this, but for the "repeating what was previously said" scenes.

Like, we get it, hearing "you've never seen a miracle" being told 3 times.

Those were usually really short or voiceovers plus it's keeping to the style of the first film. They never bothered me in Blade Runner so I guess I didn't really notice them in 2049.

didnt the final cut remove alot of the shitty voiceover for the original though?

it's indeed a great movie and one of the very few recent examples of studios putting the money and the time to carefully create a world.
Shame americunts aren't going to see it, we have to hope that the rest of the world saves the day once again.
Still, this kind of movie flopping in domestic territory gives the wrong message to the studios, why bother putting so much effort and money in something so epic when they can just make another shitty superhero movie and cash in much more

The original features this as well. It’s inclusion in this film is more of an homage.

it's a 10/10 movie, i don't think it's the greatest of all time by any standard though.

*70s

Just Deckard’s film noir monologue at the start of the film.

I'd have to watch it again but it definitely still had some.

Leto looks autistic in the trailers. No kidding you fucks like this waste of 200 million dollars.

Oh its so epic.

He's in literally 2 scenes. Why are you even bothering to try to talk about a movie you haven't even seen?

I've never had such an engaging and emotional experience with a film. When it was over, I got in my car and sobbed for a couple of minutes. I know that sounds strange, but it gave me a lot of insight to my life and life in general.

I haven't been to the theaters in years and I was NOT disappointed in this film! I didn't even see the original and this was amazing.

>I haven't seen the movie but I feel compelled in shitposting
>I'm a little wanker and everyone knows it but I pretend I'm smart

Definitely check out the original.

It's dangerous to fool with the classics, Dave. It makes me quite uneasy.

It stands on it's own while also being a good sequel that honors the original. Even if you hate it it doesn't hurt the original at all.

>blade runner
>deckard is no replicant

>blade runner 2049
>deckard is a replicant

awesome writing, 10/10

Brah

>>blade runner
>>deckard is no replicant
Where did you get that from? It's ambiguous, leaning to him being one in Blade Runner.

It was a great movie, but I wouldn't say the best, one of the few examples where the remake (I know it's not technically a remake, but I'd call anything made 30+ years after the original a remake) is better than the original

Why would you call it a remake when it's literally a sequel that follows the story from the first film?

you got that backwards bro, firstly first assumed he was due to the unicorn dream. Replicants only live a few years. Case in point the 2049 deckard is old, hense human. The whole point in the new guy tracking down the child is to see how a human can procreate with a replicant and make a child.

>movie is a straight sequel
>"I'd call it a remake anyway"

not sure you have the brain to follow this kind of movie for real

i'ts actually garbage. I didn't have any expectations when i went to see it, regardless of that fact, i left the cinema dissapointed.

>the world is bland
>tries to be good at everything and fails miserably
>aesthetically uninteresting, dull.
>abuses hight volume and ominous sounds to fill the aesthetic void

It just felt like a generic detective-thriller movie with unnecessary science fiction details.

>I'm trying to solve the mystery that makes me more than a mere artifact but as a side plot, im an alien and also a cowboy

This film is the perfect example of a bad built plot. It just fails at telling a story.

Rachel didn't die of old age though. Just the Nexus6's had a short lifespan, 7s and 8s age. Rachel was a Nexus7, Deckard could be one too.

Bump

>the world is bland

literally wat

>tries to be good at everything and fails miserably

opinion, the movie is actually good at everything imo

>aesthetically uninteresting, dull.

it looks fuckin epic and it's made so well that it still looks to be in the same universe of the original, something pretty hard to achieve 35 years later

>abuses hight volume and ominous sounds to fill the aesthetic void

the soundtrack is objectively spectacular, you just have shitaste

it's ok if you disliked the movie, but every reason you gave goes from factually bullshit to personal opinion.

Jared Leto was awful but I agree, 9/10 film

> facts
> art

Choose one

it was amiguous in the first version.
the director's cut added the unicorn dream scene wich made it clear he is a replicant

It was a good movie, but it was pretty boring. I almost fell asleep a couple of times and the story doesn't seem that original. Also what tf happened to Jared Lettos character?

He fucked off to space.

If something made the first film great, was the greatly set up chronotope and the visual aesthetics.

The plot was fine, and the focus on the identitary aspects of what means to be human was ok, but if you want to get something of value just read the book.

The least i could ask to get from the sequel, with the resources we have actually taken into account, was an interesting aesthetical experience and i got utter garbage.

Definitely the best movie i've seen in the last ten years. And one of the best sequels ever made, up there with Godfather 2.

original vs 2049 comparison

youtube.com/watch?v=jrNijjU-2IE

2049 looks so dull

I never once thought "this looks dull" in the theater. Though if you're looking at it through half a youtube video on a phone it probably does.